1166 Backpackers Reviews

1048 Nishimachi, Nagano, Japan

A lovely warm, welcoming and friendly atmosphere. Thanks for a great stay!

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Wales

Staying at 1166 Backpackers was one of my favorite experiences during my three week trip to Japan. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful beyond belief. They had great advice on things to do in the area and during the evenings we all just hung around talking and they helped me practice my japanese. The hostel itself was comfortable and is very well located with just a short walk to pretty much everything.

I had a very enjoyable stay at 1166 Backpackers. The staff is super nice, always keen to help you sort out your days out with recommendations or good tips. The hostel is very well located with the temple being basically just next door, and Nagano station being very easy to reach too. It is clean, comfortable, and I wouldn't have minded staying longer. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone willing to visit the Nagano prefecture.

This place is wonderful. The staff are very kind and hospitable, and the hostel has everything you need and is really nicely designed. There is a great free breakfast too. The best hostel in Japan!

Made me feel like home :) Great people! Thanks for the nice time!

• 28th Oct 2015

Our stay was amazing especially thanks to the wonderful staff! Both girls were very helpful and super kind and nice to us!! We can definitely recommend this place :)

Very helpful and friendly staff. Super cute backpackers with comfy bunk beds. Wish we could have stayed longer.

The staff here are awesome! Very hospitable and friendly! They helped me figure out the bus schedules and routes for my time in the alps, and gave great suggestions on places to eat and what to see in Nagano. The hostel is located very close to Zenkoji and within walking distance of the station, although there is a bus that drops off nearby if you don't feel like carrying all your stuff uphill. Other travelers here were also friendly and cool. I would definitely stay here again!

The women who work here are extremely kind and helpful! I really enjoyed staying at this hostel, even for just one night. Great facilities, great staff, and excellent location.

This was a very nice hostel. The owners are very, very nice, hung out with the other travelers, and gave us great recommendations around the city. We also had a potluck style breakfast which was very fun to meet and socialize with them, some locals, and other travelers. Slight downsides - the bathroom facilities are a little small and it is a little far from the station - but if you're like me and prefer cozy, homey hostels in non-touristy areas this was perfect!

15 min walk or 6 min bus ride (every bus from stop no1, 150yen), very close to the temple! Ako (staff member, sorry if spelled wrong) was the nicest person I've met in my whole life!! New guests get a frozen peach snack and a glass of tea, there's also free tea and coffee.. The room was very nice, it had a big wardrobe to store luggage and enough power plugs for everybody which is a big plus! There's a big folder with lots of info for day trips etc. which was really helpful for me! Great place!