007 Bristol Hostel Reviews

150-152 West Street, Bedminster, Bristol, England

Nice place to stay, best thing is the bed curtains, giving you privacy. Unfortunately the showers are not private, there are no cubicles, it's just a room with a line of showerheads, so you're sharing the same shower space with others.

The staff wasn't really nice and didn't talk to much, also my boyfriend said the Male showers, took him back to school days. He didn't want to shower with a load of strangers, like he is in the Rugby showers. Also when booking it didn't say about the women's showers being out of order, also no sign in toilet area about it. And in the morning before we went the staff was very weird, and playing poker on the Internet. And didn't talk to us because he was more interested in the online gambling.

The best thing about this place is you get a pod of your own with your own power socket and lamp. The staff are sound enough.

• 28th Oct 2015

It's an ok hostel. The thing I liked at the 007 was the beds. You have your own light and electric outlet. Privacy is also a given since every bed is separate from another.

Comparing this to other hostels we've stayed at for the same price we were really disappointed. The bathrooms and common areas weren't that clean. Security didn't seem too flash with the front door always left adjust and when we left our bags behind they were kept at the entrance to reception where anyone could take them. Location wasn't that flash either. We probably wouldn't choose to stay here again.

Mostly a working-man's hostel it seemed. Kitchen was good, lots of people live there so quite busy. Common area pretty pokey and run down, whole place a bit tired. Best part was the fully enclosed pod beds, that would make us stay there again.

If you're looking for a bed just to spend the night, excellent connections to the airport and within walking distance to the train station and the city centre (25min), then this hostel might be fine for you. If you, however, prefer a warm atmosphere in a charming neighbourhood, then you should stay somewhere else. I wouldn't recommend the place to female solo travellers as the area is not very lively at night. The staff was excellent and very friendly! Thanks a lot!

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I really appreciated this hostel because it was clean, the people I met there were nice and the staff paid attention to us. As it was my first time in Bristol and as I needed to go to Cardiff, they helped me a lot to reach my destination. The room I slept in was really good, with everything to plug in my phone and a lamp. I was able to use my phone without disturbing the others who were sleeping. The bathroom was clean, well, nothing else to say it was really good.