247 London Studios Reviews

47 Brondesbury Park, London, England

the room was a little dirty, especially the bedding. The room we stayed was located next to a train line which does not let me sleep well

The actual studio was in a different location than the one stated, it takes 15 mintues of walking to the closest underground station. The studio was small and crowded, had more furniture than it should. There was no soap and no trash bin! The entrance to the building was next to a row of trash bins - in our 5 days of stay, the bins were never emptied and smelled really bad.

The room was very dirty and smelly. The cutlery was dirty and there was fungus in the bathroom and poor ventilation! We were promised to get more glasses and bowls, because there weren't enough for all of us when we arrived, but the staff never came with anything! The water was undrinkable because of its discustingly sweet taste, so we had to buy some. When we arrived there was garbage and condoms outside our door and inside the floor was dirty and there was tampon paper in different places!!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

The room was dirty, the bathroom had mold. We didn't have towels when we arrived. There was no hot water for 3 days. The outside of the building was pitch black. There needs to be a light outside for security.

There was no immediate staff. If they were at all present, they were inattentive due to their lacking numbers. Cleanliness in the rooms was very poor, although good in the kitchen area. Great, friendly/social atmosphere though. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone traveling alone/looking for somewhere to stay before settling down in London.

It was a nice place.

• 1st Jul 2014

Good value for money studio apartment, which we were very happy with. However I would make it crystal clear about the actual accommodation arrangement; that you are taken to a different location nearby rather than the one stated. Also, the handing over of money could have been done more safely rather than in the street. Apart from that it was great.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We stayed at 47 Brondesbury road after being picked up by a very lovely member of staff who was pleasant and funny very helpful with directions. The apartment was a loft conversion with nice, modern facilities and a laundry room was out back. We were near a Sainsbury's and Willesden Green tube station which were within a 10 minute walk. Really impressed with the place, would recommend to anyone. Security is great, house was gated in great area.

• 27th Jun 2014

When we arrived the staff let us wait for an hour, before they decided to show up. After we placed a second, more pushing phone call to them, stating that it was not acceptable to leave paying guest waiting outside for an unknown period of time, they sent the lady of the marketing department to help us out. She was really nice and helpfull, but in origin from the service point of level, this was not a good start. he doors of the cabin could not lock very well. T

• 26th Jun 2014

It is recommended that the kitchen utensil to be fully equipped and the hostel staff should carried a check from time to time. During our stay, we found out the broken glasses and places. Overall, it is worth value to stay at the hostel and also the ease access to underground just about 5 minutes. If we would visit London in near future, We would not doubt to consider to stay at 247 London Studios again. Thank you. Regards Leow, Guat Poh Penang, Malaysia

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

I don't recommend this hostel if you want a good value for your money. Bad location, bad safe sensation. Pay a bit more and stay in the city center.

• 20th Jun 2014

The disappointment was huge .Stayed for a night and moved out the day after! Aside from the cleanliness there're not much more good things I can say. It wasn't an apartment like place, like they sell you on the website. It's 'something' way hidden on an alley behind a property, with kitchen like doors with translucent glass. You don't feel safe at all and there's no privacy as everyone that passes by will see what you do. I go in and find broken blinds, drawers, etc.Definitely no value for Money

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

It took and hour and a half to check in, the bathrooms were all pretty dirty (the bins were piled high and the showers were discoloured). Despite being in a 14 bed dorm on the top floor only a few small windows actually opened making it extremely stuff and warm in there. There was only one toilet for the entire dorm despite a massive bathroom. No all the equipment worked in the kitchen (i.e. some of the microwaves). This could've been a lovely house/hostel if time and money were put into it.

• 19th Jun 2014

We arrived at the address that was provided to us when we booked the hostel. Unfortunately, we later found out that was not the actual address. There was no staff at that location and none of us had international cell phones to call. After borrowing a stranger's cell phone we got a hold of someone who said they were on the way. Almost 3 hours later (standing on the street with our luggage the whole time) someone showed up! The room was to small for 3 people. It was like Harry Potter's closet.

• 18th Jun 2014

We had a twin apartment that was equipped with bunk beds a small table, couch and TV in a house located about 10 minute walk to Willenden Green tube in a quiet neighborhood. Small kitchenette worked fine for light meals and there was a 24 hr market near tube. Tiny bath had nice shower with best water pressure and hot water I have ever had. Apartment was budget and showed wear but for London the value was good. We were not spending a lot of time there. Beds were not very comfortable.

• 12th Jun 2014

Me and my friend Simona came to London and we thought that we will stay in the house which is on the picture on the internet for London Studios. we phoned one lady and she picked us up to the place we were staying - ugly, place at moudly place in residing countainer without fresh air. It was really awful and we don"t recomend this place to anyone. When we came with this lady she took from us money without receipe.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Slovenia

I was allocated in a room with no beds available, I had to call the staff to sort out the problem in the middle of the night and they were reluctant in giving me another room (a more expensive one) instead they suggested I could share a bed!! WTF! I really had to convince the staff to give me a bed. The next day I asked for a towel and they said I couldnt have one as I was on the cheapest room, even though offered to pay. They had free breakfast, which was good because I wasnt counting on that.

Very good stay. We really appreciated the upgrade. The staffmember (Daniel?) who drove us to the hostel was very helpful and kind.

• 31st May 2014

Not in the position we expected, the flat was a bottom floor with no curtains and broken blinds so the light streamed in during the morning (early) and there was no privacy in the evening. When I reported this to the staff (twice) I was told it would be looked at but it wasn't. Add to that the fact that it was grubby, the hand written card details unproffesional and the door led on to the entrance flat which was very noisy means we did not enjoy our stay at all!

We were given a well-equipped, brand new, very nice studio flat. The area is nice and safety, the tube station is very close to the studio. Great stay. Thank you!

• 31st May 2014