247london Hostel and Private Rooms Reviews

37 Chatworth Road, London, London, England

I was very impressed with this Hostel and the service I received. Thanks

• 23rd Jul 2014

Door didn't work properly, studio right next to the tube binary so consequent noise, spiders and webs in the room.

• 11th Jul 2014

It could be a lot cleaner. The problem is that there is no staff present all the time. The check in process is too long. We waited for someone to come for more than 30 min.

After a terrible 10 hour bus ride all we wanted was a quick snooze and a shower, we turn up to the hostel (I should mention that they gave us the wrong address on our order confirmation, wrong by 2 doors but still) & everybody is standing outside and we don't really know whats happening, theres no staff around so we have to ask other people, it then takes us around an hour to finally get transferred to a different location, where we got a free 'upgrade' which was a grotty studio apartment for 3.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I booked the hostel with regards to the address to be near a friend of mine. It turned out that was just a front office, which was locked. I was from abroad, so I had no way of calling, which was not said as required. Luckily someone else had called. Someone came by and called to check us in, but then left us in the driveway for over an hour before coming back to drive us to another house over a mile away. Then there was no staff at the house for if I ever had questions.

• 1st Jul 2014

I booked a room for 6 people and the day when we was check in, they haven't ready the room yet and still someone was stay inside the room. The staff just packed up the stuffs belong to that girl ,perhaps, without any consent and we was worried the person who hold key could enter our room. The room was a totally a mess with a rotten fruit in the fridge and the door into the hostel was nearly 24 hrs UNLOCKED. Awful stay and not recommended.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

I stayed with my boyfriend in a cosy private double room. Our bed had clean sheets, towels, a fridge/freezer and storage. I wish that the room had a sink and mirror. The showers and toilets weren't particularly spotless but I'm not really fussy and it was clean (or dirty) enough to live with. The downside is that what they don't tell you is they own 4 hostels in the same area. Some of them are 5 minutes away from Kilburn station but ours, the other is 1, was 15 minutes away a few streets away.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

The pictures are false. The hostel was dirty and the reception was no where near the "hostel" location. It was actually just an apartment so the atmosphere was poor. The business is very unprofessional... What kind of company can't provide change for a cash payment?? It was pretty pricey but average for London, definitely look into other places if they're not booked

• 25th Jun 2014

Overall speaking, the facilities provided are quite good such as microwave, oven, iron, free wifi and television. Yet there is a room of improvement for other aspects. First, the ventilation of the room is very poor. There is only 1 fan for "fresh air". As there are many mosquitoes outside the room, we cannot open the windows (our room has no mosquito screen). Besides the address of the hostel (37 Chatsworth Road) is hard to find as no clear sign is shown. It would be better if reception is set.

The staff was very busy, but we loved the place! :) We had a double-bed room, with tv, a table, private bathroom and shower, oven, microwave, Forks, knives, etc. It was lovely! :D

• 18th Jun 2014

Amazing time in London. The hostel was great next to the Kilburn tube station which is in zone 2. Rest of those things you have to feel it. You must be there.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Security was good he is here everynight and check the safety of the hostel. The kitchen is well equipped but no seasoning was provided. breakfast was provided With breads, jam, and milk. The Wi-Fi is good in room. Overall is good

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

- There's no staff at the facilities. That means you have to call their offices (spend some money there), wait 15-20 minutes for them to come and then drive out into the blue. - My room stank. And I’m no picky nose. Fact of the matter, there were two fridges and freezers in a small 12-bed dorm. Evidently they had some rotten food. - I got moved from the building that I was meant to check into and was put in a 12-bed dorm, even though I booked a 10-bed dorm. No apologies asked.

• 30th May 2014
  • Portugal

Could not get a hold of the staff at night when our light would not work. Could never get a hold of anyone when we needed to. Not clean at all, no towels provided and we could not ask anyone for towels. Having to use money and not getting a receipt was not ok. Our group have stayed at many hostels and this was the worst one yet. Just terrible.

• 30th May 2014

All the lockers were broken, maybe clean the showers sometime, and there was no soap in an soap dispensers. There was a pretty bad fly/ant problem too so maybe get that sorted. It was decent value for the money, but I don't think I'd recommend it to friends. The atmosphere was the best part, everyone was really chilled out and the lounge was fun to hang out in. Overall I'd give it 2.5/5.

• 28th May 2014

amazing hostel made lot of friends at this hostel from all over the world very happy thanks 247london hostel

Good vale for money, nice house mates in the hostel, place was very clean and i found the free WIFI very helpful I will be staying at this hostel next time i am in London...

the Staff was not on the premises, we only met after asking for admittance after an half an hour wait.. The room exceeded our expectations, we were in a room + pantry kitchen. The down bit but not too important, it was very dark there, being in the shadow of trees and ivy

The hostel is well-located and the facilities are usually clean, but the staff just comes two times a day and there's no reception. You can't storage you're luggage anywhere if you're leaving london after checking-out. On our first day at the hostel (we've been there for 3 days), my friend left the adapter on the socket right next to his bed and when he woke up, it wasn't there anymore. We asked everyone in the room, but no one saw it. They forgot to leave sheets for us on our last day!

Needs major improvements. Beds smelt like BO extremely bad! Roommate was doing drugs right in front of us and smoking weed out window. Never even talked to a staff member.

« first « Prev 1 2 3