1900 Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Garcilazo de la Vega 1588, Lima, Peru

Really enjoyed my stay here. It was the first place I came when I arrived in Peru. Great welcoming atmosphere in an awesome location. Harou the bartender and Michelle at reception are awesome and I highly recommend the free walking tour. Cristian the guide is super knowledgable and I got to see a lot of el centro that I most likely wouldn't have in my short amount of time. Also in an interesting building. Definitely recommend.

• 27th Nov 2015

Beautiful building, great location, and friendly staffs.

Tempermental showers but hey thats south america for you - this place is huge and youll meet alot of people if you go on the walking tour and hang around the pool table - lima doesn't have the most to offer but this place is close to the fountains the museums and art galleries.

Good hostel located in an old colonial building, a great option if you don't want to stay in Miraflores. Walkable to the fountain show, Plaza de Armas, Iglesia de San Francisco etc. Easy to meet people, bar & common area. Wifi is very poor however, & only "works" in the reception/common area & bar - maybe in your dorm if you get the one right by reception.

Very nice hostel with friendly stuff. Must do the down town walking tour that the hostel provides, the guide was very knowledgable and interesting. Hostel is also close to metro, so easy access to neighbor towns.

• 16th Nov 2015

Really loved it here! Such a beautiful building and really good value for money though the breakfast is very very average

The house itself is really beautiful, the staff offers a lot of activities and most of the interesting sights are within walking distance. But because the hostel is so central it is always loud, also at night. The free breakfast is okay, nothing special. And the area in general is supposed to be not that safe. The Bathrooms are okay as well, not that clean and it can happen that there are days where water is not available at all for hours.

This is a really funky hostel, loved the decor and old house feel. We didn't meet many people but the bar has a super good vibe in the evenings, with happy hour and people playing pool etc. Clean, comfortable enough and a decent breakfast

I am really satisfied about this hostel. I had never give a hostel the highest score, but this one earns it!

This hostel is not the place to be if you want a good night's rest. They are a party hostel, and you will be up all hours of the night. The first night of staying in this place, I came out, and talked to the person in charge at the time, who said if I checked out then, I would not have to pay for all the nights I originally booked. He WAS WRONG. Their outlet also burned up my fan, with an adapter. I was charged 3 out of 4 nights and I only stayed one night. What a RIP OFF. DO NOT STAY HERE!!

The old Spanish building gives you a feeling of the city's past

Beautiful hostel, easy to meet others and lots of fun activities. Hot water is always not enough for my shower. No laundry service and the travel agency quoted a ridiculous price of usd40 for pachacamac day tour. I don't recommend this hostel if all you want is a good night sleep because some people check in late at 1-2am, turn on the light and talk loudly.

It was ok. The staff could be more friendly.

Beautiful building, comfy beds. Bathrooms were so-so. The biggest problem was internet; it's only available in the reception area, outside the noisy bar. (There is a wide hallway with couches that would be ideal for a second router so people can make calls or browse the internet in peace! Please add!) The city centro isn't as tidy and party-central as Miraflores but it is worth it to stay here a few nights where you are walking distance to Lima's incredible architecture and worthwhile museums.

Great location for central of the city They offer a free walking guild tour which was great PS need to pay bill by Cash

• 4th Nov 2015

This place was one of the better hostels I've stayed at in a while. Everything was great about it. It's definitely worth staying here to see central Lima rather than being out in the Miraflores area.

Really nice, clean and friendly hostel. Comfortable beds and good showers.

The place is like a mansion. It's really nice. Too bad the receptionist refused to turn the light on at 4:45am because the Peru Hop was going to pick me up at 5:50 so I was in the lobby. He said lights can only be turned on at 5am. That's stupid! Also, he was sleeping and snoring since 4:30am I went to the lobby. This so called 24 hours receptionist.

Hello. We are sorry for what you experienced with the recepcionist that night. They know they should turn on the light when asked. We will talk to him and make sure this will not happen again. Thanks for your stay and your comment.

Staff is very helpful and knows everything about the City. The beds are very comfy! Its very clean and the showers are hot! Best Pisco-Sours I had on my trip through Peru- for reasonable prices. Its a great place to meet people.

Very good deal for money. People are friendly and helpful. They clean as often as they can. Only problem was the travel agency inside. If you wanna go to Paracas, don't use it. They are way too expensive compare to the tours that local agency offer.