X

About Czech Republic

The Czech Republic is a landlocked country with Poland bordering the north and east, Germany the north and west, and Austria and Slovakia the south. Although there are no beaches to laze away on, this hasn’t become an obstacle for it’s tourism industry as it is slowly becoming one of Europe’s most popular destinations.

Previously part of Czechoslovakia, the Czech Republic became an independent state (as did Slovakia) on 1st January, 1993. This was the result of the collapse of the communist regime in 1989 and a strong secessionist movement in Slovakia.

95% of the population are Czech, with German, Poles and Slovaks, among others, making up the remaining 5% and the country’s national language is Czech, with Slovak still spoken in some areas.

Please give us your feedback