20 Dollar Backpackers Hostel Reviews

543 Rue Sherbooke East, Montreal, Canada

This place is awful. First off the address listed is not where you check in, this company lures you to a building where they also run a hotel, leading you to believe the hostel might be on to a similar standard. But, it is not. To call the place a hostel is an insult, an infested crackden would be more appropriate. That at least goes the building we were in. You enter it through the rear, which is never a good sign. This entrance stank and was not maintained in any way, and it only got worse.

I stayed at 20dollar backpackers before moving to Montreal central which was much nicer and only a few dollars more. The 20dollar backpackers was not very clean and the shower in our room was Brocken. It's cheap and in a good location but I am glad I moved to a hostel which felt much cleaner and safer.

To me this place was you get what you pay for, or maybe even a little less. Perhaps it was my arrival time, but when I got there the kitchen was a mess! The counter was covered in empty beer cans and there was a chicken bone in the sink, rotting. It stayed like this for 3 days until someone complained It really says something about the occupants that stayed there too, as they obviously assumed it was okay to leave the place like that The location to me was pretty good good, close to lots.