247london Hostel and Private Rooms Reviews

37 Chatworth Road, London, London, England

15 days in this hostel and 2 different house . The house is very good but I don't know if the maids now really the word "cleaning" because the first room I went was very dirty and the second worst like the first. The staff is very unfriendly and don't understand when you have some issues. I thing they need to change plenty of thing but starting by the management

The staff was not friendly at all, the bathrooms were not cleaned often enough, and we saw a rat in the kitchen, twice.

• 6th Jul 2015

After arriving at the property address we were provided it took 2 hours for staff to arrive and check us in. (There were 3 other groups waiting to be checked in as well). I received an email at 12pm the day of check advising me to go to another address which was an additional 10min walk up the road (not ideal when you are lugging around luggage). We were very disappointed with the late notice of the change in property as we had specifically booked due to the location being a 5min walk to tubs

• 21st Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

This property is not leased as a commercial building for a shop floor open to customers to come and go freely is it? There is no trading license to use, so why no alcohol? Everyone who stays is over 18! Does the USAs 21st amendment apply here? Was Chatsworth Road surrendered to ISIS? Did Amy Winehouse turn this place down? https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/11140143_1580215522243848_3617196035378734594_n.jpg?oh=3aa9ff68d0a5490708e064fe9c05b10f&oe=561DBF17

Such an awesome place!

• 19th Jun 2015

The hostel was a townhouse and nicely laid out. The laundry malfunctioned regularly, and the cleaning staff did NOT turn up nearly often enough. When they did, it was at 6AM and the crashing and banging was impossible to sleep through. Grease or oil on the kitchen floor was not cleaned up, just spread out with the mop, which led to some sketchy kitchen entries until we caught on. Cleaning aside, it was great. Note that a phone connection is needed to check in.

• 1st May 2015

Read all the fine print. The location they give you may not be where you are staying. They have multiple locations around the same area you could end up.

STAY FAR AWAY from these cheaters and clowns. Stayed 1 night and left early, couldn't take it. Where you sleep turned out in a totally different location (20-30 minutes away), where they walk you at night! Far from any accessible easy transport. Nightmare of washrooms. Breakfast not worthy of feeding dogs, really plastic. Not worth it.

• 6th Mar 2015

No comment, stay better in another hostel

• 2nd Mar 2015

I really enjoyed my stay there and the stuff was great especially jonathan

My experience with the hostel was pretty bad. There's no sign in front of the hostel so it's hard to find. We knocked and for about 20 minutes before a staff member told us to call the number on the side of the building. No where did it say to do that. Once we reached someone check in went smoothly. On my 2nd day someone broke into my room and stole a duffle, two laptops, and a passport. Luckily I had my valuables with me. Horrible security and the manager refused to come talk to the police.

• 6th Feb 2015

great hostel i always stay here at this hostel whenever i am in London the staff are great and always ready to help me out, Wifi went down for about 2 hours that was the only problem thanks xx

Once you get past the Monty Python check-in procedures, clean, convenient, congenial. The best part was variety of travellers from Europe, Africa and Mid-East. Really enjoyed meeting the people and hearing stories of their lives and adventures. Wi-Fi excellent. HOUSE RULES: 1. Credit/Debt cards NOT accepted. Bring EXACT change. 2. No towels provided nor are there are hand dryers in the toilets. Bring your own. 3. Nice kitchen facilities, but you must provide your own food.

First off they lied and it is not in the location that is specified when booked. I booked this place as it was close to the tube. When we got there, two girls asked us to get into a car to drive to the real hostel. This totally freaked my travel buddy out. He figured it was a scam and we would be robbed. I was tired from travelling and unwilling to put up an argument so we went with them. Rather than staying in a place that was 2 minutes from the tube we were miles away SCAMMERS!

• 15th Nov 2014

You have to wait for someone to get you the keys, which is kind of annoying. Other than that the room was great, although the internet connection was down a lot.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Not as stated. I was sent far from the main house. Not stated in information. Wifi poorly worked.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

The location was good - a few minutes' walk from the tube & really easy to get to - about a 30 min journey from Central London. However I didn't really feel safe in this hostel - the front door didn't really seem all that secure, there were loads of rooms in the hostel and loads of guests coming and going all the time, doors slamming at night etc. The room & communal areas were extremely dirty. It was the sort of place where you didn't want to go barefoot or touch anything. Wouldn't return.

• 24th Oct 2014

D9rty hostel and bad organisation

• 12th Oct 2014

A bit desorganized, bad location, cold staff (with the exception of one friendly man). The house was nice, good kitchen and living room. The room was too small for the amount of people in it.

Ok, leta put it like this. It was ok. But when we arrived they had'nt even cleaned the room since the last guest. The rooms were small, dirty and you could hear through the walls. The free wi-fi was extremely bad, it was unusable. The sharing kitchen was ok, but the other guests never cleaned after then self, so i felt very bad for the cleaner. The houseowners did not take care of the kitchen, and their cooking fan was broken, so when a Guy cooked the fire alam went of, so they kicked him out.

• 6th Oct 2014