So you're in the process of planning your trip around Europe, South America or somewhere else and you're wondering how to choose the best hostel for you? Read on...
We've put together six very helpful tips to help you choose the right hostel for you.
- Read the hostel's microsite thoroughly. These have a full description of the hostel along with pictures too.
- Read past customer comments and ratings. Each Hostelworld.com customer is invited to rate the hostels in terms of security, cleanliness, fun, staff, location and character.
- Book in advance to ensure you get the type of room you want. If you are looking for a private double/twin room, but leave booking until the last minute, you may not get the type of room you want.
- Make sure to bring a lock with you. All hostels provide lockers for valuables, although some provide the lockers actually inside the room, although you'll need to have a key to lock it.
- If you plan on partying in the destination make sure there is no curfew in the hostel where you are staying!
- If you want to be able to cook for yourself to save money on eating out, make sure the hostel you want to stay in provides kitchen facilities.
Hopefully they'll help you choose the right hostel for you. If you've any more questions just let us know by commenting on this post and we'll get back to you.