1900 Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Garcilazo de la Vega 1588, Lima, Peru

Staff was not very inviting upon arrival and if it wasn't for us inquiring they probably wouldn't have been motivated to provide information. Also a bit disconcerting that the chalkboard stated "looking for volunteers to staff hostel front desk" from a security standpoint though we never felt unsafe. Private room was extremely small and did not provide value for the money as compared to other Lima Hostels. Great location to explore downtown Lima's historic sights.

I loved this place. Lots of other travelers with great common space, so it's easy to meet people. It's located right near central Lima and a bus ride from miraflores. There's a travel agent right in the hostel so it's easy to book buses and excursions. The Wi-Fi didn't work in the bedroom but I like that because it forces people into the common areas so it's more social. I recommend it!

Good: - really good showers once they warmed up - free pool - cheap booze from 6-7pm and 10-11pm Bad: - absolutely no vibes whatsoever, place was pretty mellow

Hello, the vibes are mostly depending on the nights we have and organize. We do have life events going on, ut unfortunately this can't be organized every single night. We are sorry you missed one of those busy and fun nights.

This is your standard hostel complete with loud bar, euro dance music, and thin walls. Housed in a beautiful building, the hostel is nonetheless a 30+ minute walk from Lima's colonial square and several miles from Miraflores and Barranco. The poor location and loud atmosphere aside, its pillows are atrocious; sleeping comfortably will be a challenge here. But for those looking for the traditional lively, grimy hostel with a bar, this place is for you.

Hello, we are sorry for the experience you had. We indeed had some issues with some pillows but changed those now.

The main issue with our stay was the lack of water. When we arrived there was no water, it got fixed later that afternoon but it only amounted to a trickle coming out of the faucets. There was never any hot water which I was okay with but it is unacceptable and unhygienic to stay at a place without water and have the staff so unapologetic about it. The location was good if you wanted to be located in the center of the city but we would definitely never stay at this hostel again.

• 27th Jun 2015

Hello and sorry for the inconvenience but we do not have that problem anymore. The city broke a main pipe that serves The Historic Center and water supply was restricted for a couple of weeks. We sincerely apologies about that. Anyway, that problem is already solved and we have cold and hot water 24/7. Thanks for your understanding.

Overall a great staff and atmosphere with decent clean facilities in a really cool colonial building - however, there was no water when we stayed. I think I would have enjoyed staying here a lot more if everything was running normally.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Nice hostel despite rocky arrival and no running water, turned out to be not hostels fault. Great people, great place, nice rooms, lockers, nice bar with pool table, great drinks and happy hour.

• 26th Jun 2015

Good beds, good location. But the showers and toilets didnt work when we where there:/

There was an issue with toilets while we stayed there bit we understood it was being resolved. It would have been good to have a drier /paper towels in the bathroom. Issues with shower water going between freezing -boiling hot. Other than thathat, we really enjoyed our stay, loved the bar and the singer and the barbecue on the roof. The staff were fantastically friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed the walking tour of Miraflores. We would stay there again :-)

Staff was great and helpful. Breakfast was included but omelettes were available for cheap as well. Bar was awesome. Location is very near to the historic center of Lima. Rooms and building were absolutely beautiful!

Kitchen is terrible and has a lack of utensils

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Hello, we changed several things in our kitchen now. We also did add some utensils that were missing.

Nice hostel in the center of Lima. We were told the location at night could be a little dodgy, but I think it was just fine. Hostel was pretty cool looking and had a nice bar and hang out area. Staff was minimal, but helpful. Also a very quiet hostel. We passed through for a night and had a great time! I'd highly recommend it.

Great place close to city center. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Minor suggestions: --The community dinners are a great idea, but everyone is forced to sit at small tables, or even stand, so they aren't a great chance to meet people over dinner. Folding tables? --There is machinery that "pulses" on and off all day and night, which I can hear from my room . Perhaps you can add a little paneling to confine the sound. --Don't forget to help visitors use new fast electric bus to Miraflores.

Only stayed at 1900 for a night but had a very good experience, the staff communicated well with me from the moment I booked and set up a cheap taxi service from the airport. Good atmosphere and met a lot of great people, would definitely recommend.

• 14th Jun 2015

There is a beautiful soul there named Carmen from Louisiana working on the staff for the next few months. When she saw me she immediately offered me a bowl of the delicious Panamanian lentils she had just made. And they were delicious! She's got the most generous heart and asks for nothing in return. Because of her I had a fantastic experience. She told me that people should get at least 12 hugs a day--something about releasing oxytocin. So if you see her, make sure to give her a big hug!

• 4th Jun 2015

place was just my quick stop, before heading to Colombia. place is spacious and the only thing I found annoying, were the bed sheets. they were to small. sounds ridiculous, but I'm not going to sleep on the mattress part, where everyone else has

Hello, we are sorry for your experience. We made sure that all the bed sheets are the correct size in order that this will not happen again.

Really great vibe here v friendly and helpful staff and the bar adds a nice atmosphere and the Pisco Spurs are the best we have has so far!!

• 28th May 2015

I absolutely love this hostel!!!!!! The pasta nights are always fun but nothing compared to the barbecues on the roof top!! The staff is so helpful and courteous , they make me feel like I am home .. It's also a great meeting place for fellow travellers and nomads .. So book this hostel and grab a drink at my favourite spot of the hostel ( the bar ) I definitely recommend this 1900 Backpackers!!!!!

• 27th May 2015

My boyfriend and I loved the building, but found the hostel depressing as there was no atmosphere. We were also disappointed with the breakfast, as it was only a bread bun, butter, strawberry jam with tea/coffee.

Hello, we did improve our atmosphere by having different events at night.

The hostel is in a beautiful colonial building and that is about as good as it gets. There are no hot showers and the water comes down in a trickle. The staff also don't seem to be very knowledgeable or don't want to help.

« first « Prev 1 2 3