1900 Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Garcilazo de la Vega 1588, Lima, Peru

The main issue with our stay was the lack of water. When we arrived there was no water, it got fixed later that afternoon but it only amounted to a trickle coming out of the faucets. There was never any hot water which I was okay with but it is unacceptable and unhygienic to stay at a place without water and have the staff so unapologetic about it. The location was good if you wanted to be located in the center of the city but we would definitely never stay at this hostel again.

• 27th Jun 2015

Nice hostel despite rocky arrival and no running water, turned out to be not hostels fault. Great people, great place, nice rooms, lockers, nice bar with pool table, great drinks and happy hour.

• 26th Jun 2015

There was an issue with toilets while we stayed there bit we understood it was being resolved. It would have been good to have a drier /paper towels in the bathroom. Issues with shower water going between freezing -boiling hot. Other than thathat, we really enjoyed our stay, loved the bar and the singer and the barbecue on the roof. The staff were fantastically friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed the walking tour of Miraflores. We would stay there again :-)

Staff was great and helpful. Breakfast was included but omelettes were available for cheap as well. Bar was awesome. Location is very near to the historic center of Lima. Rooms and building were absolutely beautiful!

Kitchen is terrible and has a lack of utensils

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Nice hostel in the center of Lima. We were told the location at night could be a little dodgy, but I think it was just fine. Hostel was pretty cool looking and had a nice bar and hang out area. Staff was minimal, but helpful. Also a very quiet hostel. We passed through for a night and had a great time! I'd highly recommend it.

Great place close to city center. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Minor suggestions: --The community dinners are a great idea, but everyone is forced to sit at small tables, or even stand, so they aren't a great chance to meet people over dinner. Folding tables? --There is machinery that "pulses" on and off all day and night, which I can hear from my room . Perhaps you can add a little paneling to confine the sound. --Don't forget to help visitors use new fast electric bus to Miraflores.

Only stayed at 1900 for a night but had a very good experience, the staff communicated well with me from the moment I booked and set up a cheap taxi service from the airport. Good atmosphere and met a lot of great people, would definitely recommend.

• 14th Jun 2015

There is a beautiful soul there named Carmen from Louisiana working on the staff for the next few months. When she saw me she immediately offered me a bowl of the delicious Panamanian lentils she had just made. And they were delicious! She's got the most generous heart and asks for nothing in return. Because of her I had a fantastic experience. She told me that people should get at least 12 hugs a day--something about releasing oxytocin. So if you see her, make sure to give her a big hug!

• 4th Jun 2015

place was just my quick stop, before heading to Colombia. place is spacious and the only thing I found annoying, were the bed sheets. they were to small. sounds ridiculous, but I'm not going to sleep on the mattress part, where everyone else has

Really great vibe here v friendly and helpful staff and the bar adds a nice atmosphere and the Pisco Spurs are the best we have has so far!!

• 28th May 2015

I absolutely love this hostel!!!!!! The pasta nights are always fun but nothing compared to the barbecues on the roof top!! The staff is so helpful and courteous , they make me feel like I am home .. It's also a great meeting place for fellow travellers and nomads .. So book this hostel and grab a drink at my favourite spot of the hostel ( the bar ) I definitely recommend this 1900 Backpackers!!!!!

• 27th May 2015

My boyfriend and I loved the building, but found the hostel depressing as there was no atmosphere. We were also disappointed with the breakfast, as it was only a bread bun, butter, strawberry jam with tea/coffee.

The hostel is in a beautiful colonial building and that is about as good as it gets. There are no hot showers and the water comes down in a trickle. The staff also don't seem to be very knowledgeable or don't want to help.

Really well located hostel, friendly staff- try not to stay in one of the dorms off of the reception area as they are very loud both with traffic, bar, toilet and communal area noise. The area felt safe and for anything in the historical district you are pretty close, and there are some cheap eats very close!

We had a great stay, even though it was short. We took an overnight bus and arrived very early, and we were able to check in right away. We were also able to book our bus tickets there, and staff were very helpful.

Everything was great except they don't have credit card as payment option and put my family in a hurry to get the cash.

• 11th May 2015
  • Costa Rica

Big hostel, normally not my favorites, but this one is quite nice. The bar is a good opportunity to meet other travelers, but might also give you a little less sleep. Very handy is the fact they have a travel agency in house. Overall I really liked this hostel.

The staff were very accommodating and helpful- they would really go above and beyond. Francisco, who was the receptionist when I was there even helped me booked my flight to Cuzco by calling the customer service of the flight because I had issues with the online payment of the airline. The bartender gave me his own healthy nuts since the kitchen was close and I was looking for some snacks. It was sweet. The place was clean and I love the colonial architecture of the place.

I recomend the hostel. Positive aspects: near the central bus station, so you can go anywhere in the town easily; comfortable beds; nice crew; tour infos inside the hostel, where you can also book tours; reception open 24/7. Negative points: no wifi in bedrooms; no keys in bedrooms doors; no protein (eggs, cheese, ham, etc) in breakfast.

« first « Prev 1 2 3