General Info about Exmouth, Australia

Visa Requirements
All visitors to Australia need a passport and a visa. Those travelling from New Zealand are issued a visa on arrival; all other visitors must obtain one in advance. There are several types of visa depending on the reason for visiting, but most holiday visitors will need a standard tourist visa. To apply for a visa you’ll need an application form, available from Australian diplomatic missions overseas and many travel agents. Holiday visas entitle tourists to stay in Australia for three months.

Visitors between the ages of 18 and 30 from Britain, Ireland, Canada, the Netherlands, Malta, the Republic of Korea, Japan, Malta, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Germany may be eligible for a working holiday visa. You can work either full-time or part-time for as much of the year that you want, but you can’t work for the same employer for more than 3 months. Working visas are valid for a year from the date of issue and are valid for a year from the date of entry.

Australia’s currency is the Australian dollar ($), which can made up of 100 cents.

The official language in Exmouth is English.

Exmouth has a warm and dry climate, with summer temperatures often reaching the high 40s.

Medical Care
Residents of Britain, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Malta and Italy are entitled to free or subsidised health care under Medicare due to reciprocal agreements. Residents of the Republic of Ireland aren’t entitled to a Medicare card but can present their passport at public hospitals and get free ‘necessary’ treatment.

Time Zone
Exmouth is 8/9 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) depending on the time of year.

Tourist Offices
The Exmouth Visitor Centre is located on Murat Road. Opening times vary with season.

Voltage in Australia is 220-240V.

The country code for Australia is 61 and the area code for Exmouth is 08.

In Australia tipping isn’t a must as it is in America and some parts of Europe. It is considered as a ‘thank you’ for good service rather than an obligation. If you decide to tip, the amount should be in accordance with how good you felt the service was. Ten percent of the bill would be considered reasonable.

Public Holidays
It is worth noting what the public holidays are before you travel to a country as the majority of businesses, banks and shops usually shut for the day.

In Australia they are January 1st, January 27th (Australia Day), Good Friday, Easter Monday, April 25th (Anzac Day), June 9th (Queen's Birthday), December 25th and December 26th.

Please give us your feedback