1900 Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Garcilazo de la Vega 1588, Lima, Peru

Big hostel, normally not my favorites, but this one is quite nice. The bar is a good opportunity to meet other travelers, but might also give you a little less sleep. Very handy is the fact they have a travel agency in house. Overall I really liked this hostel.

The staff were very accommodating and helpful- they would really go above and beyond. Francisco, who was the receptionist when I was there even helped me booked my flight to Cuzco by calling the customer service of the flight because I had issues with the online payment of the airline. The bartender gave me his own healthy nuts since the kitchen was close and I was looking for some snacks. It was sweet. The place was clean and I love the colonial architecture of the place.

I recomend the hostel. Positive aspects: near the central bus station, so you can go anywhere in the town easily; comfortable beds; nice crew; tour infos inside the hostel, where you can also book tours; reception open 24/7. Negative points: no wifi in bedrooms; no keys in bedrooms doors; no protein (eggs, cheese, ham, etc) in breakfast.

Really liked this hostel! Beds are comfortable, the rooms are spacious, and the building is beautiful. The high ceilings and architecture makes it really pleasant and a unique experience. Our only complaint was the kitchen - it was pretty small and dirty, and wasn't well equipped. But the common area was comfortable and open, and the staff was great! Highly recommended.

Amazing hostel. The building itself is worth going. Very clean, location is excellent since there are few hostels in Lima that are in the historic center. People were friendly, staff was helpful, they organize free walking tours starting at the hostel. Drinks at the bar were affordable, there are computers available for guests. Overall, very cool.

Nice place to meet travellar. Greatb uilding, with space and lockers in dorms.

Not really happy with my stay. Bedrooms are without fans and next to extremely loudly busy street so forget good sleep. Staff is mostly unhelpful. I asked for different blanket, as I am allergic to feathers and I was promised one but got nothing. When I met the girl who promised the change she told me laughing with a bottle, that she is off duty now. One WiFi is poor and password for the other one doesn't work and no-one cares. No WiFi in the rooms. One night we were also without water.

I onlystayed one night but this was possibly the most beautiful hostel I´ve ever stayed in - the building is amazing. No complaints.

Except for the reception lady who wasn't the friendliest person I met, the rest of the staff was great. I really enjoyed the fact that the hostel was organizing free guided tours in the city. The guide was very knowledgeable and had a good sense of humour. In addition the building is gorgeous and makes you almost feel like you're staying in a fancy hotel! Breakfasts are basic but it's free so better than nothing ;-)

• 13th Apr 2015

This hostel was great! Nice place and many friendly travelers. The only questionable thing was the lack of food availability. Aside from that it was an amazing experience and I would highly recommend.

Nice place in Lima if you want to see the Historic Center.. Floor is not very clean so be careful with your backpack. Bathrooms are ok, but I've seen better in hostels. Staff is helpful and English- speaking. And the building itself has an interesting architeture. And very comfortable beds if you need a good sleep - that's what I liked the most after a night in a bus!

Wel enjoyed staying here, great place to mix with other people. We liked the hostel decor.

Pretty sweet

I loved loved this place. Moses at the bar was awesome. It was my favorite part of my Peru trip.

• 20th Mar 2015

Staff werent great to us when we stayed. Check in was fine but when asked about a restaurant close by we were ignored initially while they talked to a friend and then could only recommend the place directly next door as they had no knowledge of other restaurants. When a different receptionist was asked how to get to the supermarket we were told and when we tried to confirm the directions she looked as us like we were idiots and just waved her had dismissively. Showers have no place to change.

Very beautiful building. Not particularly friendly. Private room was dingy and a bit noisy as near the bar, but nice enough an good private bathroom with excellent hot shower

• 13th Mar 2015

great bar staff, great old building although the location is apparently not the greatest (according to staff).hostel is close to museums and shops but not night life we stayed in the hostel bar while here as we were advised there isn't much near by and we were enjoying ourselves.

A great building, comfortable rooms. Wifi can be abit temperamental. Breakfast is bread rolls, jam and juice with tea or coffee. Great location close to the parks.

1 2 3 Next » last »