1 River Central Reviews

1109 JP Rizal Guadalupe Viejo, Manila, Philippines

This place is not good. It excists and you can stay there, that's what I have to say about this hostel. Everything else is sub optimal. Also, if you decide to stay here -don't trust the directions they give you in the confirmation email or you won't find it.

• 16th Jan 2016
  • Sweden

At first, I arrived at 7.30 am and welcomed by a girl there. She asked me why I arrived so early and seemed bothered but she still didn't mind I left my heavy bag there. Then when I arrived in the evening, another girl welcomed me so well. She smiled a lot to me and elaborated me all things I needed oh I missed her :'( The bedroom isn't big enough so does the bathroom but I still found it's ok. My blanket wasn't so clean and the fan too. Wish you'll be better! :)

I have travelled a lot of countries around the world, so I tried a lot of hostels and can adapt a lot. However, this is my very first bad review on hostelworld. It says there is breakfast included and hairdryers. This is FALSE. The location is bad: I don't know if the APEC summit happening this week worsened the situation but there is at every hour a LOT of noise due to car circulation. The staff wasn't really helpful, did not try to make a lot of effort. Improvement very much needed.

Oh dear, how they can get away with the blatant lies on hostelworld is beyond me. When I enquired about the breakfast and air conditioning the staff member helping me just laughed and said 'no.' It was near impossible to sleep - not because of the traffic but because the staff seemed to be up on the roof singing karaoke until early morning. This resulted in seemingly hungover staff in the 'communal area' (again, what a joke, it was the reception) who I had to wake up to ask a question.