11 Happy Backpacker Reviews

#87-89, 136 Street, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

First of all, there was a crockroach under our matress, when I told the girl at the front desk she didn't even act like she cared. After one girl told us the breakfast was included, good! But it appeared it was not which was her mistake to say it was. The same front desk lady got mad at us... I work in a hotel and we don't get mad at a customef when a employee made a mistake!

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Belgium

From the moment we walked in we were not impressed with this hostel. Usually we are nonpicky travellers but this was beyond bad! We had to say hello to the lady on reception four times before she finally got off her phone to check us in. The whole check in process felt unfriendly and too much effort for the staff. Our room was basic as expected but we were unimpressed that the double bed had one pillow, the 'ensuite' had no working light, no toilet paper and a horrible shower.

Some very unfriendly staff... some couldn't speak a word of English... they also tried to tell me I didn't book a room but I had a confirmation and then they also wanted to charge more money off of us... the room itself was okay and the roof top bat was a great place as well but the atmosphere was not rely there... maybe that was due to the low season tho

Staff were rude, we weren't put in the room we paid for, food never arrived terrible stay

very noisy rooftop bar the room I booked was not available, and they wanted to charge more for the replacement room. overall not a good experience

Rooms were basic and plumbing could be better. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Great roof top bar and Coffee.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

BED BUGS! BED BUGS! BED BUGS! Do not stay here, me and some others in my dorm got bed bug bites. I had them all over my legs and arms. They don't change the sheets or clean the bathroom. The rooftop bar is nice but the rooms are horrible. I would recommend staying somewhere else for $1 more and chill at the rooftop bar without getting bed bug bites all over your body.

View all Phnom Penh Bed and Breakfasts