posted by Colm Hanratty | 0 Comments
Want to be able to take photographs as good as this one of Angkor Wat? Dream of returning from your travels with photos to make your friends, family and everybody else jealous? Then you need to pick up a copy of 'Photography for Travellers' by renowned travel photographer Ewen Bell. The good news is that he's been kind enough to give us two copies to give away to two lucky winners! All you have to do to win is follow @hostelworld on Twitter, follow Ewen on Twitter also, then RT the competition tweets that we'll be tweeting from 9amGMT today (Friday 23rd November).
The book is a philosophical journey to accompany your photographic travels. It seeks to bring the attention back from the camera and into your consciousness. He calls these chapters "practical philosophies" because they really are practical and really can change the way you photograph. Sometimes they are about techniques, but mostly they are about looking at things a little differently.
Ewen's research for the book comes from his hundreds of journeys spent exploring the world, collecting images for travel publications and instructing travellers in the art of photography. The ideas presented are a distillation of collective wisdom, the informative details and broader philosophies that have proved themselves over and over.
Terms and conditions:
1. By participating in this competition; the Entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2 Entry to the competition is subject to following @hostelworld and @ewster on Twitter, then ‘retweeting’ the competition tweet.
3. Competition closes at 12.00 midnight PST, Friday 23rd November 2012.
4. The prize is provided by PhotographyForTravellers.com, and details are as follows: There will be 2 winners chosen at random, each winner will receive a copy of the “Photography for Travellers” book by Ewen Bell.
5. No purchase is necessary for participating in the competition. The prize is for the use of the winner plus one adult and is not transferable and the prize cannot be redeemed for any other product.
6. Employees of PhotographyForTravellers.com, Hostelworld.com Ltd or related companies, their families and agencies and associated companies are not eligible to participate in the competition.
7. Hostelworld.com, accepts no liability for any losses or injuries suffered in connection with the prize and no responsibility can be accepted or lost or misplaced entries, incomplete entries will be disregarded.
8. Hostelworld.com does not own or run any PhotographyForTravellers.com services. The Participants contract is with Photography for Travellers, not the Hostelworld.com.
9. The Winner shall be notified via Twitter and given 2 calendar days from the date of notification to claim the prize. In the event that the Winner fails to respond in writing via e-mail within that period, chooses not to accept the Prize or is ineligible for the Draw, he/she shall be immediately disqualified from the Draw and he/she shall forthwith relinquish any right or entitlement to the Prize. Hostelworld.com shall then draw from all remaining eligible entries and an alternative Entrant shall be selected as winner of the Prize. The same terms will apply.
10. Hostelworld.com reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or discontinue this competition or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to Participants.
11. No expiry date on tickets.
In our hostelworld.com travel blog we bring you all the latest company news and information on new additions to the site including podcasts, videos and more. You'll also get inside information on a variety of destinations across the globe as they're visited by our travel editor and writers.
Juliana Roes said
Manuela Ferrer said