1770 Southern Cross Backpackers Reviews

2694 Round Hill Rd, QLD 4677, Agnes Water - Town of 1770, Australia

Very clean hostel but I'm curious as to why the owner has employed such rude and dysfunctional staff? In the case of this hostel some of your staff members should just be seen and not heard. Rude, aggressive, half - whited (Why else would I need to know the location of an ATM?) and completely unhelpful. It could also be a good idea to put someone on reception who doesn't whistle at you to get your attention. Worth staying here but beware the staff.

I think you can turn the volume down of the music from the bar. We stayed in a 2B-room and it was music even there all the time. Concentrate the music to the bar. The kitchen need another sink for the dish. Also more pots and pans are needed.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

A very nice place. I stayed in a double room and it was fantastic.

• 29th Mar 2014

I had a lovely stay at Southern Cross Backpackers. The area around the hostel is huge and there's a lot to do (which is necessary because the town is quite small). I loved living in a bungalow, especially I liked the idea of giving them names of different countries. The kitchen is a little small for that many people and it could be better organized. And I missed laundry facilities, but except of this I really enjoyed my stay!

The hostel is trying to have a hippy/reggae atmosphere but as soon as you walk in you are told a list of rules. They didn't even keep my reservation with hostelworld correctly. There's more staff than vacationers in the hostel and they are more worried to serve their interests than the one of their customers. It's very far away from city center (which consists of two strip malls) and they have a shuttle bus running only every two hours and they treat you like if it's a favor.

View all Agnes Water - Town of 1770 Hostels