Win a week’s free accommodation with Travel Story Awards 2013
Voting for the first ever Travel Story Awards 2013 is now open, and we want to know your top travel stories of 2013. Click here to vote for your favourite entries and you could win one week’s free accommodation. That's right, a whole week, anywhere you like, totally on us...
Voting in the Travel Story Awards
It's simple to vote - there are nine blog post award categories, with five fantastic travel stories shortlisted for each. Ten bloggers are also shortlisted for the grand title of Storyteller of the Year, which awards a blog overall for the best series of travel stories in 2013.
To enter, pick your favourite posts and one blog, then vote.
The categories in full:
Voting will end at 23:59 on 6th January 2014.
What are you waiting for? Cast your vote now for the chance to win…
Ten winning bloggers will also receive a week's free accommodation from Hostelworld.
1. The promoter of the prize draw (the “Draw”) is Hostelworld.com Limited (hereafter known as the "Promoter") of Charlemont Exchange, Charlemont Street, Dublin 2, Ireland.
2. By entering the Draw, the "Entrant" agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and agrees that the decision of the Promoter is binding and final.
3. No purchase is necessary for entry into the Draw.
4. The prize is provided by the Promoter
5. The full prize details (the "Prize") are as follows:
i. There will be 1 winner (the “Winner”). ii. The Winner shall be entitled to free accommodation in a property listed on Hostelworld.com, for up to 7 (seven) consecutive nights up to a maximum value of £350. The particular hostel and accommodation type will be subject to availability and the Winner acknowledges that the particular hostel that they select may not be available on certain dates due to prior bookings. iii. Travel insurance is not included in the prize and it is the Winner’s responsibility to arrange suitable cover for their needs.
6. The Prize is non-transferable, cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and can only be claimed by the Winner notified by the Promoter in accordance with clause 13 below. No cash or other alternatives to the prizes are available.
7. The winner must confirm their free accommodation before 31st March 2014 for travel to be completed by 30th June 2014.
8. The Promoter does not own or run any of the hostel accommodation services. In order to avail of the free accommodation referred to in clause 5 above the Winner will be required to agree to any relevant terms and conditions or contract required by the relevant hostel. The Winner acknowledges that the Promoter will not be party to any such agreements and will not be liable to the Winner in respect of the terms of those agreement(s) whether directly or indirectly.
9. Entrants must be aged 18 or over. Each Entrant must vote for their favourite travel story on Hostelworld.com and submit their email address via the online entry form. In entering the Draw, the Entrant does so at his/her own risk and on his/her own initiative, and is responsible for complying with local laws, to the extent any local laws apply. Entry into the Draw may be unlawful under the laws of the applicable jurisdiction and if entry in the Draw is unlawful, the Entrant will breach these terms and conditions and will be immediately disqualified from the Draw.
10. No responsibility is taken for entries which are lost, delayed or misdirected, or cannot be delivered or entered for technical or other reasons.
11. The Draw is not open to employees or agents of the Promoter or any affiliated companies or subsidiaries or any third parties involved in the Draw.
12. The Draw is open for participation from 09:00 GMT on 11th December 2013 until 23.59 GMT on 6th January 2014. Any entries received or processed after the Draw is closed will not be accepted. The winner of the Draw shall be chosen at random by the Promoter from all correct entries on 7th of January 2014.
13. The Winner shall be notified via their submitted email address [within seven (7) days of the prize draw]
14. By entering the Draw each Entrant agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name and nationality to be displayed as a Winner on the Hostelworld.com website.
15. By entering the Draw the Entrant agrees, in the event that they are a Winner, to participate in such promotional activity as is reasonably requested by the Promoter, such as providing the Promoter with content for the Hostelworld.com website, blog, e-newsletters, and social media channels for further marketing purposes following the Draw.
16. By entering into the Draw the Entrant agrees to a subscription to Hostelworld.com’s free e-newsletters
17. The Winner shall be given fourteen (14) calendar days from the date of notification to claim the prize. In the event that the Winner fails to respond in writing via e-mail within that period, chooses not to accept the Prize, is ineligible for the Draw or fails to duly complete, execute and return any document required by the Promoter, he/she shall be immediately disqualified from the Draw and he/she shall forthwith relinquish any right or entitlement to the Prize. The Promoter shall then draw from all remaining eligible entries and an alternative Entrant shall be selected as winner of the Prize (the "Alternative Winner").
18. The Alternative Winner shall be notified via his/her submitted email address. The Alternative Winner shall be given three (3) calendar days from the date of notification to claim the Prize. In the event that the Alternative Winner fails to respond in writing via e-mail within that period, chooses not to accept the Prize, is ineligible for the Draw or fails to duly complete, execute and return any document required by the Promoter, he/she shall be immediately disqualified from the Draw and he/she shall forthwith relinquish any right or entitlement to the Prize. The Prize shall then be returned to the inventory and the Draw shall be discontinued.
19. Only one entry per email address will be accepted. The Promoter will not accept multiple entries using the same email address.
20. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the individual that submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorised account holder of the e-mail account.
21. Each Entrant releases and holds the Promoter and its employees, agents, sub-contractors and consultants harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Draw or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any Prize, including without limitation, personal injury, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
22. The receipt by an Entrant of a Prize is conditional upon that Entrant executing all releases and other documentation and providing such assistance as the Promoter may reasonably require.
23. The Promoter shall not be liable for any breach of its obligations hereunder resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to fires, strikes (of its own or other employees), insurrection or riots, embargoes, delays in transportation, requirements or regulations of any civil or military authority, computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or technical failure and the Promoter shall be entitled to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Draw and these terms and conditions without liability.
24. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or discontinue the Draw or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to Entrants.
25. These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and the Entrant hereby agrees that for the benefit of the Promoter and without prejudice to the right of the Promoter to take proceedings before any other court of competent jurisdiction, that the courts of Ireland shall have jurisdiction to hear and determine any suit, action or proceedings that might arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions and for such purposes the Entrant irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of such courts.
Cassandra C said
Alex Tyner said
Josh Freeman said