11th Hour Cinema Hostel & Apartments Reviews

11 Magyar utca, 5th district, floor 1, door 13, Budapest, Hungary

Top hostel, kitchen is well equipped, they have great facilities and offer a lot off free things, rooms are spacious and no bunk beds in mine..cinema is a great addition and the staff are really helpful...will definitely stay again....

Good location, friendly and helpful staff, good prices. No complaints.

Perfect !

The Hostel itself was great. Common areas were excellent for meeting people and the rooms were very spacious and secure. My only problem was the staff seemed bored, uninterested and came across as a little rude.

It's all a bit run down in the dorm I had. It was the basement with stairs overhead so it was really loud and you had to step down to go to the toilet. There's no kitchen in there, just a sink and jug. Other firms may have been better. The main kitchen and hang out area is nice and spacious. They also have a new movie projector so we were able to watch movies. I was there 4 nights and our bathroom wasn't cleaned once. I had to tell reception that we'd run out of toilet paper.

Someone else in my room could open my locker with their locker key. I told the staff at the desk and they did seem legitimately concerned so hopefully this gets fixed. The hostel seemed to always be noisy, not party noisy or anything, but just constant noises coming from the other rooms/stairway/halls. Kitchen was great, rooms were big (with heaps of storage!) and warm, bathroom was clean. Staff were friendly and helpful, nothing was too much to ask. Great (and very cheap) hostel!

I really liked this hostel. The staff were good especially EJ! She was sweet. Helped me out with ideas and suggestions. The projector was broken while I was there but it was a good atmosphere and nice big common room.. Location was amazing as well. good facilities and especially for the price! This place was recommended by a friend and I would recommend it to anyone also!

I really enjoyed my time here! It's in a really good location, the staff are friendly and helpful, it's clean and comfortable, the kitchen is handy, and being able to use the projector to watch endless movies is really nice too. There was a good atmosphere even though it was low season. I've already stayed twice and would definitely come back again!

We (gf and I) had an apartment style room. We really lucked out being that there were two beds in the room and one was a double bed. We had the whole room to ourselves, and it even had a couch and table. The apartment style was shared with another group, so we shared the bathroom and small kitchen. Fridge in the room was really convenient. The metro is right around the corner which made getting around really easy. Most sights/ruin bars are also within walking distance.

It's a cozy hostel with very nice staff. EJ is so nice that she will help you as much as she can. Tell u where to go where to eat and if you're lucky enough she'll take you to some secret side of Budapest. I had a great time there!

Awesome hostel, even more so because of the price! Each dorm is its own little self contained apartment (kitchen, bathroom with bathtub, separate toilet, separate sleeping area) within a very cool building that also has a larger communal kitchen and common area. Wonderful and helpful staff, free printing of travel documents, free towels (without a deposit), laundry available... We couldn't have had a better stay.

Fantastic location, within easy walking distance to all the main attractions and sites and only two metro stops from the Keleti train station. The facilities were among the best I've seen at a hostel, with large rooms and ensuite bathrooms. However there was a lot of confusion with reservations. I saw three separate people get kicked out of their rooms because the beds had accidentally been double-booked, another person was placed on a couch and not a bed, and record of my payment was lost.

Great value for the money, I'd definitely come back on my next visit to Budapest. Free wifi, free coffee, free tea, great kitchen. big common room, comfortable dorm with single beds.

Great hostel for such a great price! I loved the big movie Lounge and they had so many great movies to choose from! Would definitely recommend staying there :)

Was ok for a few nights. The heating regulator was locked in a box and it became really annoying to ask every day the staff to fix/raise it. At some point the only time i was ok was under a blanket. Tbe overall is nice but this is the kind of hostel that u pay for what u get. I found it weird that a taiwanese could advice me way better than the hungarian girls working there. It is laking of cleaning in the bathroom.

Despite the well equipped kitchen and location, the rest of the stuff in this hostel are breaking down and need a serious upgrade (such as the toilets, beds, showers, etc.). The projector in the cinema room didn't work 10 days without anyone doing anything about it.There is a general feeling the staff are being cheap with you, since they don't put the heater on or turn it off mostly even when it's freezing and people repeatedly ask them to put it

If you're after a cheap hostel in a great location and you aren't too worried about all the extras and fancy bits then you'll love the 11th hour. Easy walk to the action, the single beds are fine, it is a very relaxed and friendly environment and you will love the building it is set up in. As someone who is traveling cheap and using hostels as base and to make a couple of friends along the way this way perfect for me. Would definitely return.

The hostel was ok... Location was really good, made very easy to go anywhere, was next to markets, change of money.. Kitchen was good. We only have problems with the bathroom... shower was not good and also make all the floor wet, so it was a little messy. We asked twice to turn on the heater, but never happened. Security was good and staff were really nice :)

Best hostel I've been in. some rooms are a bit old, but well maintained and cleaned - all in all very comfy. great facilities - laptop, cinema room, wifi, great kitchen, fresh coffee and documents printing. People were very nice (staff and guests), and public space was great. Last day, I surprisingly found my stuff moved to another room because a family has rented my room, which made me quite angry, but I would be misleading you if I wouldn't give this hostel an excellent review after all.

Fantastic location in the centre, close to famous sites, major travel connections and with loads of bars and restaurants around. We stayed in a private double room, sharing bathroom and kitchen area with another (noisy!) 4-person room. Our stove didn't work so we had to go downstairs to cook. The building is old and facilities are a little dated, but the communal kitchen/area is cosy and warm. Staff were mostly friendly and helpful - especially with our many requests for extra blankets etc. :)