X

About Cambodia

Cambodia is a tropical country and, even though it is only a little bigger than it's neighbour Vietnam, with an area of 181,035 square kilometres, it is full of unique culture and fascinating experiences for the modern day tourist to enjoy.

Cambodia has a population of 12 million of which 90% are Khmer (Cambodian). The remaining 10% is made up of Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai, Burmese and various ethnic hill tribes.

There are many beautiful places to visit in Cambodia, perhaps two of the most prominent being Angkor Wat and Phnom Penh. A visit would not be complete without visiting some of the temples, many of which are clustered around Angkor Wat.

You can also visit Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia, which is a very endearing city full of French Colonial architecture. Phnom Penh is also home to the National Museum, which houses the priceless Angkorean antiques.

Cambodia’s early history was considerably influenced by India and China and for decades Cambodia went through a very rough period, but now the country is going through a healing process and has become the 10th member of ASEAN and is looking forward to a very bright future and is becoming a hotspot for backpackers worldwide.

Please give us your feedback