247london Hostel and Private Rooms Reviews

37 Chatworth Road, London, London, England

My experience with the hostel was pretty bad. There's no sign in front of the hostel so it's hard to find. We knocked and for about 20 minutes before a staff member told us to call the number on the side of the building. No where did it say to do that. Once we reached someone check in went smoothly. On my 2nd day someone broke into my room and stole a duffle, two laptops, and a passport. Luckily I had my valuables with me. Horrible security and the manager refused to come talk to the police.

• 6th Feb 2015

great hostel i always stay here at this hostel whenever i am in London the staff are great and always ready to help me out, Wifi went down for about 2 hours that was the only problem thanks xx

Once you get past the Monty Python check-in procedures, clean, convenient, congenial. The best part was variety of travellers from Europe, Africa and Mid-East. Really enjoyed meeting the people and hearing stories of their lives and adventures. Wi-Fi excellent. HOUSE RULES: 1. Credit/Debt cards NOT accepted. Bring EXACT change. 2. No towels provided nor are there are hand dryers in the toilets. Bring your own. 3. Nice kitchen facilities, but you must provide your own food.

First off they lied and it is not in the location that is specified when booked. I booked this place as it was close to the tube. When we got there, two girls asked us to get into a car to drive to the real hostel. This totally freaked my travel buddy out. He figured it was a scam and we would be robbed. I was tired from travelling and unwilling to put up an argument so we went with them. Rather than staying in a place that was 2 minutes from the tube we were miles away SCAMMERS!

• 15th Nov 2014

You have to wait for someone to get you the keys, which is kind of annoying. Other than that the room was great, although the internet connection was down a lot.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Not as stated. I was sent far from the main house. Not stated in information. Wifi poorly worked.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

The location was good - a few minutes' walk from the tube & really easy to get to - about a 30 min journey from Central London. However I didn't really feel safe in this hostel - the front door didn't really seem all that secure, there were loads of rooms in the hostel and loads of guests coming and going all the time, doors slamming at night etc. The room & communal areas were extremely dirty. It was the sort of place where you didn't want to go barefoot or touch anything. Wouldn't return.

• 24th Oct 2014

D9rty hostel and bad organisation

• 12th Oct 2014

A bit desorganized, bad location, cold staff (with the exception of one friendly man). The house was nice, good kitchen and living room. The room was too small for the amount of people in it.

Ok, leta put it like this. It was ok. But when we arrived they had'nt even cleaned the room since the last guest. The rooms were small, dirty and you could hear through the walls. The free wi-fi was extremely bad, it was unusable. The sharing kitchen was ok, but the other guests never cleaned after then self, so i felt very bad for the cleaner. The houseowners did not take care of the kitchen, and their cooking fan was broken, so when a Guy cooked the fire alam went of, so they kicked him out.

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Great stay thank you. Very relaxed hostel with plenty of people to communicate with. Highly recommended.

• 25th Sep 2014

This hostel was near tube and bus links. Not really a hostel but a private double room in a shared house that can also be rented long term. Wasn't happy that a member of staff interrupted us and demanded she show someone our room which totally goes against the 24 hours notice law for landlords

• 20th Sep 2014

The facilities weren't clean. Bathroom, kitchen, common room and our twin private were all dirty and we had to go 2 nights without a working lightbulb. There isn't a single member of staff on site until you call to check in. Breakfast was 2 types of cereal or toast. On the plus side, it was a quiet part of town, the mini fridge and sink in the room were helpful. When I did get to speak to a staff member and the woman in charge of housekeeping, they were both delightful, polite and friendly.