1166 Backpackers Reviews

1048 Nishimachi, Nagano, Japan

Super nice hostel, very helpful staff. Our stay in Nagano was made very pleasant, and we had an amazing time just chatting in the common area. Very stylish place as well.

This place was fine to stay in, but it doesn't deserve its high rating. It's nice and clean, it's near to Zenkoji and the staff are nice people. But it's very basic. There is only one shower for everyone to share, and one sit down toilet. The toilet is just off the common room, so it feels pretty awkward going for a morning dump when other guests are having breakfast. I paid the same price for Nui. in Tokyo, which blows this out of the water seeing as its a minor town and comparing facilities.

1166 = your family name

staff knew nearby area very well

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Excellent common area. Overall a lovely little place. I would definitely stay there again.

Amazing stay and when I left one of the staff (I think his name was k) was so helpful, have me the best hand made drawn map with instructions for my next journey! Lovely room and large bed for hostel too

• 30th Jan 2014

Felt like home! Great location next to Zenkoji Temple, and a great jumping off point for all attractions in and around Nagano. Beautiful, quirky hostel. Highly recommend!

A small and homely Japanese run hostel. Very helpful and friendly staff and a great place to meet a few other travellers, while not feeling like you're surrounded by hundreds of backpackers. Good base for heading out to see the snow monkeys from.

I had a really nice stay here. The guys took very good care of me ensuring I had good suggestions for places to eat and how to get to the tourist spots. I tried to teach them to juggle! Thankyou!

Thanks guys so much for my stay! It was very nice of you to leave me a piece of paper on my luggage telling me what places in Sapporo are good.. Thanks for taking the time to talk.

Great place in a really neat renovated old building.The staff was awesome, and Nagano as a city is fantastic.The hostel was right next to the zenkoji temple, and a short walk from the local train station. Even the JR station was only a twenty minute walk.

I cant agree with the others who rated this 100%: There is only one shower and only two toilets for the hostel. The common room is quite okay and provides a friendy, layed back atmosphere. Location is far from train station but very close to the main attraction (Zenkoji). Staff was friendy and helpuf. Mind that the hostel is closed in the early afternoon.

Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback, too. We are sorry for the shower room. As you know we are small hostel which can accommodate maximum 14 people and Japanese love onsen and public bath which are only 5min away from our hostel. So usually one shower can work well. And hostel is not closed in the early afternoon if guests are staying hostel. We don't have lock out time as we provide code & we can arrange for the travelers each time. Thank you again for stay