1 Step from St Peter Reviews

Via Giovanni Bettolo, 52, Rome, Italy

Absolutely loved my stay here! The place was very clean and cozy. The staff was wonderful and very helpful - they even accompanied me to the market and helped me get groceries. Also, being a solo traveler, I felt incredible safe here and free to explore Rome. I am really lucky to have stayed here!

• 24th Jul 2015

Kind staff. Helpful in planning my staying in the city.

We stayed here in the middle of July and it was a great place to retreat to at night especially after a long, hot day of sightseeing. Roberto recommends the best restaurants and places to visit...definitely go to the places he tells you! Very clean, good breakfast with yogurt, pastries and coffee, quiet, large rooms, only a few blocks from the metro so easy to get around the city. Can't say enough good things about this place!

• 11th Jul 2015

Roberto is a fantastic host with very helpful tips about Rome and many, many other cities (He is very well-traveled so I got a lot of useful advice from him for my next cities/countries!). The location is fabulous and our room (private double) was huge and spotless, as were all the common areas. The internet really only worked in the common room, but that wasn't really a problem for us. Will definitely stay here again!!

1 Step from St Peter is a hostel with a perfect location and run by the most welcoming hosts ever. U can´t find a better place to stay in Rome!!

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Finland

This B&B was great. Roberto gave great tips on saving $ and time on sights in Rome. My room was a fairly small room with a twin bed, dresser, nightstand, and a/c unit mounted to the ceiling (a godsend in the 35C heat). The breakfast includes cereals, milk, croissants, yogurt, and an espresso machine with bad coffee. To be honest, breakfast isn't really a thing in Italy. Wifi does not work in the rooms, but wifi is in the communal area. There are three shared bathrooms. Close to the metro. Clean.

• 1st Jul 2015

Thank you for the lovely stay! I enjoyed my time in Rome :)

• 10th Jun 2015

1 Step from St. Peter is a great accommodation choice if you're planning a holiday to Rome. It's perfectly located, just 5-10 minutes walk from the main Vatican sights, and the metro station is just a couple of minutes away to access the city. My room was clean, comfortable and secure. There is a free breakfast and a nice common area for guests to relax. The host was very helpful, with lots of tips and information about what to do and see in Rome. I would definitely stay here again if I return.

Staying here was so lovely, and far exceeded our expectations. It's spacious, clean, and located conveniently close to the metro. Roberto was prepared for our arrival with maps, information, and suggestions on things to do for the duration of our trip. I will 100% stay here again.

• 2nd Jun 2015

We loved OneStepFromStPeters. It's owned and run by a cultured couple who take great pride in their place. They have a lot of class and probably expect guests who are likewise. They have a well appointed clean and charming place very well located. The cost is a bit more than others but we found it to be worth it. Many clean full bathrooms. Floors of marble and ceramic tile, wifi, elevator, wonderful kitchen.

We spent 4 days in Rome in "one step..." and it was great! We came to see BNL Tennis in Foro Italico so the location was perfect (20mins walk). The atmosphere was great as we rented whole hostel - 19 beds! Kati and Roberto took good care of us, helped with restaurant booking, taxi order, advised where to eat and where to buy fresh mozarella and proscutto! :)

• 11th May 2015
  • Poland

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. We stayed with my girl for 4 nights. Warm place, the breakfast and the capuccino were simply perfect, the bathroom was always insanely clean. Mr Roberto and his wife are two very lovely and kind people- also two tremendously professional hostel owners; they run their buisness classy as a 5 star hotel. With out their help, pure interest and advice our stay in the eternal city perhaps wouldn't have been as magical! You will not regret staying there!

• 7th May 2015
  • Greece

Few minutes away from St. Peter's square, few mins to the metro station. Roberto was a great and really nice host who give you many little tips on where to go and how to avoid queuing up to many places. Really clean and good facilities. Definitely recommending this hostel to everyone who is looking for clean quiet place to stay in Rome ;) I had great time

• 5th May 2015
  • Poland

An B&B/Hostel that was clean and got a friendly helpfull staff. Altho the staff wasnt around much they were easy to contact if need be and they had wonderful tips on restaurants and places to see. The location was excellent, near the Metro (Ottaviano) and near to the Vatican.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

I had a wonderful experience with 1 Step from St Peter. Roberto gave us a map and a guidebook and planned out a day of sightseeing for us. The kitchen is well stocked for breakfast (coffee, cornetti, cereal, cappucino and hot chocolate mixes, yogurt, jams, milk...) and the owners set out special cakes for Easter! Close to the metro and just a short walk to the Vatican. I had a very comfortable, stress-free stay here!

• 4th Apr 2015