1900 Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Garcilazo de la Vega 1588, Lima, Peru

The hostel was good, the stuff really friendly and helpful. Toilets and shower were ok and clean. The whole hostel was cleaned well. Only thing is that our room had no windows. Would stay there again if in Lima.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Claudia was very helpful with booking our Huacachina & Machu Picchu trips! Sabashton greeted us at the door when we arrived at 3 am and was helpful in getting us settled in. Marianna fulfilled any inquires we had and was willing to help us whenever she was in. And lastly, there was Julian who gave us great places to go and eat or site see. I'd definitely go there again if I'm in Lima!

It wasn't bad just not average. Not overly impressive

A really great hostel, very helpful staff, and a lively atmosphere. Also a good location, only about a 10-15 minute walk to the center of the city.

Nice hostel with a fun bar area.

Cold, smell like mold and a cheap breakfast is served.

Nice place in an historic building across from the Lima museum of art and close by to a bunch of central Lima food, attractions, etc. Light breakfast included in room fee and cool bar area with pool table and music videos playing. Friendly enough staff though they're a bit rough til you get to know them. I've already returned once for an additional stay and will likely be back again the next time I'm in Lima.

This is a fantastic hostel in downtown Lima. The staff do everything possible ensure safety and to provide an amazing experience for travelers.

• 11th Aug 2014

Great staff- nice bar....the communal spaces were very clean. The bathrooms were also very, very clean. Nice showers- good hot water.

Great party room with karaoke, nice rooms with lockers so i felt like my stuff was safe. Pretty convenient location close to the city center.

Great place to meet people, drink, play pool, and sleep. Very affordable and helpful staff. I got a ride from airport that made life easier. Very loud since it's on a main road, but it's loud in Lima in general. Lots of horn beeping. I wish I booked in Miraflores or Barranco districts because that's where I hung out most. $15 soles cab ride down to those districts.

I had a good time at Hostal 1900 and would definitely recommend it for those who want to be near the city center in Lima and meet new people. Staff were helpful and very courteous. However, the kitchen is really poor, lacks utensils and it's not cleaned often. The Hostal is noisy because of its location and although the girl from the agency inside the Hostal was very helpful, the agency is very overpriced and they do not share publicly what is free to do in Lima.

A beautiful building for a hostel. THe location is out of the main area but there is a bus that goes there, however the area around it is very busy. The staff is friendly. The breakfast only starts at 8, which is annoying if you want to start early, or need to leave early.

Amazing hostal, best one i've stayed in in South-America. Great atmosphere, you meet people so easy here. Good staff, clean rooms, no complains. It does get a bit chilly at night in the courtyard, the firewood is usually lacking. Good breakfast.

Amazing location, nice hostel.

It was a great little spot with an even better location (especially for fiestas patrias). My only concern was a little bit with the staff. Though welcoming at first, I was a little off put by the treatment I got when I came back after hours with my friend. Both my friend and I are from the states, but he is Mexican and I am white. When I came in solo, I was greeted really nicely and let in without any questions. He came in a bit after and was treated poorly, as if he were trying to break in.

Short 15min walk from the historical center, right next to the art museum, but some distance from the miraflores area. Well functioning hot showers, which is a big plus for me :) Would recommend to stay here

Having travelled so many countries, I would say this hostel is the bottom of my experience. I have even better hostel experience in India. The staff on duty at night was rude. He gave us a room where the furniture looks like it could break anytime and older than my grandma. Noises from the hallway kept us up whole night. The location is not anywhere you would want to walk after dark, even with a companion. The whole branding of being in an old building and the pictures is way overrated. (-1)

1900 Backpackers Hostel had a fun vibe with a good common area and good security. It is not in the BEST neighborhood but is a relatively short walk to one of two main plazas... our room was cold and in a center hallway so was quite noisy and bright... the whole hostel is open-aired which makes it cold at night... but the blankets were sufficient. Common bathrooms were not bad, pretty standard and had toilet seats (sounds weird.. but a plus in Peru!) The airport pickup service forgot about us..

Nice location in Central Lima, airport transfer was late coming to take us to our flight which was stressful. Water was rarely hot because staff forgot to replace the gas, sheets were dirty. Breakfast is bread and jam. However, hostel does have good security, lockers for charging electronics, and a very helpful travel agent. Hostel has kitchen but fridge could use some cleaning out... overall, not the best hostel but for the price is was okay.