1 Step from St Peter Reviews

Via Giovanni Bettolo, 52, Rome, Italy

Excellent hostel, would 100% recommend it! Very clean, staff was friendly, and it felt very safe.

• 9th Oct 2014

The staff is really frendly and helpfull ,the room was clean and spacious and the location is perfect.I can recommend to everyone who want to find a perfect place in the city.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

A great hostel, and Katerina and Roberto are really friendly and helpful. Roberto has a lot of great advice about what to do when you are in Rome, how to skip queues and the best restaurants around the area of the hostel. The hostel itself is great, the showers are fairly unpredictable though.

Roberto is a prefect host and Lucia too, help us got around Rome and made our stay with the hostel and in Rome a memorable & good one.

Excellence place to stay in Rome. You almost have that feeling that you are staying at a friends house. It's within Walking distance from the train station with is very convenient if you are going other places.. You can also walk but if you have walked all day like I did is nice to just take the train back to the B

Katherina and Roberto were very hospitable. Roberto would help you plan your itinerary if needed. He provided a map of the city so if you didn't bring one no worries. He had some great dining suggestions, places where the locals eat. Though the location is not in the city center, the "Metro" is two blocks away and the walk to the Vatican

Had a very good stay, owners were very friendly, and felt very welcome. Owners also made several good recommendations of places to go, where to buy tickets for sights etc. Showers were a bit frustrating (went from hot to cold in 0.2 seconds). And not as close to St. Peter's as we previously thought; it takes about twenty minutes to walk to St. Peters square, fifteen if you're a fast walker.But the rooms were excellent, the kitchen was nice and can recommend.

Roberto was a phenomenal host and made our stay in Rome great. This is a wonderful place to stay!

• 5th Sep 2014

I loved it here! Roberto was fantastic! He sat down with me and planned my trip in Rome - even my trip to Florence for when I checked out! My trip would not have been nearly as successful without his help. The facilities were above reproach - very clean, quiet, and friendly. I liked the free breakfast and espresso! I only paid for 1 meal a day because of their selections! Literally a 5 minute walk to the Vatican!

Roberto himself is a traveller , so he knows what the travellers want to know. I got lots of useful info and help from him. The room wasn t big,but it was very clean.

Roberto and Katerina are wonderful hosts and made my first trip to Rome fantastic. My arrival was very easy as Roberto had sent me an email with very precise directions of how to get to the hotel. Upon arrival, Roberto sat down with my for about an hour to explain the city and the types of itineraries I might want to do on each of my days. He also gave me ideas of what to do with the rest of my trip around Italy. Wonderful people and a wonderful place to stay.

This place super clean and has everything you want, hosts are very helpful,

Second time here, and it was just as good as the first. Roberto, Kati, and Friedrich are wonderful owners and people. I will always stay here when in Rome.

Simply amazing. Roberto and his wife were great. They gave us amazing local resturant tips on where to go. How to get to the touristy sites and drew a map of the bus for us. Breakfast was ok never ate though. The location was a 10 minute walk from the Vatican and about 10 minutes on the bus from Spanish steps. It wasn't in the hustle and bussle of the city but you were in a local spot where you get authentic Italian not touristy food. Would go back there in a heartbeat

Roberto and his wife are such lovley and caring people!They help you with everything, their advices for restaurants were great! ("L'Antica Griglia Toscana" is an awesome place for great pasta) The b

Roberto was super nice and have us advice on attractions but his wife is a little nagging. Perfect location close to metro and Vaticananf easy to find! breakfast was simple delft serve until 10 of cereal, coffee, yogurt and pastries. Out room had a nice tiny balcony to sit on that viewed the inside of the complex. But a private double bed meant two twin beds.. Felt very safe, the place had 3 bathrooms, which was plenty for the size.

View all Rome Bed and Breakfasts