1 Step from St Peter Reviews

Via Giovanni Bettolo, 52, Rome, Italy

Had a very good stay, owners were very friendly, and felt very welcome. Owners also made several good recommendations of places to go, where to buy tickets for sights etc. Showers were a bit frustrating (went from hot to cold in 0.2 seconds). And not as close to St. Peter's as we previously thought; it takes about twenty minutes to walk to St. Peters square, fifteen if you're a fast walker.But the rooms were excellent, the kitchen was nice and can recommend.

Roberto was a phenomenal host and made our stay in Rome great. This is a wonderful place to stay!

• 5th Sep 2014

I loved it here! Roberto was fantastic! He sat down with me and planned my trip in Rome - even my trip to Florence for when I checked out! My trip would not have been nearly as successful without his help. The facilities were above reproach - very clean, quiet, and friendly. I liked the free breakfast and espresso! I only paid for 1 meal a day because of their selections! Literally a 5 minute walk to the Vatican!

Roberto himself is a traveller , so he knows what the travellers want to know. I got lots of useful info and help from him. The room wasn t big,but it was very clean.

Roberto and Katerina are wonderful hosts and made my first trip to Rome fantastic. My arrival was very easy as Roberto had sent me an email with very precise directions of how to get to the hotel. Upon arrival, Roberto sat down with my for about an hour to explain the city and the types of itineraries I might want to do on each of my days. He also gave me ideas of what to do with the rest of my trip around Italy. Wonderful people and a wonderful place to stay.

This place super clean and has everything you want, hosts are very helpful,

Second time here, and it was just as good as the first. Roberto, Kati, and Friedrich are wonderful owners and people. I will always stay here when in Rome.

Simply amazing. Roberto and his wife were great. They gave us amazing local resturant tips on where to go. How to get to the touristy sites and drew a map of the bus for us. Breakfast was ok never ate though. The location was a 10 minute walk from the Vatican and about 10 minutes on the bus from Spanish steps. It wasn't in the hustle and bussle of the city but you were in a local spot where you get authentic Italian not touristy food. Would go back there in a heartbeat

Roberto and his wife are such lovley and caring people!They help you with everything, their advices for restaurants were great! ("L'Antica Griglia Toscana" is an awesome place for great pasta) The b

• 26th Jun 2014

Roberto was super nice and have us advice on attractions but his wife is a little nagging. Perfect location close to metro and Vaticananf easy to find! breakfast was simple delft serve until 10 of cereal, coffee, yogurt and pastries. Out room had a nice tiny balcony to sit on that viewed the inside of the complex. But a private double bed meant two twin beds.. Felt very safe, the place had 3 bathrooms, which was plenty for the size.

From start to finish we had such a wonderful stay at one step. Roberto

• 18th Jun 2014

Our stay was delightful. Our room was spacious, comfortable and clean. The hosts, Roberto and Kati, were welcoming and helpful at all times. As it is a bed and breakfast it is not possible to do serious meal preparation although there is a refrigerator, microwave, toaster and water kettle so it is possible to do light meal preparation. Bathrooms were spotless and cleaned daily and sometimes twice daily. Convenient to metro and bus. Several shops and restaurants nearby.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Beautiful clean confortable room and bathroom, nice friendly and helpful host, perfect and safe location. I will be there everytime when I stay in Rome.

The B&B "One step from St. Peter" is your perfect place to prepare for and relax from your trips through the streets of Rome and the Vatican! My host Roberto made my weekend in Rome even more unforgetable! Not only he gave me great advices where to go and when, but he also helped me in the middle of the night by printing my online ticket for the Vatican museum. The B&B is one the cleanest place in entire Rome with a very warm atmosphere, worth every Euro you pay! I'll come back! Grazie mille!

Roberto runs a 1st class bed and breakfast and is very accommodating. It is literally a hop and a skip from the Vatican and less than 100 meters from a metro station which makes it convenient to get anywhere. The rooms are more than adequate, and it was much better than staying in a dingy, dodgy hostel where 8 or more people are herded into rooms like beef cattle. I would highly recommend this B&B if you get the chance to visit room. Ciao, Daniel

• 7th Jun 2014

The owner Roberto was awesome and the location was great, would definitely recommend!

Great location, hosts and value. Roberto greeted me on arrival and spent time with a map of Rome and recommended places to go, eat and methods of transport - this was a great help. Breakfast was good and there was plenty. Even my room was cleaned in the morning much to my surprise (and embarrassment - as i'd left it a mess!) - Katharina had folded my clothes and provided clean sheets and towel. Though this was my first time solo travelling it surpassed my expectations of a hostel.

• 5th Jun 2014

Thanks for making it an enjoyable stay.

Super friendly staff, nice and clean rooms. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in!

Lovely atmosphere and great advice from Roberto.

View all Rome Bed and Breakfasts