11 Happy Backpacker Reviews

#87-89, 136 Street, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Not impressed with this place unfortunately. I emailed them to arrange a tuk tuk pick up from the bus stop, but they got the day wrong and even though I emailed them to correct it nobody was there to pick me up and I had to negotiate with a driver myself. When I arrived at the hostel nobody seemed to want to check me in and when I mentioned the missed pick up the girl totally ignored the issue. No apology or anything, in fact I was made to feel guilty for mentioning it.! Very disappointing.

The hostel was better than some of the hostels available. There is only so much that can be expected for a cheap rate with an accommodation catered toward backpackers. But the rooftop bar and restaurant was quirky and highly enjoyable. There was a pool table and hammocks. The food was cooked promptly and the staff was attentive.

Emailed hostel for a airport pick up, they didn't get back in touch , ended up paying fortune for taxi as of course was a scam. Hostel is really dirty, toilets no soap , neve toilet roll either . Shower in above the toilet and cold, really unconvienient . I know the showers are in same room what toilet but come on ! Only couple of staff were nice. No air con working in the room. Music too loud on the rooftop so u had to shout in conversation. No locks or securityLeft after one night

Friendly staff, central location, clean rooms and an amazing rooftop bar! What more could you want from a budget hostel :)

Rooftop bar is amazing and staff is extremely friendly! Hoping to come back sometime.

View all Phnom Penh Bed and Breakfasts