1900 Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Garcilazo de la Vega 1588, Lima, Peru

Claudia was very helpful with booking our Huacachina & Machu Picchu trips! Sabashton greeted us at the door when we arrived at 3 am and was helpful in getting us settled in. Marianna fulfilled any inquires we had and was willing to help us whenever she was in. And lastly, there was Julian who gave us great places to go and eat or site see. I'd definitely go there again if I'm in Lima!

• 20th Aug 2014

Nice hostel with a fun bar area.

Cold, smell like mold and a cheap breakfast is served.

This is a fantastic hostel in downtown Lima. The staff do everything possible ensure safety and to provide an amazing experience for travelers.

• 11th Aug 2014

Great party room with karaoke, nice rooms with lockers so i felt like my stuff was safe. Pretty convenient location close to the city center.

I had a good time at Hostal 1900 and would definitely recommend it for those who want to be near the city center in Lima and meet new people. Staff were helpful and very courteous. However, the kitchen is really poor, lacks utensils and it's not cleaned often. The Hostal is noisy because of its location and although the girl from the agency inside the Hostal was very helpful, the agency is very overpriced and they do not share publicly what is free to do in Lima.

A beautiful building for a hostel. THe location is out of the main area but there is a bus that goes there, however the area around it is very busy. The staff is friendly. The breakfast only starts at 8, which is annoying if you want to start early, or need to leave early.

Amazing location, nice hostel.

It was a great little spot with an even better location (especially for fiestas patrias). My only concern was a little bit with the staff. Though welcoming at first, I was a little off put by the treatment I got when I came back after hours with my friend. Both my friend and I are from the states, but he is Mexican and I am white. When I came in solo, I was greeted really nicely and let in without any questions. He came in a bit after and was treated poorly, as if he were trying to break in.

Short 15min walk from the historical center, right next to the art museum, but some distance from the miraflores area. Well functioning hot showers, which is a big plus for me :) Would recommend to stay here

Having travelled so many countries, I would say this hostel is the bottom of my experience. I have even better hostel experience in India. The staff on duty at night was rude. He gave us a room where the furniture looks like it could break anytime and older than my grandma. Noises from the hallway kept us up whole night. The location is not anywhere you would want to walk after dark, even with a companion. The whole branding of being in an old building and the pictures is way overrated. (-1)

1900 Backpackers Hostel had a fun vibe with a good common area and good security. It is not in the BEST neighborhood but is a relatively short walk to one of two main plazas... our room was cold and in a center hallway so was quite noisy and bright... the whole hostel is open-aired which makes it cold at night... but the blankets were sufficient. Common bathrooms were not bad, pretty standard and had toilet seats (sounds weird.. but a plus in Peru!) The airport pickup service forgot about us..

Nice location in Central Lima, airport transfer was late coming to take us to our flight which was stressful. Water was rarely hot because staff forgot to replace the gas, sheets were dirty. Breakfast is bread and jam. However, hostel does have good security, lockers for charging electronics, and a very helpful travel agent. Hostel has kitchen but fridge could use some cleaning out... overall, not the best hostel but for the price is was okay.

Not my type of Hostel for sure... wifi is weak to say the least. Overall though not bad I just won´t be staying there or recommending to other travellers.

About half an hours walk to the plaza de armas. Staff were very helpful in booking taxis and suggesting attractions to go and see. I was upgraded to a smaller dorm room for free :)

It was a realy great time at the 1900 Backpacker¨s hostel, the people there are very nice and relaxed and helpful! Thank you for having a great time, we would like to come back. I really can recommand this to you guys! It is in Downtown Lima, there is a big supermarket 5 min to go and museums, about 15 min to Minaflores by taxi. Breakfast is very simple, accommodation is clean, rooms with heigh ceiling.

• 14th Jul 2014

Overall a nice stay! We did wish that there were more activities offered by the hostel that we can participate in and meet other people throughout the hostel!

Really noisy and uncomfortable. Didn't enjoy my stay at all and didn't feel good there. Definitely not a nice hostel, but it is cheap and good location to reach downtown. So if you don't care where you stay, that's place for you. My room smells like old building or mildew, not nice to sleep there, got headache. Staff was also kind of rude.

Very nice hostel in very central lima. Not the chepest but on a very high standard. And has a nice and reasonably priced bar with occasional live music.

• 3rd Jul 2014

The converted mansion was a really cool place to stay. The area directly near the hostel was safe, even at night, but if you want to go anywhere after dark, I would take a taxi. Adam and Jeff were amazing, and they should definitely hire Dre as full time DJ.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4