007 Bristol Hostel Reviews

150-152 West Street, Bedminster, Bristol, England

It's an ok hostel. The thing I liked at the 007 was the beds. You have your own light and electric outlet. Privacy is also a given since every bed is separate from another.

Mostly a working-man's hostel it seemed. Kitchen was good, lots of people live there so quite busy. Common area pretty pokey and run down, whole place a bit tired. Best part was the fully enclosed pod beds, that would make us stay there again.

If you're looking for a bed just to spend the night, excellent connections to the airport and within walking distance to the train station and the city centre (25min), then this hostel might be fine for you. If you, however, prefer a warm atmosphere in a charming neighbourhood, then you should stay somewhere else. I wouldn't recommend the place to female solo travellers as the area is not very lively at night. The staff was excellent and very friendly! Thanks a lot!

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I really appreciated this hostel because it was clean, the people I met there were nice and the staff paid attention to us. As it was my first time in Bristol and as I needed to go to Cardiff, they helped me a lot to reach my destination. The room I slept in was really good, with everything to plug in my phone and a lamp. I was able to use my phone without disturbing the others who were sleeping. The bathroom was clean, well, nothing else to say it was really good.

they have published in website to have free parking, the real free parking is the public street Doors were without locker, so you should sleep with your door open, everybody can get into your room towel and line bed in bad condition wifi no available in rooms security very poorly

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Big kitchen with all you need. Confortable hall with sofa and tables. Nice rooms. A bit far from the centre . Not so cheap.

The showers definitely need addressing as there is no privacy and nowhere to hang dry items . It did not feel very safe and there were no lockers to leave items in.

More people actually lived here then were travelers; which was a good and bad thing. Good because the people were interesting and even got an excellent tour from a local guy. But bad because it was a little sketch... Had my purse and phone taken as a joke but I wasn't laughing. Also there wasn't a lock for my luggage or even on the door-- so although the creep did get kicked out, he was still able to pop in multiple times during the night. Did not feel safe at all.

There was no where to lock up your stuff, which was concerning given some of the dodgy looking guests/tenants. The neighborhood is interesting, seems like a welfare suburb. The atmosphere wasn't at all great. It seemed like everyone staying here were long term tenants. Wifi only works in the reception/lounge area. The place was kind of dirty. The linen on my bed was not clean. Sorry to say but this hostel is my vision of a halfway house would be.

JJ, at the front desk went out if her way to be helpful and curteous. Will recomend this hostel to friends for sure. Aloha

• 14th Jul 2015