1900 Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Garcilazo de la Vega 1588, Lima, Peru

Not really happy with my stay. Bedrooms are without fans and next to extremely loudly busy street so forget good sleep. Staff is mostly unhelpful. I asked for different blanket, as I am allergic to feathers and I was promised one but got nothing. When I met the girl who promised the change she told me laughing with a bottle, that she is off duty now. One WiFi is poor and password for the other one doesn't work and no-one cares. No WiFi in the rooms. One night we were also without water.

I onlystayed one night but this was possibly the most beautiful hostel I´ve ever stayed in - the building is amazing. No complaints.

This hostel was great! Nice place and many friendly travelers. The only questionable thing was the lack of food availability. Aside from that it was an amazing experience and I would highly recommend.

Nice place in Lima if you want to see the Historic Center.. Floor is not very clean so be careful with your backpack. Bathrooms are ok, but I've seen better in hostels. Staff is helpful and English- speaking. And the building itself has an interesting architeture. And very comfortable beds if you need a good sleep - that's what I liked the most after a night in a bus!

Wel enjoyed staying here, great place to mix with other people. We liked the hostel decor.

Pretty sweet

I loved loved this place. Moses at the bar was awesome. It was my favorite part of my Peru trip.

• 20th Mar 2015

Staff werent great to us when we stayed. Check in was fine but when asked about a restaurant close by we were ignored initially while they talked to a friend and then could only recommend the place directly next door as they had no knowledge of other restaurants. When a different receptionist was asked how to get to the supermarket we were told and when we tried to confirm the directions she looked as us like we were idiots and just waved her had dismissively. Showers have no place to change.

Very beautiful building. Not particularly friendly. Private room was dingy and a bit noisy as near the bar, but nice enough an good private bathroom with excellent hot shower

• 13th Mar 2015

great bar staff, great old building although the location is apparently not the greatest (according to staff).hostel is close to museums and shops but not night life we stayed in the hostel bar while here as we were advised there isn't much near by and we were enjoying ourselves.

A great building, comfortable rooms. Wifi can be abit temperamental. Breakfast is bread rolls, jam and juice with tea or coffee. Great location close to the parks.

Amazing hostel. Can only recommend this one. Have been in countless hostels but have never rated that high.

Felt really comfortable, very friendly atmosphere and perfect for meeting other people if you're a lone traveller. You can book excursions etc through the reception, which was staffed pretty late (or maybe all night?) Staff were always happy to extend your stay or help you book transport. The room was clean, secure and comfortable. My only hitch was a particularly noisy guest in the next room, but this is no fault of the hotel's, and I am a light sleeper. Thanks guys! I'll recommend.

• 24th Feb 2015

The main receptionist is incredibly rude, and the place has no atmosphere. Other than that it's a great hostel.

If you're interested in the Historic Centre of Lima I'd highly reccomend this joint.

The included breakfast was a bonus until it was time to add some butter to the bread rolls. From then it became an epic struggle to open the seal on the complimentary butter. Throughout our three days stay, we managed to peel the seal cleanly open a measley one time. The other times the foil ripped like wet toilet paper, leaving the foil looking like a backgammon gaming board.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

beautiful building, nice sitting room and bar. helpful staff and 24h reception. sadly on a very noisy main road but I would return here. Central Lima isn´t the best part of town though - it´s good for sights but not much happening at night. you will probably end up moving to Miraflores. but its good to start a stay in Lima here.

It was very nice hostel, They not clean the room every day. The bathroom is fine Very basic breakfast

The most beautiful hostel I've been to, located in a house abandoned by a rich family. Great looking inside of the hostel makes it a perfect location for a higher class hotel.

Good overall place for a good value. Close to many bus companies but far from center and miraflores. Breakfast is a bit skimpy. The rooms are small but clean and suprisingly quiet. Storage lockers for charging electronics is brilliant. Free secure luggage storage. Couple of things could be improved:towel rental or borrow, staff is pushy about check out time (we were reminded twice, then someone came to check the room 30 min before-we got it the first time!) internet only works in common areas

• 23rd Jan 2015