1166 Backpackers Reviews

1048 Nishimachi, Nagano, Japan

This hostel is in a great location, has a nice communal room and the staff are very helpful and friendly.

The lady boss is a pretty woman in her 30s, speak fluent English, heartwarming and located just at the sweet spot of Nagano

Good location and very easy to get to. Very clean too. Needed more bathroom facilities but was good to have a kitchen.

The hostel is amazing, it has a traditional vibe, it is secure, well located, very clean, and the staffs are very helpful with all the requirements that you could have. I really recommend this place to stay in Nagano.

Wonderful, welcoming atmosphere. When I arrived some staff members, neighbors, and residents were sitting down to dinner in the main room. They not only invited me to eat with them, but were very supportive of my study of Japanese and taught me quite a few things. I highly recommend this hostel if you are interested in meeting and making friends with Japanese people in a way that (for me at least) is a bit more difficult while hosteling in big cities like Tokyo.

Wonderful hostel, keep up the good work.

Adorable hostel with lovely staff. Unfortunately only one bathroom for about 20 people staying there so a bit of a wait to use the showers. Also walls aren't soundproof at all, so despite the 11pm quiet curfew I could still hear the people downstairs talking till 2am. The highlight was definitely the staff and how nice they are.

Thank you for comments. Please let me make some corrections. We have 2 bathrooms and we can accommodate max 14people, not 20people.(I understand it still not enough though) We turned off the light and closed the first floor before midnight as usual on the day you stayed. 1166backpackers is Japanese old house and using traditional walls so they aren't soundproof at all. We will seriously consider what we can do for the sound from now on too

I stayed for one night. The staff were amazing, they were very welcoming and made me feel like home. They had neighbours came over to at hi and even had dinner together. I was there during a festival, they gathered everyone to make some traditional food, it was a very memorable experience for me. It's very close to the temple you can go see the morning service. Defintely a great place. Only drawback is it can be very cold in the hostel during winter.

I've stayed here before and it's definitely good. The staff is very friendly, and there's snacks and good music all the time. As soon as you arrive they ask you where do you plan going, and give you directions and recommendations. The place is all very clean, and although it takes what feels like a long walk from the station, it's easily found. But apparently if they don't know you're a foreigner, they'll charge you less. Bring a Japanese friend along~

Thank you for staying with us again. I don't understand what you mean. It is definitely same price without a doubt . You might have some misunderstanding because some people had already paid deposit or had paid with their coupon. It's not judged by nationality for sure. I hope to see you again. ORIE

Homely hostel with very friendly service. Would definitely recommend! Only downside way that it's a little hard to find :)

I loved our stay at 1166 backpackers! It's such a cosy, comfortable environment! Staff were absoleutly wonderful and so incredibly helpful! They were socute and provided snacks and hung out with us! Beds were really comfy and free breakfast was great! I am staying here again if I come to Nagano, and would recommend it to everyone!

The hostel is very clean, there is a good atmosphere and even a nice breakfast. Also the owner gave me lots of recommendations about the things to do in Nagano and looked for information about bus and train timetables to other cities nearby for me. Very helpful!

I had a really nice time at 1166 backpackers, the place is really cozy - i especially love the big wooden table in the lounge, and the japanese style sliding doors and that narrow staircase. It has a lot of character. Also, thank you Iimuro-san and K-san, the both of you made my stay very happy!