1900 Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Garcilazo de la Vega 1588, Lima, Peru

Enjoyed my stay a lot! Had a single room which was perfect for my needs. Volunteer staff is fun, some of regular paid staff bad English. Bathrooms were under construction, so not enough available showers/toilets, busy and smelly.

Neat hostel in a cool old building. Staff were helpful and rooms were clean. Great place to stay if stopping in Lima a day or two.

Humid. Horrible and expensive for what it really is.

I'm not sure how this place rates all the "raves" because it's very dirty and run down. We found the staff to be very friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. The linens and bedding were clean, mattresses relatively new and comfortable but that's the end of the good. No hot water most of the time we were there. The room had not been mopped corner to corner maybe since it was originally built. Female restrooms were out of order most of the time. Staff lives there and is very noisy.

Terrible wifi, most if not all guests I spoke to weren't even able to send a photo which can kill your travel blog if you have one. Great space and the most amazing ceviche I've ever had. I'd recommend if you don't need wifi :)

Hello, thank you for your omment indeed. We actually have some issues with the internet due to the operator. It is the operator in general that has issues here in Lima. We hope to fix this very soon. Best regards

Beautiful old building right across the street from the MILA. Comfy beds and clean bathrooms. The lounge area is great to relax in. Staff is helpful and knowledgeable about the area.

Great location. The staffs are good. The room one has a lot of mosquitoes. Do not take it :)

Great location, lovely staff, clean comfy beds. The free walking tour was great, as was the ceviche cooking lesson

Don't use the atm as it ate my card but top class for the staff as they helped me getting back.

This hostel is in a central location . Security was pretty good . Several different options to store valuables. Internet is available in the lobby area . Also there's a cool bar / hang out Area inside the hostel . Walking distance to some great sights , shopping , landmarks & food , as well as a supermarket . Front desk was helpful . Other employees see nice & there's a travel agency in the lobby

I only stayed here one night in transit to Cusco but i would recommend it. The hostel organized for a taxi to pick me up and drop me off at the airport and all facilities seemed reasonable. Staff were very pleasant

The building is old and the rooms are dirty and dusty. My dorm room for 6 people only had 2 power sockets at very inconvenient places. Hot water in the showers run out very quickly (within 2-3 minutes). Breakfast is included but offers little choice - bread, tea, coffee and milk. Wifi does NOT work in the rooms - only in the communal areas and the lights are off by 12pm.

Hello, Thank you for your comment. It is indeed an old building with monumental value that we renovated some years ago. In addition, our breakfast also offers fresh juices made by our staff every day. As we also mention to all our guests, the Wifi indeed does not work in the rooms, only in the communal areas.

Great place to stay if you want to explore this part of Lima. Very fun staff, great walking tour, and pisco sour!

This hostel has a great atmosphere where travelers are encouraged to get to know each other and enjoy their time in Lima! The free walking tour is great. Our guide, Cristian, gave a great tour which ended with Pisco sours at the hostel bar. Overall, my friend and I really enjoyed our stay here and wish we could have stayed more than one night!

• 3rd Dec 2015

Beautiful old colonial building with big rooms and a nice atmosphere. Good location, next to a few nice parks and in walking distance to the historic centre. Nice staff, offering many activities like a free city tour or free cooking lessons. Standard breakfast (rolls with butter/jam, juice). Unfortunately the internet was quite slow.

Great hostel and a great deal. Really loved everything about this place from location to hostel layout to great staff and exceptional vibes.

1900 provides excellent hospitality and makes you feel home.We stayed 3 nights and didn't want to leave the place =) It's in a perfect location with an amazing building in historical centre of Lima.The staff is extra friendly and very professional at the same time.The room was so clean and the bed was very comfortable.Btw I think they have the best bar in Lima.Overall I highly reccomend this hostel in Lima.Thank you so much for all 1900 =)

It is my second time in this place and everytime i arrive i feel like home. The location is just perfect you can get involved with the city activities immidiadely. You wouldn't miss anything. There are also good food prepared by the lovely chef in the evenings and of course it is peruvian and soooo deicious! Including the free wlaking tour activities everything was thought and considered for the guest!

Staff was very friendly but the atmosphere at the hostel is rather cold. no vibes at all.

nice building, ok Internet / wifi, small and under stocked self preparation kitchen, communal boy / girls showers, comfy beds, standard breakfast, nice and helpful staff, good security, need your own padlock, water went off a few times Really cheap Harry krishna restaurant a few doors up (on your right coming out of the door) Amazing jugglers practice in the park over the road and up to the left towards the shopping centre by the fountain in the evening