11 Happy Backpacker Reviews

#87-89, 136 Street, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

BED BUGS! BED BUGS! BED BUGS! Do not stay here, me and some others in my dorm got bed bug bites. I had them all over my legs and arms. They don't change the sheets or clean the bathroom. The rooftop bar is nice but the rooms are horrible. I would recommend staying somewhere else for $1 more and chill at the rooftop bar without getting bed bug bites all over your body.

Ok hostel. Stayed in a private room. Shower was clogged and never fixed. Food at rooftop bar was just ok. Played very loud music late at night. Girls at the front desk were helpful and nice. Mo ie theater next door provides entertainment if bored.

No wifi in the rooms is very annoying!!!!!!

Very nice hostel with a good atmosphere and a great rooftop area.

Super welcoming staff, great rooftop bar,y dorm didn't have any bunk beds so no normal clanging of people climbing up and down. Had a great time.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Mosquitos everywhere, no lockers for valuables. However the cinema is awesome, location is good but wouldn't stay here again

Great rooftop bar and a cinema. Good location and clean and comfortable

Staff were uninterested when you checked in. We didn't get the room we'd requested online. No A/C C, Wifi only available in roof bar. Flat beer and we saw a huge rat.

It's an average place. Good if you like to part all night (the rooftop is great!) but be sure to bring earplugs if you go to sleep early since the music is really loud (also really shitty, they play the same commercial billboard songs over and over and over). No lock on the dorm doors. Some of the staff are not very helpful but most are OK.

Even though we just stayed one Night , we had a great time . The Rooftop bar is just incredible and the staff is just great they party together with you :) So if you are in the city definitely stay here !!!

-cool rooftop bar, though really very noisy until 1am -bar plays cheesy music in the late night -no hot water -ladies at the reception were not very helpful

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Turkey

I reserved a single bed with bathroom. On arrival the staff tried to put me in a twin room that had a bathroom located down the hall shared by the dormitory. I refused the room and was told that it was all they had. There were other people in the lobby with the same problem. I was refunded my payment and found a much better, cheaper room down the street.

• 28th Jan 2015

ITs a big clean hostel with verry Nice and helpfull staff. The rooms are basic! The rooftopbar is Nice to have Some meal and beers play pool öre in the evening a dance with other backpakkers . Good !

• 26th Jan 2015