1770 Beachside Backpacker Reviews

12 Captain Cook Drive, Agnes Water - Town of 1770, Australia

No front doors = open for anyone 24/7. One washer broken, but no sign so I loaded it and wasted my wash powder. When approaching the pretty rude staff, I was told it was "obvious" since the light on the machine wasn't on.. All my clothes were spread out during the night (mostly into the rain), and someone stole $100 worth of my UNDERWEAR. Almost all security boxes out of order. Kitchen doesn't even have salt. Dirt in every corner. No soap in en-suites. Haven't met anyone who likes this place.

Nice hostel, I liked the outdoor kitchen. Common room was cozy. Staff was all German and really rude. Manager is really nice. Location is good, close to the beach and 10 minutes walk to the supermarket. Kangaroo sanctuary and Scooteroo were amazing!

Free and good aircondition, The room was big with enough space for the luggage,

Stayed in a 4 bed dorm and had the worst night sleep ever!! The air conditioner switches off after midnight. Was hot and uncomfortable all night.

Really nice people, rooms are clean. Free pool table and breakfast which makes it really nice. Only thing not really good is the location because its a 10min walk to all shops which can be alot in the heat.

• 16th Nov 2014

Hostel was fairly clean and quiet, staff mostly friendly and helpful (especially the guy who picked us up from the bus station and helped us carry our bags). Pros: ample socialising space meant that people didn't bring their friends and their noise to the rooms, I had a peaceful nights sleep on both nights. Cons: wifi is free but couldn't connect on my phone or laptop (tried so many times!) - would rather pay a few $ for good wifi. No lids on outdoor kitchen bins = lots of flies.

Had really fun time there with the staff (fellow backpackers as well) and other guests. Free bread all day long and some other stuff during breakfast time. Loved the outdoor kitchen! Short distsnce to the beach (way there little hidden though) and shop isn't too far away either. My dorm bed was little uncomfortable but so what. Would definitely stay there again!

Very expensive for a double room so went into a 4 bed which was very roomy & clean. Staff were brilliant, very friendly & sociable. They were also very helpful when booking trips/needing info. Brilliant lay out, free pool table, close to beach, as much free bread as your heart desires! If travelling with premier coach, this hostel organised pick up/drop off & let us hang around until 2am saving us a nights fee - really helpful. Would definitely recommend staying here.

Not a good stay here, hostel run-down, not very clean, lack of storage in the kitchen, free breakfast consisted of milk and bread, lower bunks have barely any headroom, staff nice enough but didn't seem very positive about the place. When I stayed there was a school group staying, and I'm talking about primary age kids

First night I was staying in a 4 dorm, but I was the only one. That was a lovely suprise! This hostel has a open kitchen, there are a lots of flies every where!! This was really disgusting. From hostel to supermarket is about 10 min. That is okay. Last two nights there where a lot of children screaming and running. The hostel let a group of school kids in for 4 nights. It was like a camp or something. Didn't get any peaces.

I've never seen so much free bread (and different types!) In a hostel as much as here! :) The staff and owner are very nice and helpfull, 5 min walk from the beach which is good, free WiFi and breakfast are goodgood, free pool table was cool. The TV didn't work very wellwell when we were trying to watch movies, but besides from that everything was good.

I really enjoyed my stay! Recommending the 17$ surf lessons, Scooter Roo tour and the Roo run which is organised by the hoste!

Nice hostel, friendly staff, quiet and comfortable. A nice place to stay in Airlie Beach. Helped us out by storing our luggage before we'd even checked in so we could go to Whitsundays. The drawers in the kitchen do need cleaning a bit more thoroughly though. A few ants were around.

Great hostel, a short walk to the beach and centre to Agnes Water. Good clean kitchen and social area. Would stay again :)

• 10th Jul 2014