11th Avenue Hotel & Hostel

7.0
Very Good 597 Total Reviews

31st Aug 2017
5.1

there seem to really live quite a couple of poor or homeless people who dont make this hotel feel really safe. my room and bathroom were dirty. there was rubbish under my bed. the common toilets were blocked very often. streetlight in front of my window but the blinds covering only half of the height of the window so not really dark in the night in my room and noisy music club in the same building or adjacent. impossible to sleep this way. a very bad experience.

25th Aug 2017

Great place to stay. Can walk to most tourist locations, including Denver Art Museum Complex, State Capital, Free City Shuttle and local connection buses to other outlying areas. Easy to get to from either Bus Station or Union Sq. Easy shuttle from DIA to Dwntown for only $9.00. 5 blocks to most restuarants and bars in area. Near nightclubs, all swinging on Friday/Saturday/Sunday nites. (So, don't plan to sleep those nights before about 3 AM). Will definitely return during fall or winter.

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
21st Aug 2017
3.1

The place was dirty, the locks were in bad shape and the environment felt unsafe. There were very little toilets and showers.

• USA, Male, 25-30
20th Aug 2017
2.0

This is a bad hostel, no one should even try it out at all. I could not make it to the hostel as I had to cancel my trip after which I tried the hostel line but no one picked my call throughout the moment I tried it. They later charged my card for $30.36 which was a transaction I never authorized. Please do not try this hostel, they are a scam!

• tillyaus
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
20th Aug 2017
4.3

Wasn't a good experience. Staff were not friendly. The manager was absolutely useless and argued with us about giving us our key deposit back. We had cold showers for a week! Wasn't pleasant at all. I'll never go back and I do not recommend.

15th Aug 2017
4.9

Nice staff.. mattress are terrible, shower is horrible, rooms extremely HOT! Location is good.

• Canada, Female, 41+
10th Aug 2017

Lovely staff. My room was clean and it was nice to have the option to book a single room with ensuite. I'd love it if you could get the internet working. I could only connect very early in the morning for a few minutes and the same in the evening. The front of the hostel where my room was is on a noisy street just in case you are a light sleeper. I enjoyed my stay and would stay again. Thank you.

• USA, Female, 25-30
7th Aug 2017
4.3

The staff was nice but the hostel was not. There was a thick lining of dust on the radiator. It had a dormitory feel to it which felt kind of dark. I did not want to spend any more time there than I needed. Not really the best environment to meet new people which is basically the main point of a hostel for me. The staff was very nice it just would have been a better experience if it the room was actually cleaned.

20th Jul 2017
8.0

The hostel is convenient to everything: good (as well as medium- and low-priced) restaurants, the art museum, capitol, public library, 16th Street Mall, excellent bus connections, etc. If you can overlook the vagrants, who are everywhere downtown, it's possible to say Denver has at last turned into the hip city it always aspired to be.

17th Jul 2017

They could have warned us about early morning construction on property beforehand . Room was hot.

×