247london Hostel and Private Rooms Reviews

37 Chatworth Road, London, London, England

- There's no staff at the facilities. That means you have to call their offices (spend some money there), wait 15-20 minutes for them to come and then drive out into the blue. - My room stank. And I’m no picky nose. Fact of the matter, there were two fridges and freezers in a small 12-bed dorm. Evidently they had some rotten food. - I got moved from the building that I was meant to check into and was put in a 12-bed dorm, even though I booked a 10-bed dorm. No apologies asked.

• 30th May 2014
  • Portugal

Could not get a hold of the staff at night when our light would not work. Could never get a hold of anyone when we needed to. Not clean at all, no towels provided and we could not ask anyone for towels. Having to use money and not getting a receipt was not ok. Our group have stayed at many hostels and this was the worst one yet. Just terrible.

• 30th May 2014

All the lockers were broken, maybe clean the showers sometime, and there was no soap in an soap dispensers. There was a pretty bad fly/ant problem too so maybe get that sorted. It was decent value for the money, but I don't think I'd recommend it to friends. The atmosphere was the best part, everyone was really chilled out and the lounge was fun to hang out in. Overall I'd give it 2.5/5.

• 28th May 2014

amazing hostel made lot of friends at this hostel from all over the world very happy thanks 247london hostel

Good vale for money, nice house mates in the hostel, place was very clean and i found the free WIFI very helpful I will be staying at this hostel next time i am in London...

the Staff was not on the premises, we only met after asking for admittance after an half an hour wait.. The room exceeded our expectations, we were in a room + pantry kitchen. The down bit but not too important, it was very dark there, being in the shadow of trees and ivy

The hostel is well-located and the facilities are usually clean, but the staff just comes two times a day and there's no reception. You can't storage you're luggage anywhere if you're leaving london after checking-out. On our first day at the hostel (we've been there for 3 days), my friend left the adapter on the socket right next to his bed and when he woke up, it wasn't there anymore. We asked everyone in the room, but no one saw it. They forgot to leave sheets for us on our last day!

Needs major improvements. Beds smelt like BO extremely bad! Roommate was doing drugs right in front of us and smoking weed out window. Never even talked to a staff member.

Staff was very nice, but it was complicated to called them for picking us up. That could be improved :)

• 9th May 2014

This place is clean and friendly my only complaint was it was hard to find. Nothing really makes it stand out from the rest of the houses in the neighborhood, but once inside it is a pretty good place!

I liked my stay very much but I think the ventilation should be better in the basement, there was a smell sometimes in our room despite having the window open. No complaints otherwise I was quite satisfied considering the money charged

• 8th May 2014
  • India

Our stay was a tragedy. First: the place of the hostel is NOT the place they say, when we arrived they came and took us by car to our flat. Second: when we arrived I called them and asked if we could check in 1 hour earlier, they said that there would be no problem. We waited for 1h30m until they decided to check us in. Third: The old guests had not left our room. As we arrived the employee who was with us had to evict the old 'tenants', a VERY embarassing situation. Fourth: icy cold shower.

• 3rd May 2014

Everything was pretty ok, considering the prices for even budget accomodation in London. Except for that there's no staff on location and no one seems to care about the house rules... claiming not to be a party hostel - I'm not sure if the guests are aware of that.

• 1st May 2014

Great female dorm very large large with lots of space. nice girls staying in my room with me we all went out for a great night out in London hostel was what i needed cheap, clean, and nice staff.

hello, thanks for staying at my hostel. i look forward to having you back with us soon. next time you are in London drop by and i will give you a further 12% off you stay... thank you very much...

The location is quite good. 5min walk to metro. Close to some local restaurants and bars as well. There is no reception in the hostel but everything was on order.

nice hostel good stay

Except for the mattresses, which were quite old and uncomfortable and prevented us from sleeping in the best conditions, the house is really OK. I expected we would meet some other travellers but it wasn't the case. I don't really know if there was a common room in the house. A bit far from central London but within easy access with the tube, though. Small but practical private kitchenette.The neighbourhood offers plenty of nice and affordable restaurants as well as shops and a supermarket.

A man picked us up from the tube station and took us to the house. We didn't sign any terms and conditions when we arrived and the man took the cash and left. It felt very unprofessional and made us feel unsafe. There were mouse traps in our room and the bedding didn't look like it had been changed for our stay.

• 12th Apr 2014

Beautiful and confortable private room with kitchen facilities. However location was 10 min far away from a tube station in zone 2.

The room had no towels and we were not told of that. The toilet flush was broken