1166 Backpackers Reviews

1048 Nishimachi, Nagano, Japan

Made me feel like home :) Great people! Thanks for the nice time!

• 28th Oct 2015

Our stay was amazing especially thanks to the wonderful staff! Both girls were very helpful and super kind and nice to us!! We can definitely recommend this place :)

Very helpful and friendly staff. Super cute backpackers with comfy bunk beds. Wish we could have stayed longer.

The staff here are awesome! Very hospitable and friendly! They helped me figure out the bus schedules and routes for my time in the alps, and gave great suggestions on places to eat and what to see in Nagano. The hostel is located very close to Zenkoji and within walking distance of the station, although there is a bus that drops off nearby if you don't feel like carrying all your stuff uphill. Other travelers here were also friendly and cool. I would definitely stay here again!

The women who work here are extremely kind and helpful! I really enjoyed staying at this hostel, even for just one night. Great facilities, great staff, and excellent location.

This was a very nice hostel. The owners are very, very nice, hung out with the other travelers, and gave us great recommendations around the city. We also had a potluck style breakfast which was very fun to meet and socialize with them, some locals, and other travelers. Slight downsides - the bathroom facilities are a little small and it is a little far from the station - but if you're like me and prefer cozy, homey hostels in non-touristy areas this was perfect!

15 min walk or 6 min bus ride (every bus from stop no1, 150yen), very close to the temple! Ako (staff member, sorry if spelled wrong) was the nicest person I've met in my whole life!! New guests get a frozen peach snack and a glass of tea, there's also free tea and coffee.. The room was very nice, it had a big wardrobe to store luggage and enough power plugs for everybody which is a big plus! There's a big folder with lots of info for day trips etc. which was really helpful for me! Great place!

What a great place to stay and the highlight of my trip so far. I'm in love with this place and the staff, they were so friendly, it made me want to stay forever. Very clean and well taken care of. Yes, they don't have an air conditioner, but the evenings cool down nicely for a pleasant sleeping. 1166 Backpackers gives a traditional feel that makes the stay worth it. I can't wait to come back in the winter.

Great place with a traditional feel to it. The only complaint I have is the hot dormitory room which made it impossible to sleep at night (more fans would have been nice). BUT the kind receptionist was nice enough to give me the common area fan after 11pm!

Friendly staff and decent location at a good price- but the big issue was the lack of air conditioning which made or stay in the middle of July very uncomfortable