021 Hostel

Fabulous 289 Total Reviews
Fabulous 289 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 31-40
9th Jun 2017

Solid hostel. I stay here almost every time I go to Rio. Good staff. Great location in between Lapa and the beaches.

• England, Female, 25-30
1st Jun 2017

Friendly staff but as a tourist asking questions many of the staff did not appear that knowledgable about local spots or what time to go to certain things, although they were great at googling stuff (but I did this myself obviously). The hostel is nice, good facilities but the beds were very squeaky/rusty/noisy. Comfy enough but had the dorm been full it would have made for an interesting nights sleep.

Hey, Thanks for the review. We have 2 brand new volunteers (one from Venezuela and the other one from Moçambique), maybe you got them my themselves at some point (really rare to happen). We do make some training with them, but some few times they are without the help of the manager (that lives in Rio it's been 31 years) or some other person of the team that it's at the reception. We are sorry about this, and I'm sure that any guest can have the best local tips and things to do in Rio. Thanks again =) Leo

24th May 2017

I loved to stay because of the great staff, the facilities are rather simple, and we were happy not to have the dorm booked up. We had a private shower which was nice, the bathroom was not always clean and there are just two public ones of them in total. The breakfast is nice (toast with ham and cheese, cereal, cake and a fruit), although they messed up a little after a night out. The location is good to reach the touristic spots, but dont walk around after 10pm, better take uber or taxi.

Hey, we are glad to hear you! Our staff is happy to know it. Cachaça room has a really nice shower. There is 4 public showers, 2 upstairs and 2 at the external area. The nice thing about the breakfast that it's served in individual trays, so you can have the same food quality even if you wake up late. About walking after 10pm, it's fine to walk to the metro or bus station, go to the supermarket (that stays less than 5 minutes walking). But, around us, there is always a police car, because of the Guanabara Palace (Government house). Thanks again for you review =) Leo

• USA, Male, 25-30
15th May 2017

Awesome staff, good toilets (never faced any cue to taking a shower or using the toilet), the maid is very polite and hard working. Great location, close from the metro station and the majority of the cool beaches and Copacabana. I went walking to the place that the vans departs to Christ and a nice walking to Sugar Loaf (not so close, but I'd rather walk than take a bus). Cozy commom area. Highly recommended.

Thanks, it was so nice to have you here. It was such an awesome review lol. We will always try to do our best. Thanks again, bro!

• Germany, Female, 18-24
8th May 2017
6.0

I honestly don't know why this hostel has so many good reviews. We stayed only one night but left early and without breakfast because the beds were so uncomfortable and the breakfast looked very poor. We had very loud roommates and could barely sleep. There is only one toilet and one sink for 16 people!! We would not stay again.

Well, I dunno if you are making a review of us. It's not an opinion, but we have 3 different bathrooms, 4 showers, 3 sinks. Not couting the ensuit dorms (+2 showers +1 sink). We have 35 beds, not 16. About our breakfast normally people love it. We serve a portion of fruit, cake, bread, ham and cheese, cereal, coffee, milk, juice (it's a pretty decent meal for a hostel). But, anyway, sorry if there was something wrong with it.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
25th Apr 2017

My favourite hostel in South America! The staff are what make it so great, they really do their best to show everyone a good time

• USA, Male, 25-30
21st Apr 2017

100% Perfect hostel!!! Thanks Leo/Staff ! See you soon 021 hostel!

• England, Couple, 25-30
19th Apr 2017
5.7

Our room was lovely and it was nice having the balcony although from day one the guy showing us to our room said we could smoke there and on the last morning someone said we couldn't which is fine but it needs to be set straight between staff! Our food was taken which is just rude. I understand maintenance needs to be done but it was such awkward times and meant the toilet facilities were intermittent. The breakfast is not so great and perhaps could be better as it is so so simple

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
18th Apr 2017

I loved my days at 021. The staff made me feel like home. The bathrooms are clean and organized and the breakfast is so great !! Certainly when I return to Rio I will return to 021...

Thank you! You make us happy ;) We just reformed the first bathroom and, within the next weeks, we'll reform the other ones. Hope you can see the changes when you come back!

• England, Male, 25-30
17th Apr 2017

The best Staff! I had the real "carioca" experience! A great laugh, good air con in the rooms and comfy beds! Very clean if I go to Rio again I will defiantly be staying here. :)

Thanks man, we're glad you liked. When you need us, the doors are always open for you and your friends =)