1166 Backpackers Reviews

1048 Nishimachi, Nagano, Japan

15 min walk or 6 min bus ride (every bus from stop no1, 150yen), very close to the temple! Ako (staff member, sorry if spelled wrong) was the nicest person I've met in my whole life!! New guests get a frozen peach snack and a glass of tea, there's also free tea and coffee.. The room was very nice, it had a big wardrobe to store luggage and enough power plugs for everybody which is a big plus! There's a big folder with lots of info for day trips etc. which was really helpful for me! Great place!

What a great place to stay and the highlight of my trip so far. I'm in love with this place and the staff, they were so friendly, it made me want to stay forever. Very clean and well taken care of. Yes, they don't have an air conditioner, but the evenings cool down nicely for a pleasant sleeping. 1166 Backpackers gives a traditional feel that makes the stay worth it. I can't wait to come back in the winter.

Great place with a traditional feel to it. The only complaint I have is the hot dormitory room which made it impossible to sleep at night (more fans would have been nice). BUT the kind receptionist was nice enough to give me the common area fan after 11pm!

Friendly staff and decent location at a good price- but the big issue was the lack of air conditioning which made or stay in the middle of July very uncomfortable

This hostel is in a great location, has a nice communal room and the staff are very helpful and friendly.

The lady boss is a pretty woman in her 30s, speak fluent English, heartwarming and located just at the sweet spot of Nagano

Good location and very easy to get to. Very clean too. Needed more bathroom facilities but was good to have a kitchen.

The hostel is amazing, it has a traditional vibe, it is secure, well located, very clean, and the staffs are very helpful with all the requirements that you could have. I really recommend this place to stay in Nagano.