1night 1980YEN Hotel Reviews

3-10-10. Sitaya, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

You pay for what you get and what you get is good. The chill area in the roof is very agreeable!

The convenience of 1980YEN Hotel is that it is one of the last places to become fully booked and it is also one of the cheapest places to stay. In terms of connectability to the transport network, it is about 10 minutes out of the way. The mattress is too thin, but the private locker is spacious and will fit the large baggage needs that some overseas travelers required. Not a party hostel. Ideal for the lone-wolf traveler or for someone looking for accommodation at short notice.

Shower for the 9tgh floor is on 8th - you have to use outside stairs.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Czech Republic

The Hostel is nice if you want to stay just for one night. For a longer stay you better look for an other location. There is no real lounge (apart from the rooftop) and the mattress is very thin.

Modern, clean Excellent rapport quality price

Decent value for money, nothing special but if you are on a budget it will do the job

Nice hostel to stay in tokyo,very cheap and good.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • India

At 1.80m I found the size of the regular capsules to be quite enough - I could reasonably sit or move around without hitting my head on the ceiling. The problem, though, was that the bed was incredibly hard - for anyone not used to Japanese futons, the lack a mattress will make it seem like you're sleeping on a hard floor. And if you're the skinny type, your body will be aching all over after the first night.

Cheapest place in Tokyo that I found which is perfect for a backpacker although the lack of a common room meant it was hard to talk to other people in a relaxed area. Mattresses were a bit thin so if you like a hard surface then it's perfect. A bit of a walk to any attractions but metro is 10 minutes away. Overall a decent place but not a true backpackers hostel

Capsules are a great concept if you want both a cheap place and some intimacy. Perfect place here

Although there are locked storage areas for personal use, you must relinquish your keys every time you go out - so if you're naturally distrustful or paranoid about the staff stealing your things while you're away, then avoid this hotel (Note: the staff are extremely friendly and unlikely to do this - however, it's a point worth noting). Facilities are nice. The staff do speak English. There's a communal, dorm-like atmosphere. There is a fridge, microwave, and vending machine on the first floor.

• 12th Jun 2015

Very peaceful and nice stay. Everything was clean, capsule confortable with more privacy than hostels. Nice little bath tub and a versatile check in present bag. The cute manga figure in hotel signs was fun.

Very cozy, clean and the most affordable hotel in Tokyo. The temperature in my capsule was nice until late morning. It got pretty warm around 9am when I was there in late May. The location isn't bad but there's not a lot around to visit short of a 20 min walk that I could see. There is no common room or kitchen. They do have an outside roof lounge but didn't see anyone up there when I went up a few times. I like to meet people so I moved to the Origami Khosan once they had an open bed.

Very tidy and clean place. Great if you wanna have someplace private. It's not a place for socialising, which may not be a bad thing.

You use a machine to purchase accommodation. Front desk staff does not show you around. Mostly Japanese salary men where using this establishment during my stay. No common room, no kitchen, you have to sign in to use the roof top. As a result, I stayed for one night and left. Something black on the bottom of my mattress. If you're just looking for the novelty of a capsule hotel you can find much better for around the same price. Hotel was located close to a subway station.

Location isn't ideal, not terrible, but I got pretty good sleep here. Plugs inside the capsules are nice. Lots of room for bags. Can do laundry in the hostel with coins. Rooftop area that I never got around to.

The hostel was too cold

Great storage space for bags. The upstairs patio is nice, but the unreliable WiFi made booking and emailing tricky. Otherwise it was good. Would recommend if you're just needing a few days in Tokyo, but it wasn't really an exciting hostel as far as social spaces or meeting people go.

Don't come too early because 3 o'clock is 3 o'clock for the receptionist. If you are there 5min before, he may let you wait by the entrance during 5min just to start checking-in only from exactly 3pm... Bathroom is really not convenient. There is not even hot water in the sink, only from the shower. If you're not lucky, your bed will be on the 8th floor where there is always someone going through. To get to the 9th floor and showers you have to go through the 8th one and disturb everybody here

I set in my capsule and went out. When I came back after one hour and a half, my capsule was brand new (sheets were changed and newly folded) and my charger and my transformer were missing. As it was 1 am, at the reception they told me no cleaning lady had been cleaning. Strange enough, my charger (or a similar one) was at the reception and I got it back while my transformer was lost. So I guess the guardian at the reception stole my transformer.