247london Hostel and Private Rooms Reviews

37 Chatworth Road, London, London, England

The cleaners are lovely but clearly don't get the equipment or hours they need to really clean this hostel. The admin/bookings staff are absolutely atrocious, including 'manager' Gareth. Some members of staff have told me that they are always understaffed and their administration is useless to nonexistent. As none of their multiple hostels have a reception you're usually better off asking other guests for help. There are quite a few people who stay here longterm, most of them are helpful.

The staff was incredibly rude and condescending. The bed I had was worthless and there is no type of communal atmosphere that a normal hostel has. In fact I didn't see another resident the entire time I stayed with them.

• 6th Apr 2014

I was a little nervous having the address change the day of, but it turned out fine. We really loved the atmosphere and the night guard took us to our room and gave us a little tour. It was loud at night but it wasn't too bad.

In genereal was great in relation of quality & price

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Spain

It was a nice hostel. But the greatest thing missing was a reception. People to ask questions and pay to were not there. They just come by to wake you up (if they can find you or whatever happened during them looking for us) and ask to pay directly in cash, they don't have change. The washbins were not very clean and the breakfast was meager. There is no good ventilation so the room is hot and smelly. However, we had great people in our room and the location was good. That made up for a lot.

There was not even a reception desk! I had no idea where to go to with my questions! We asked for towels, they never came. I never got my change back while they promised me they would get it for me!

Overall it was good. The only really annoying thing was that the doors to all the rooms closed very loudly so it was hard to sleep on the weekends. But definitely think I would stay there again.

To start, we booked the hostel at 39 chatsworth, which we did because the reviews were good. When we arrived we learned all the rooms that are private are next door at 37, where the reviews aren't as good, and neither are the amenities. It was hard to check in, because the phone to call the office is inside. Laundry is expensive, showers are very small, but have hot water. Lots of locker space, but the place isn't cleaned regularly. Lots of long term residents. Breakfast is minimal.

• 21st Mar 2014

Overall experience with this hostel was very unpleasant. When booking I took in consideration the location, it was 200 mts from the tube station, but we realized that when we got there we needed to call them so they would pick us up and take us to a different location into a neighborhood that did not have anything close by so we had to walk to get groceries,tube,etc. Wifi was broken...we called twice for help but it was still broken...it was only fixed the night before we had to check out.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Costa Rica

Staff members were virtually nonexistent. Check in time ends ridiculously early (5:30pm). There was only one staff member that I saw over the weekend (Saturday night). He got upset over some food not thrown away by the guests but ended up on a 2 hour rant and chided all the other guests that passed by him. I was 2 floors above and could still hear. Two people who shared the same room as I was in said they were stopped and chided by him. He clearly created a poor environment for everyone.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »