1900 Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Garcilazo de la Vega 1588, Lima, Peru

Guys don t go to Miraflores or other ffancy neighbourhoods...I have been in 3 diferent hostels in Lima and you should definitely go to the center where you can see the real lima (I didn t feel it dangerous at all)!

Great hostel with awesome offers for backpackers! Learned to make my own Ceviche and saw Lima through the eyes of a local during the free walking tour! All English speaking staff, in-house travel agency and an ATM in a secure place. Definitely recommended! Ohh, and, delicious pisco sours! :)

hostel staff were helpful, however the bar staff were not as helpful. the happy hour is not quite a 2 for 1, you just get a slightly bigger glass! kitchen was small but adequate

nice hostel! just have musty smell a little in the room though. staff are very kind. speak english very well. good location. near bus terminal as civa, flores. and you walk to old city just 15 min. also take a cit bus to miraflores near the hostel.

Stayed here for 4 nights. This historic building is a great experience to stay at. The friendly staff was the cherry on top, they told us local bus schedules, how to book long distance buses, and info about different events in the city. Bathrooms were clean. No hot water but that is expected in Peru. I would recommend the free walking tour that they provide. Will be staying there on our way back through Lima. Travelled October 2015, as couple.

Welcoming staff, and very helpful, they take time to answer all the questions. The hostel is close from the center which is pleasant. The wifi is so so, and we didn't like the fact that we couldn't put our clothes and towels inside of the shower. The hostel in general is fine.

Fantastic service! There is a bar that teaches you to make your own Pisco Sour or Ceviche. The meal of the day is delicious too! The walking tour is a must! You will meet a great crowd of travellers. It has a nice atmosphere and decor.

• 1st Oct 2015

Stayed 1 night here to kick off our SA backpacking trip. The hostel was so kind to arrange pick up at the airport, such a HUGE relief to see my name on a sign after a long day of travel. We moved on to Miraflores after this but we enjoyed our brief stay here.

Good organisation, a lot of activities, very helpful and nice staff. Clean, safe and a good atmosphere. Breakfast is very basic with bread, jam and butter, juice, coffee and tea. Poor wi-fi, available only in common room. There was cold in all areas, especially in bathrooms. Good location.

Great Hostel, close to the downtown area. They are offering free walking tours, cooking lessons and the inclusive breakfast is also very good. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Thanks for the great stay guys! You were great ;)

such a great atmosphere located in the center of Lima. I Really love this place because you get even more than you expect in any aspect. It's a cheerful place with happy people around. for me the most remarkable thing about this place is definitely the cleannes. There is always activities going on And no time to get bored!

If you're planning a trip to Lima I'd highly recommend this hostel.We stayed for 2 nights and it far exceeded our expectations.The staff was fantastic.We thoroughly enjoyed the walking tour and also the cooking experience(were very impressed by the hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen).Our room was spacious and well equipped.We had fabulous meals and happy hour cocktails made our nights!The location is perfect as most of the sights are within walking distance.Thank you so much for everything!

The building was beautiful and I loved being so close to central Lima. The staff was really helpful and friendly and they booked much nicer taxis than other hostels I stayed in. The walking tour was great and I met the nicest people in my one night here. Highly recommended!

Stayed for 1 night - overall decent experience. Pros: nice building, friendly staff, atm downstairs, travel agency inhouse, location convenient, bar in the hostel, activities offered (cooking, walking tour). Cons: no wifi in the rooms, hot water runs out after 2min, driver late 2/3 times, breakfast Spartan (for a hostel), no heating

The staff is very welcoming, kind and helpful !! Thank you all for your service !! Excellent location, at the very heart of the crazy downtown of Lima! I could come and go very easily to every place. The bed was comfortable, but the room needs better windows, better door with a good lock, and the kitchen is very small and not very clean. The rest of the hostel is clean and good. I think you can improve a little bit the price in order to improve the facilities. You have a lot of potential there.

I had a really sweet room at the back (which I had requested). Showers were nice and hot but nowhere safe to out your towel/clothes inside the shower cubicle. And the dash to the bathroom during the night was a little cold!!! The free walking tour was good, and all the staff were really nice and helpful.

Great location near the historic old centre and plaza de armas. If you aren't stating in Miraflores than this hostel is a great alternative for those short on time and who want to see the history of Lima. Hostel is great and has large rooms and social areas. Clean and safe however was a little quiet when we were there.

The location is very good and the staff was nice and very helpful. Had some issues with my pick up from the airport but the hostel is not to blame. My main issue was not having a toilet in my room, which was fine but just for one night.

The staff went above and beyond!! They were so friendly and helpful!!

• 4th Sep 2015