1322 Backpackers International Reviews

1322 Arcadia Street, Hatfield, PO Box 36709, Menlopark 0102, Pretoria, South Africa

Very helpful and friendly staff, felt like home!

Staff very friendly and exceptionally helpful, no request too difficult, its in a safe area near gautrain station, with nice areas to relax in including a garden and breakfast is included Highly recommended

Exellent location in a quite neighbour of Pretoria. Supermarket, pubs and restaurants on 20 minutes of walk, as the Gautrain station to Pretoria Center. Wide choise of rooms, the best around the kitchen area, in my opinion. Free wifi, well working. Very well equipped kitchen, beautiful garden and swimmingpool. I stayed in the four female dorm, well equipped but a bit dark and cold (in April). That's the only downside.

Great place, very friendly and helpful staff and just a short walk from the gautrain station.

It's my third time in this hostel and I like it.

Excellent hostel! We had a great stay. The rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. The kitchen was well equipped and clean, too. Since the 1322 is situated in Hatfield we felt very safe there.

Great individual, clean rooms. Avoid the overcrowded , smelly big dorrn, though it is kept clean by staff. Very hospitable owners.

Very friendly and helpful staff!

Very friendly people. Very cosy

• 9th Dec 2012

1322 is an excellent hostel. A good location within short walking distance to Hatfield's restaurants and shops. A pleasant atmosphere and complete facilities. Very professional and pleasant staff and owners. I think this is one of the best hostels I've stayed in over a period of almost 50 years.

I would definitively recommend this place if you're staying in Pretoria.

The best place, the best people, the best atmosphere. It is home away from home.

Great hostel, very friendly staff. Double ensuite room very comfortable!

Tim was VERY helpful with helping me make travel arrangements, including detailed directions. He is very friendly and helpful. Location is a 15 min walk to the Hatfield Plaza/Square. Different options for private rooms, but I found most of them had no windows and were very small, so decided to pay more for a little bungalow, which was fine (had heat unit). Kitchen and bathroom were fairly clean, and bar/pool area was nice to hang around. Overall, I had a pleasant stay and would recommend it!

Thanks Ellen, you were welcome to the help and you are of course VERY welcome to return :) Not sure about these rooms without windows though, all our rooms have a window!! :) Keep well and good luck sorting out the visa issues, Tim

This is our third time staying at 1322 Backpackers, Tim and Monique are always welcoming and we love sitting outside round the campfire chatting to the other guests. The onsite bar is great, and the kitchen is well equipped, clean and big enough for everyone wanting to cook!

I greatly enjoyed my time at 1322. The atmosphere was great and the other guests were extremely friendly and interesting. I enjoyed going into Hatfield with them, or just talking while enjoying a few drinks at the bar. Tim, Monique, and Yselle could not have been more helpful and friendly. The price was great too.

Tim very friendly, Monique very UNfriendly. If you're not a people person suggest you get someone else to run the front desk. Not my problem how busy you are - I can only rate you based on my perceptions and experience.

It may not be your problem Rob but, most people are a little reasonable and many are even sympathetic and take into account "circumstances", which I did relay to you. Considering Moni had been working 16 hours straight when you arrived, I find it extremely shallow and pompous for someone who arrives at 7.30pm and leaves early the next morning to write such things about someone else for the world to see. At no time was Monique rude or unhelpful, just maybe not particularly smiley etc which, given the circumstances is, in my most humble opinion, understandable and certainly does not merit a 1 rating overall for staff, a tad harsh me thinks! :) There are only the two of us here, mostly for security reasons - our 10 most recent ratings for staff have been seven 5s and three 4s. Then there is you, here for half-a-day, I think that says it all. Rob, thank you for making me laugh too - there were 29 other guests here that night - you are the only one who stayed only one night, a third of them are still here, so maybe the "fun" issue is one that needs self-examining? You don't exactly come across as "Mr Fun" Rob I have to say! :)

Had a great time there. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. It has a beautiful garden and pool and the location is very close to Hatfield square. So you can stay in and relax in the garden, or be very close to the party central of Pretoria. All in all, it was a great visit.

All WHAT I WANT TO SAY IS THANCKS A LOT FOR HELPING TO REACH Kruger Park

Cosy courtyard and wonderfull staff. Also very helpfull. Only ten minutes walk from Hatfield centre. The Potjekos was wunderfull. Frans and Marian

« first « Prev 1 2 3