247london Hostel and Private Rooms Reviews

37 Chatworth Road, London, London, England

A man picked us up from the tube station and took us to the house. We didn't sign any terms and conditions when we arrived and the man took the cash and left. It felt very unprofessional and made us feel unsafe. There were mouse traps in our room and the bedding didn't look like it had been changed for our stay.

• 12th Apr 2014

The room had no towels and we were not told of that. The toilet flush was broken

Not clean. The keys of the front door didn't work that well. Closet in the room not stable. No lockers for luggage when checked out already. We had to carry all of our stuff with us through the whole day!

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

No liquid soap in toilets. Why ??

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Finland

Cute little place in London on a quiet street. The staff were all wonderful, even picked us up at the Tube station. We sometimes had to wait for bathrooms as there were only 3, but that was the only negative.

• 10th Apr 2014

I was a little nervous having the address change the day of, but it turned out fine. We really loved the atmosphere and the night guard took us to our room and gave us a little tour. It was loud at night but it wasn't too bad.

In genereal was great in relation of quality & price

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Spain

It was a nice hostel. But the greatest thing missing was a reception. People to ask questions and pay to were not there. They just come by to wake you up (if they can find you or whatever happened during them looking for us) and ask to pay directly in cash, they don't have change. The washbins were not very clean and the breakfast was meager. There is no good ventilation so the room is hot and smelly. However, we had great people in our room and the location was good. That made up for a lot.

There was not even a reception desk! I had no idea where to go to with my questions! We asked for towels, they never came. I never got my change back while they promised me they would get it for me!

Overall it was good. The only really annoying thing was that the doors to all the rooms closed very loudly so it was hard to sleep on the weekends. But definitely think I would stay there again.

To start, we booked the hostel at 39 chatsworth, which we did because the reviews were good. When we arrived we learned all the rooms that are private are next door at 37, where the reviews aren't as good, and neither are the amenities. It was hard to check in, because the phone to call the office is inside. Laundry is expensive, showers are very small, but have hot water. Lots of locker space, but the place isn't cleaned regularly. Lots of long term residents. Breakfast is minimal.

• 21st Mar 2014

Overall experience with this hostel was very unpleasant. When booking I took in consideration the location, it was 200 mts from the tube station, but we realized that when we got there we needed to call them so they would pick us up and take us to a different location into a neighborhood that did not have anything close by so we had to walk to get groceries,tube,etc. Wifi was broken...we called twice for help but it was still broken...it was only fixed the night before we had to check out.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Costa Rica

Staff members were virtually nonexistent. Check in time ends ridiculously early (5:30pm). There was only one staff member that I saw over the weekend (Saturday night). He got upset over some food not thrown away by the guests but ended up on a 2 hour rant and chided all the other guests that passed by him. I was 2 floors above and could still hear. Two people who shared the same room as I was in said they were stopped and chided by him. He clearly created a poor environment for everyone.

Excellent place to stay a few days in London! The atmosphere is excellent and the rooms couldnt be better! Beakfast is perfect and the kitchen couldnt be better! Toilets are very clean and there are very good community areas with pool tables and tv! Perfect place! =)

• 19th Mar 2014
  • Spain

As we arrived at "247london Hostel" we didn't get the actual booked room. Instead, we got an increadable dirty room with mould on the wall and filthy mattresses. Trying to find any staff around, the place we got to know that you have to call somebody over a phone for service. So we were trying to reach somebody for complaining about our room (with others which were actually also waiting). They said somebody will come in 10 minutes and we were waiting for 3 hours!!! Friday was gone.

• 14th Mar 2014

Very unique and independent setup. There is no reception. Staff show you around on the first day, give you the keys and leave you to it. I really liked that idea as it doesn't feel like reception is always there and it feels more like a house. Everything was very clean, free breakfast was very good and the people residing there were nice. Fast internet and nice rooms. Overall, I was very happy. A few little things that could be improved but they are too small to bother mentioning.

Building was nice, cleaning lady was nice and night guy also nice, other tenants were messy. I've rated staff poor because of sebastian, he doesn't listen and you can't count on him on anything. The first day they pick you up and take you to another place, didn't like that, then they switch you between places, when I refused (the 2nd week cause they were drugs and bedbugs) they canceled my reservation but didn't want to return my deposit, finally they gave me the £25, had to argue for an hour.

This is a beautiful house and has wonderful kitchen facilities and a quiet pleasant garden in the rear. there is a lady who comes in daily and this helps keep the place orderly and clean It feels more like a home than a hostel.

I thought that this hostel was overall good. They were located about 7 minutes away to a subway station (by walking) and were near a busy street with lots of restaurants, bars and stores. The only issues that I had was that their address is actually 39 Chatsworth Road and not 37, which originally made me think that I had gotten scammed since I couldn't find it and they don't have a sign out (I had to ask someone on the stree). My only other issue was that none of the bathrooms had soap in them.

• 8th Mar 2014

Everything was fine except the pictures dont show the reality.. I understand that for 20 pounds per person per night is not a lot, but please put the actual pictures of the rooms, and not those fancy studios...

• 19th Feb 2014