11th Avenue Hotel & Hostel

7.3
Very Good 585 Total Reviews

15th Aug 2017
4.9

Nice staff.. mattress are terrible, shower is horrible, rooms extremely HOT! Location is good.

• Canada, Female, 41+
10th Aug 2017

Lovely staff. My room was clean and it was nice to have the option to book a single room with ensuite. I'd love it if you could get the internet working. I could only connect very early in the morning for a few minutes and the same in the evening. The front of the hostel where my room was is on a noisy street just in case you are a light sleeper. I enjoyed my stay and would stay again. Thank you.

• USA, Female, 25-30
7th Aug 2017
4.3

The staff was nice but the hostel was not. There was a thick lining of dust on the radiator. It had a dormitory feel to it which felt kind of dark. I did not want to spend any more time there than I needed. Not really the best environment to meet new people which is basically the main point of a hostel for me. The staff was very nice it just would have been a better experience if it the room was actually cleaned.

20th Jul 2017
8.0

The hostel is convenient to everything: good (as well as medium- and low-priced) restaurants, the art museum, capitol, public library, 16th Street Mall, excellent bus connections, etc. If you can overlook the vagrants, who are everywhere downtown, it's possible to say Denver has at last turned into the hip city it always aspired to be.

17th Jul 2017

They could have warned us about early morning construction on property beforehand . Room was hot.

• kanishktripathi
  • India, Male, 25-30
8th Jul 2017
4.6

They had my reservation for wrong date when I arrived (12 July instead of 8 July 2017). Had to wait for 90 min at the reception after the check in time to get a room. As an alternate, they gave me a different room which had a single bunk bed. But that room had a little smell and it didn't look at all like the rooms shown in the pictures here. The plugin points in the room were not at a convenient place either.

• South Korea, Male, 25-30
3rd Jul 2017
6.9

Location is good when it comes to going to downtown and union square, however this location is quite noisy. They open the window the whole time because they do not have an air conditioner. Actually i could not sleep well during the stay in this hostel. Except this aspect, not bad hostel for a few days stay.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
1st Jul 2017
3.1

The staff was incredibly rude as soon as we walked in the door, and charged me for a towel, which I never received after asking multiple times. There was no air conditioning, and no bedding provided. The shower flooded, and the lighting in the batheroom was terrible. Overall poor experience!

• USA, All Female Group, 41+
27th Jun 2017
7.7

This was my first time staying in a hostel. Traveled with my teen daughter The room was ok. Bed was somewhat comfortable. Not my Stearns and Foster but we managed. We had a sink in our room with a place to hang items. There was no ac but the room had a ceiling fan and there was a additional mini fan we placed in the window at night to cool off the room. The area was a bit sketchy but we ok. Used common sense. Shower and toilet areas were clean. Clean and on budget.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
24th Jun 2017

Other than a booking miscommunication which was resolved as best the staff could without a manager working, our stay was great. It was clean and pretty well-located - we were within walking distance of many things, including the free 16th Ave Mall bus, also easy to grab a Lyft. No AC, but a window and a fan was enough. We didn't hang out there, but it was a good place to sleep, and was a better location than the other hostel downtown. Would stay again!