1 River Central Reviews

1109 JP Rizal Guadalupe Viejo, Manila, Philippines

very nice hosts, although it's a little awkward at times as they don't tell you they offer breakfast and then we felt like intruders..its located in poor neighborhood, lots of beggars, but close to metro-it's an experience itself :D internet works, warm showers only on ground floor.lockers in the room.felt safe.no place to cook or no fridge though..

Thanks for the comment. We felt bad that you felt tlike an intruder but we always try our best to welcome our guest. It is just unfortunate that you didnt feel that way. As for the neighbor hood even if it is near the poor neighborhood we are also 5 minutes away from one of the most exclusive neighborhood called the ROCKWELL Center. As for the refrigerator and cooking facilities the place is located on the rooftop which is ono the fifth floor.

The staff was friendly and helpful. They didn't tell me from the start that there was a kitchen upstairs and that the breakfast was free, though. I stayed in a four bed dorm with a friend. We had our own dorm even though there were other guests. It was a good stay.

Thanks for the wonderful feedback . Im glad that you enjoyed your stay maybe next time try our free tour around manila.

The hostel staff are excellent. Very friendly & helpful, from check-in to check-out. If the weather had been better, I would have definitely tried one of their tours. The place is not too far from the airport and is near a big mall, but it's not really the nicest of areas. I had booked a 4-bed room, but when I got there it was a 6-bed room with only 4 lockers, which was a bit annoying but not terrible. The a/c, however, was terrible. Overall, you really can't beat the price for a place to sleep.

I only stayed for one night because of a long layover. The hostel is pretty close to the airport (~180 pesos with no traffic; I took a white taxi from the departure area). The hostel is clean and there's a common area on the roof. I had to leave for the airport during rush hour the next day and getting a taxi was difficult. The owner was extremely kind and dropped me off at a hotel where I could catch a taxi. Many thanks!

• 30th Jun 2014

the staff is really friendly, the did a free guided tour around the old part of Manila which was nice. Breakfast was bread, jam, butter, egg, slice of meat (allways different), tea, coffee near to MRT Station but far from City. 30 min. MRT to taft. Avenue and 30 min. to City centre at night it was allways noisy because of Karaoke and street was very bussy