247london Hostel and Private Rooms Reviews

37 Chatworth Road, London, London, England

They're Scammers !!! Avoid They're bunch of amateurs who exploits their customer's money. First they changed our staying place to very different area and then refused to send our invoice. Avoid them.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

it's good to meet new people because there are nice rooms where you can talk to each other. we came later as we wanted and had to do a self-check in. it was a good system and had no problems. but our whole stay nobody cleaned up the toilets and washing rooms. it was very ugly. every morning a women came to make us breakfast but she was very unfriendly. we reserved a room with two single beds. when we arrived, we were taken to a small room with a double bed so i wasn't very satisfied.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Suriname

WARNING: NOT what you expect! The location is RADICALLY different from the posted address. There is no office where we could actually speak to someone when we had complaints. The wifi hardly ever actually worked. The staff was unaccommodating and rude at times. If you do not arrive within working hours, and have a british phone handy, checking in will be near-impossible. I STRONGLY advise against anybody visiting this hostel.

Nice rooms (privates) and the area is very good! Good connections to central London via subway and buses. The only thing that took it down a bit was that it was difficult to reach the staff since they were not around in a reception. Also you have to pay beforehand. Other than that it was a good place to stay at if you want to live close to London but still in a calm atmosphere. I can definitly recommened the private rooms if you want to live somewhere cheap still with good standard!

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Sweden

NOT what is described. Location very strange, no offices, poor wifi, and poor customer services. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

It is more a accomodation for long/short stays. I don't recommend to use it as a hostel, there is no reception, very difficult to find any staffs. Besides that I didnt have any other problems

Gates left propped open when they should have been locked. Spiders and webs in rooms. Saw one staff member on Day1. Tube track running right by room so constant noise throughout day. 2 beds advertised was actually bunk bed. Internet connection was very poor and always cutting out. Zero atmosphere - was pleased to leave!

• 29th Jul 2014

i found this hostel to be 100% what i paid for. and i even got upgraded at no extra cost to another room. so thanks for that 247london hostel. i did find that sum of the other travelers that are staying in the hostel had problems with what a hostel is and getting to grips with dorm life..like having to use a kitchen and cooking and cleaning for them self's and learning how to wipe there own ass.. i paid £13.50 per night and was worth every penny. other people need to start getting real....

the hostel is great Value for money the staff are very helpful nice hostel

Perfect for Young travelers

I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. We were badly misled, we were expecting what we saw on the hostel world website when in fact you are driven to a second property which stinks of lemon pledge

• 24th Jul 2014

Spacious, former luxury home in residential suburb. Clean common area but bedroom/bathroom floors neglected. Good fresh air and cheerful, helpful energetic staff of all ages.

I was very impressed with this Hostel and the service I received. Thanks

• 23rd Jul 2014

Dear Manager I finally didn´t satay at the hostel because when we arrived the place wasn´t what I had expected to find. The neighbourhood was horrible, stinking, far away from the city centre.The photographs that were on the web site didn´t´ correspond to the place. For all these reasons I decided no to stay . What I would suggest is that you should check the photographs before publishing them in the internet. Whe the lady that received us opened the bedroom door the room had a horrible smell

We made already a Feedback at the hostel and put it in the postbox. So they know what they could improve!

The accommodation was nothing like it appears on the website. Kitchen was very messy and if you live anything out eg. Sunglasses don't expect them to be there when you return.

• 17th Jul 2014

Door didn't work properly, studio right next to the tube binary so consequent noise, spiders and webs in the room.

• 11th Jul 2014

It could be a lot cleaner. The problem is that there is no staff present all the time. The check in process is too long. We waited for someone to come for more than 30 min.

After a terrible 10 hour bus ride all we wanted was a quick snooze and a shower, we turn up to the hostel (I should mention that they gave us the wrong address on our order confirmation, wrong by 2 doors but still) & everybody is standing outside and we don't really know whats happening, theres no staff around so we have to ask other people, it then takes us around an hour to finally get transferred to a different location, where we got a free 'upgrade' which was a grotty studio apartment for 3.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I booked the hostel with regards to the address to be near a friend of mine. It turned out that was just a front office, which was locked. I was from abroad, so I had no way of calling, which was not said as required. Luckily someone else had called. Someone came by and called to check us in, but then left us in the driveway for over an hour before coming back to drive us to another house over a mile away. Then there was no staff at the house for if I ever had questions.