247london Hostel and Private Rooms Reviews

37 Chatworth Road, London, London, England

Security: Some doors (for example in the room I was staying at) apparently couldn't be locked. Location: Thought I was going to stay at Chatsworth 37, ended up on Bondesbury Park. Cleanliness: Well.. When I arrived the room I was staying at looked like it hadn't been cleaned for over a week and the matresses were stained more than they should be. One morning I saw the cleaning lady emptying the dishwasher, went to get on of the newly washed bowls, they were ALL covered in long black hairs.

• 14th Aug 2013
  • Denmark

I loved my own little space, with kitchen. Everything i needed for the week was there. As i was a single lady staying in my own room, i felt a little insecure being stuck at the end of the garden by myself. Cleanliness could have been better. But all in all, an ok stay.

The neighbors are complainers so they were shutting the back door as early as 7:30 pm. The internet said breakfast was provided, it was cereal with POWERED milk??? They cannot accept payment by credit card and don't have change to give you for cash, but they did let me pay most of it, and wait until that evening so I could have correct change. You may not be staying at the address you see online. Luckily there was someone there who let me use their phone, because I didn't have one.

• 5th Aug 2013

Please have towels. At least towels for washing dishes. Seriously, the dishes weren't clean, and it makes it hard to clean dishes when there aren't towels provided.

• 19th Jul 2013

The area was really nice; good amount of shops as well as tube station and bus stops. It was very hot in London while we were there but our room was always cool which is a big plus. Our room also had a nice kitchen with good amount of utensils. Overall, we really liked our accommodation as it filled all our needs; beds, kitchen, toilet, shower and we even had a little balcony on the ground level. :)

• 17th Jul 2013
  • Finland

Firstly, this place should not be listed on backpackers websites as it is for long term stays only. There is not security when people decide to leave the front door propped open with an over flowing rubbish bin. The room doors are regularly left unlocked without my permission allowing anyone to walk in the rooms. There is a guy roaming around the hostel who has not paid and apparently he just turns up whenever he wants and his friends just let him in. Many more complains no characters left.

• 12th Jul 2013

We booked 7 nights at Accommodation London (shared house in Willesden Green). The fellow residents held large parties every night, and invited random friends around until 4am. The place was disgusting - toilet paper ran out, filthy urine smelling toilets, broken toilet seat, shower grime, dishes piled up and plates used as ashtrays. We complained to Accomm London staff and the residents involved, but only received an apology after we left the accommodation early. Worst hostel experience ever.

I got to the place and at the number informed, there was nobody, no answer. After 30 minutes, at the next door, I saw a person handling some keys, and I asked about the check in, and she checked my reservation and was 5 blocks away. Bad neighborhood, away from the underground, not at all what i've booked. I stayed at the facilities for a while to realize what I should do, and it was less then I expected, so I left, found another place. Bad choice.

The bathrooms were tiny and disgusting. The showers are prebuilt plastic showers.There were no staff avaliable in the building so it wasn't possible to tell them that the bathroom needed to be cleaned, and they weren't cleaned very often for sure.

The pick up scheme is kind of strange, but it works. There are signs posted to please not socialize inthe kitchen, but that is the only place with wifi and so the sign was ignored. Fellow guest were responsive when asked to quiet down and it was certainly not a party hostel. The washing machine was notoriously unreliable. The breakfast supplies were a nice bonus. Overall a good hostel experience for the money.

It was not what we expected. The hostel wasn't at the address given!! Instead there are houses scattered all over the area, which was really NOT clear from the website.

• 24th Jun 2013
  • Scotland

Room was great, (3 bed private) couldn't fault it in anyway, very clean, and had everything you could need. You could only phone the company between 8-5 weekdays otherwise there was no way of getting in touch with them. We didn't receive breakfast, but as we had self catering facilities didn't mind. The company own multiple buildings all in roughly the same area ( between Willesdean green and Killburn) so it's not very clear on the precise location you end up staying.

Advantages: very low price for a separate room- really great. Not far from the metro station. Also, free wifi. And although I had to share the bathroom, there were several of them, so you can always find one free. Main drawback: very poor sound isolation, so bring earplugs if you have plans to go to sleep before 1 or 2 am. Also, the address where I lived was different from the one on the website or booking info. Luckily I had their phone number and was picked up, so be sure to keep it close too.

Great hostel, well worth the money. It's clean, most people and staff are very friendly. The location is pretty good, about a 10 minute walk from the nearest tube station and shops. Would recommend!

bad…My total amount should £97 so I paid £100 cash for change. But the staff didn't change for me until I leave.

• 11th Jun 2013
  • Hong Kong

The building we were placed in for our one week stay in London housed all long-term residents. This made my friend and I feel kind of awkward because all of the other people in the house were staying there for months at a time while we were only there for a short time. It might be a better idea to separate the long-term from the short term residents. We did not experience a friendly hostel atmosphere. However I will say that the facilities were very clean and the staff was all very friendly.

• 4th Jun 2013

The bathrooms were the most disgusting I've seen

• 31st May 2013

away from noisy and crowded city center, though very well connected, a place where share dinner and feel home

We didn't in fact stay in the hostel; we were in an "overflow" room in a house with people who were living long term (several months or more) in London. As we heard from those people, the hostel ran out of space, so they put people in this house that's apparently a lot worse than the actual hostel. The was no breakfast, the were 2 lockers for a room of 8 people, the room itself was very poorly ventilated...at least the location, near the Wilesden Green tube stop, was okay. Not recommended.

I was a little disappointed this time around.The change of address did not suit me. The first place I stayed felt like a home, this one was very hostel like, lights did not work, felt a little less safe. Not a BAD experience but could have been better.