1900 Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Garcilazo de la Vega 1588, Lima, Peru

Nice location in Central Lima, airport transfer was late coming to take us to our flight which was stressful. Water was rarely hot because staff forgot to replace the gas, sheets were dirty. Breakfast is bread and jam. However, hostel does have good security, lockers for charging electronics, and a very helpful travel agent. Hostel has kitchen but fridge could use some cleaning out... overall, not the best hostel but for the price is was okay.

About half an hours walk to the plaza de armas. Staff were very helpful in booking taxis and suggesting attractions to go and see. I was upgraded to a smaller dorm room for free :)

Overall a nice stay! We did wish that there were more activities offered by the hostel that we can participate in and meet other people throughout the hostel!

Really noisy and uncomfortable. Didn't enjoy my stay at all and didn't feel good there. Definitely not a nice hostel, but it is cheap and good location to reach downtown. So if you don't care where you stay, that's place for you. My room smells like old building or mildew, not nice to sleep there, got headache. Staff was also kind of rude.

Very nice hostel in very central lima. Not the chepest but on a very high standard. And has a nice and reasonably priced bar with occasional live music.

• 3rd Jul 2014

The converted mansion was a really cool place to stay. The area directly near the hostel was safe, even at night, but if you want to go anywhere after dark, I would take a taxi. Adam and Jeff were amazing, and they should definitely hire Dre as full time DJ.

I traveled through Lima Peru with a friend and we absolutely loved the hostel!!!!! The staff was super friendly, the facilities were always clean, the atmosphere was friendly and inviting, and communication was on point. They even have a taxi service from the airport straight to the hostel. I highly recommend enjoying your stay here. Central location!

Great place to stay! right in the middle of Lima, you can walk to most of the touristy sights, or just walk around Lima and really get a feel for the city. This Hostel is literally across the street from the Museo de Arte de Lima, which is a fantastic contemporary art museum, and about 15 minutes away from Parque De Reserva, which is definitely worth visiting after dark. tons of LED enhance water fountains!

There is a lot of trafic around the hostel and in the rooms are no windows (no glass, just wood), so it is very loud. A better breakfast would be nice.

I was in Room 7B. The bed in my room was very comfortable. Sometimes the WIFI didn't work very well but at least there were desktop computers that were available most of the time. The bathrooms were always clean. The staff was helpful and I have to say that Greg was outstanding! He was very friendly and always helpful.

Nice staff, very comfy beds, it is a bit far from the main square but close to everything you need (banks, shops, restaurants etc.)

The security at the front door was great and our double room had a working lock. The staff were competent but not exactly friendly. Breakfast was included and consisted of bread, jam, coffee, and tea. They had eggs and sandwiches available for a reasonable price, but get down there early because supplies ran out fast. The hostel is located in historic downtown, and we easily walked to the main plaza. We also appreciated the taxi service to the airport- our driver was on time and friendly.

Best hostel in south america by far!!! Especially the staff is superb! Louis, Maria, Maria en Stephanie are awesome!!!

• 14th Jun 2014

Great,lively place,good area,everything is near.

The hostel was fantastic. There was always someone on staff and they were super helpful in telling us where to go in Lima. I really loved the hostels location but my two travel companions were hoping for something like Miraflores for our surroundings.

Nice hostel in downtown Lima. The area around the hostel is rather sketch at night and hectic during the day. However, it is walking distance to many of the cities historic sites. I had a good time here and would definitely stay again, but the hostel could use some improvements.

Just incredibly noisy ! The street is noisy but the hostel add some noise from his bar. Music always too loud ! Please guys, quite. Then add some Landry facilities. The ones you are indicated if you ask are in a creepy dangerous street !

Overall this hostel was not great. Located in a super noisy area of Lima, not very clean and pretty loud at all times. I would suggest looking at other places before booking this one :(

• 29th May 2014

I only stayed at 1900 Backpackers hostel one night on my way through Lima. I was looking for a place to crash. While the staff were very friendly the hostel was very noisy late into the evening. The activities from the upstairs lounge could be heard throughout the hostel the and street noise carried into the rooms.

Only stayed one night and it was fine, bar downstairs and roads around were pretty noisy but bed was comfy and had no problems. Airport pickup and dropoff was a blessing.

« first « Prev 1 2 3