Salzburg for a few days
Salzburg is a great city and I highly recommend it for people to see!
I had about 3 days in Salzburg and would say that 3 days is a perfect amount.
Some amazing sights, things to do were:
- Salzburg museum
- Mirabell Palace and Gardens
- Hohensalzburg Fortress
- Salzburg Residenz Palace
- Sazlburg Cathedral
- Erzabtei St Peter Church (also check out the catacomb in the cliffside that over looks the church and cemetery)
- Hellbrunn Palace and trick fountains
- Getreidegasse for shopping
Insider Tip:- Get a Salzburg Card - I got the 72hr card for only 36 euro I feel it was definitely worth the money.
- Best time to visit would be in Summer and many places are closed and fountains and covered up in winter.
- Go up the Museum der Moderne Monchsberg lift to get a stunning view of the city - best in the evening with the sun setting.
- Keep and eye out for quaint cafes/restaurants down little alleyways in Getreidegasse. Many have tables outside with blankets and heat lamps - its lovely!