1 River Central Reviews

1109 JP Rizal Guadalupe Viejo, Manila, Philippines

The staff was friendly and helpful. They didn't tell me from the start that there was a kitchen upstairs and that the breakfast was free, though. I stayed in a four bed dorm with a friend. We had our own dorm even though there were other guests. It was a good stay.

The hostel staff are excellent. Very friendly & helpful, from check-in to check-out. If the weather had been better, I would have definitely tried one of their tours. The place is not too far from the airport and is near a big mall, but it's not really the nicest of areas. I had booked a 4-bed room, but when I got there it was a 6-bed room with only 4 lockers, which was a bit annoying but not terrible. The a/c, however, was terrible. Overall, you really can't beat the price for a place to sleep.

I only stayed for one night because of a long layover. The hostel is pretty close to the airport (~180 pesos with no traffic; I took a white taxi from the departure area). The hostel is clean and there's a common area on the roof. I had to leave for the airport during rush hour the next day and getting a taxi was difficult. The owner was extremely kind and dropped me off at a hotel where I could catch a taxi. Many thanks!

• 30th Jun 2014

the staff is really friendly, the did a free guided tour around the old part of Manila which was nice. Breakfast was bread, jam, butter, egg, slice of meat (allways different), tea, coffee near to MRT Station but far from City. 30 min. MRT to taft. Avenue and 30 min. to City centre at night it was allways noisy because of Karaoke and street was very bussy

showers barely worked, air conditioning barely worked, mediocre rooftop deck, medicore breakfast of one pancake. on a very busy road, but that seems to be the norm in manila. wouldnt recommend it. everyone should go to our amazing hostel instead. that place is awesome.

• 6th May 2014

Thanks for the comment but it is just funny that you were the first person to tell us that the Aircon and shower barely worked . Most of the comment in our reviews always saw that shower works well and I don't even get bad review about our Aircon . In any case we appreciate your comment too bad we didn't reach your hi expectations.

It is not responsibility of the hostel, but it is located just in front of the river, that smells pretty bad. This, together with the high traffic noise and pollution makes you don't want to be up in the terrace, that I thought it was the best point when booking. Apart from that, the room was very clean and staff was helpful. The lockers were a litlle bit destroyed, so in case the dorm was full,there would be no lockers for everyone.

The river is actually smells ok but it is unfortunate that when you stayed with us if I'm not mistaken there was a flood or a rain that causes the river to smell at that time. As for the locker we are on the process of fixing that. thanks for the advise.