1770 Beachside Backpacker Reviews

12 Captain Cook Drive, Agnes Water - Town of 1770, Australia

Staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful. Free toast was nice too :) a nice place to stop over for a night or two

The staff was very very fiendly!! Lovely guys! But the kitchen is too small and so so dirty!! The free breakfast was okay! The rooms are big but the mattresses are terrible!! Good wifi in the near of the reception but no wifi in the rooms. It is very close to the beach!! But after two days you don't know what to do in this part of Agnes Water.

• 7th May 2015

The staff really made this hostel! Could not have been more helpful. Everyone was really friendly, quiet, relaxed atmosphere. The hostel was well maintained & clean but would benefit from an update.

Helpful friendly staff, awesome atmosphere, great place to stay if you're going surfing. Kitchen was a bit untidy, beds need new mattresses and showers were a bit unreliable, but the good vibe and all the other good aspects made up for most of that. :)

Free WiFi works well but this was a very boring hostel in a very boring town when I visited on a Sunday night. Nothing to do in the evening, I went over to Cool Bananas to meet friends, it had way more people but still a dry atmosphere. I guess it's a fine place for a relaxing stopover. Couldn't use laundry facilities in the morning because the staff needed them.

Not a clean hostel, would not reccomend staying.

It was a perfect place to chill and do nothing. The staff was very friendly especially til and chris. They organized awesome tours to feed kangaroos and see the sunset in 1770 . Also there was free bread and free wifi. The atmosphere was great.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

Such a fun stay, amazing people, nice place, had the best time! Wednesday night everyone goes out for cheap yummy food and drinks. Clean, comfortable, good facilities, nice atmosphere, highly reccomend!

The walls in the dorm were dirty. Lack of security although can ask for a safe. 2 minutes walk to the beach and main shops.

was barely there since we only stayed for one night. Free wifi which had pretty good connection, didn't try the free brekkie since we left to early in the morning, but it was highly appreciated that the shuttle bus operated early as 6am. Our room smelled badly of goon, and it wasn't very clean. But still a good hostel for a night or two.

No front doors = open for anyone 24/7. One washer broken, but no sign so I loaded it and wasted my wash powder. When approaching the pretty rude staff, I was told it was "obvious" since the light on the machine wasn't on.. All my clothes were spread out during the night (mostly into the rain), and someone stole $100 worth of my UNDERWEAR. Almost all security boxes out of order. Kitchen doesn't even have salt. Dirt in every corner. No soap in en-suites. Haven't met anyone who likes this place.

I did not like the place at all! Everything was dirty. The aircondition in my room was broken -for days as other travelers told me. The night was terrible, water was running down inside the wall. The reception was unfriendly and didn't manage to book my surf lessons. Another backpaker saw how they add water to the milk they offer for free. The breakfast was just cheap toast/jam. Everything was dirty. I didn't wanna spend another night so i left earlier! The only good thing- i got my money back!

Nice hostel, I liked the outdoor kitchen. Common room was cozy. Staff was all German and really rude. Manager is really nice. Location is good, close to the beach and 10 minutes walk to the supermarket. Kangaroo sanctuary and Scooteroo were amazing!

Free and good aircondition, The room was big with enough space for the luggage,

View all Agnes Water - Town of 1770 Hostels