Booking Guarantee Terms & Conditions
- In the unlikely event that you encounter a problem on arrival at your property which you booked on www.hostelworld.com, whereby the property reception agent has no record of your reservation under your name or Hostelworld.com Reference Number or your confirmation email; we will credit your account on Hostelworld.com with the deposit amount you paid to secure the reservation. In addition we will credit your account by US$50 extra for the inconvenience caused, which can be used towards deposits of future hostel bookings on Hostelworld.com.
- In order to make a claim under our Booking Guarantee you must contact us within 48 hours of arrival at the property - as per the arrival date and time outlined on your reservation confirmation. You must contact us and detail your claim by filling in the Booking Guarantee contact form on Hostelworld.com Booking Guarantee
- If requested by Hostelworld.com upon making your claim, you must be able to provide a copy of your confirmation email either digitally or print; or booking reference number that can be subsequently validated against the booking confirmation, in order for us to verify your claim.
- All claims are subject to verification and/or approval by Hostelworld.com.
- Hostelworld.com will not verify any claims that it believes, in its sole discretion, to be made fraudulently or in bad faith.
- On verification and/or approval of a claim, Hostelworld.com will credit your account on Hostelworld.com with the deposit amount and the additional US$50 credit, both of which can be used towards deposits of future hostel bookings on Hostelworld.com.
- Credit will be applied to your account which is identified by the e-mail address used to process your initial booking. Credit cannot be applied to a booking made using a different e-mail address.
- Credit is only valid for bookings made online at Hostelworld.com and must be used within 6 months from the date the credit is applied to your account, after which the option to use the credit expires. No refunds will be given for any Booking Guarantee credit not used after the 6 month credit period. No cash value will be given in lieu of the credit.
- In order to use credit simply log onto www.hostelworld.com and make a booking using the same e-mail address. Your credit will automatically apply to your booking once you confirm the reservation.
- Credit only applies to accommodation booking deposits; it cannot be used against other charges on Hostelworld.com.
- The Booking Guarantee does not apply to situations whereby a property listed on Hostelworld.com ceases operation due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Hostelworld.com reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or discontinue the Booking Guarantee or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to participants. No change in the Booking Guarantee will affect any credit that has already been issued to your account on Hostelworld.com.
- Should the booking deposit value of your subsequent bookings be less than the US$50 Booking Guarantee credit, the credit balance can be used for all subsequent booking(s) at any property type in any destination made on www.hostelworld.com within the 6 month credit validity period. In order to avail of the remaining credit you must make all of your subsequent booking(s) on www.hostelworld.com using the same email address. The credit can be viewed within your MyWorld account on Hostelworld.com.
- Booking Guarantee credit is applied in USD only. If you choose to pay the original booking deposit in a currency other than USD, the exchange rates prevailing on the day that the credit is being processed will be applied. When subsequent bookings are being made using Booking Guarantee credit and you choose to pay the booking deposit in a currency other than USD, exchange rates prevailing at the time of the booking will be applied.
- Credit is only applicable once to one account, whether the booking is for an individual guest or multiple guests.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and participants hereby agree that for the benefit of Hostelworld.com and without prejudice to the right of Hostelworld.com to take proceedings before any other court of competent jurisdiction, that the courts of Ireland shall have jurisdiction to hear and determine any suit, action or proceedings that might arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions and for such purposes the participant irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of such courts.
Hostelworld Mobile Apps
Book on the go with the new Hostelworld mobile apps.