1770 Beachside Backpacker Reviews

12 Captain Cook Drive, Agnes Water - Town of 1770, Australia

I really enjoyed my stay! Recommending the 17$ surf lessons, Scooter Roo tour and the Roo run which is organised by the hoste!

Nice hostel, friendly staff, quiet and comfortable. A nice place to stay in Airlie Beach. Helped us out by storing our luggage before we'd even checked in so we could go to Whitsundays. The drawers in the kitchen do need cleaning a bit more thoroughly though. A few ants were around.

Great hostel, a short walk to the beach and centre to Agnes Water. Good clean kitchen and social area. Would stay again :)

• 10th Jul 2014

Nice staff, very friendly.

I made a booking for 3 and live at 3 share room but they charge me for the 3rd person when we check out, it's feels very bad because they didn't tell me about this and ask me pay for it when I leave.

• 15th May 2014
  • Taiwan

The shower in our room was one of the best I've had since I've been away. The staff were pretty good too. The two guys that picked us up took our bags from us as soon as we got off the bus and then one of them carries the three of our bags up to our room at the same time.

Nice Hostel and nice Staff. Good price for a clean and comfortable stay!

• 9th May 2014

Its a nice place to stay! Close to beach!

A bit far away from town. Also, the residents didn't seem that nice

I loved this hostel! Our driver carried our luggage to our room and showed us around, and the wifi actually worked. Close to the Beach, close to town, Nice daily cleaning with actual floorsweeping and bathroom-cleaning. Each room had their own bathroom, enjoyed that. Didn't Like the kitchen, it was pretty much just outside with bugs. But the free breakfast was awesome! Be sure to do the 3 hour surf-course for 17$ while there. Really recommend this place!

Staff were really friendly and made our stay enjoyable

Room smelt damp, bed was noisy and uncomfy, springs poking out. Kitchen was dirty and as it was outside it was full of bugs. Bar no longer open, the place seems run-down. I know places never look as good as the photos but the photos on here are deceiving. Only good thing was the staff who organised a trip to this lovely kangaroo sanctuary.

A friendly enough hostel, clean and tidy a relaxed atmosphere.

• 5th Mar 2014