2A Hostel Reviews

Saalestr. 76, Berlin, Germany

Bad. The walk from the hostel to the main drag takes you through a gamut of drunks and junkies and other sketchy types. S Bahn trains run by the window till 1am or so. Free earplugs at the front desk. Good. The staff are very friendly, helpful and professional. It,s close to numerous cheap eats, transportation services, comfort, great breakfast deal, super security and the place is so well, continuously cleaned that I actually felt for glass in the front door because it wasn't visible. LOL.

It's clean & the shower is good. However because the bathroom is done as an ensuite, rather than seperate shower & toilet cubicles, sometimes there's a bit of a wait. It's not really close to anything of note, but it is next to a metro so it's easy to get around. The wifi thing as mentioned by everyone else is frustrating. & it's also not very strong, I couldn't upload any pictures online etc. Also no atmosphere in the bar. On a good note the lockers are big & the building is secure.

Very clean and new facilities. Staff was very welcoming and helpful. Couple cheap markets within a block. Recommend this hostel.

You definitely need to take the metro into the main part of the city unless you are up for quite a walk! I wish towels had been provided as well as linens, and that the wifi worked better. Other than that, my friend and I had a great stay!

I couldn't connect to the hostel WiFi. The staff said it was a problem with my phone's security settings, but I couldn't connect with my tablet either. Also, I've never encountered this problem before with my phone or my tablet. It didn't matter to me as I was out the whole day and was at the hostel only to sleep, and in any case, I had my mobile data, as I have a German SIM card. Other than the WiFi problem, the stay was very good. Extremely clean hostel, and very friendly staff.

Pros: Keys to rooms and locker all in one, clean room and bathroom, PCs available. Cons: WiFi codes that expire are pointless and make things difficult, Wifi was okay, wasn't great, Kitchen was dirty and did not have common items

This hostel is a long way from the centre. But it is right next to the public transport connections, so this is a benefit. It also does not offer you unlimited wifi and has a very strange connection which suggests it is not safe. This was very disappointing as you have to keep logging in and out to save the time you have free. For the cost of staying there j would expect wifi for free.

Very close to the underground station !

• 8th Aug 2015

People in room were so smelly and they are drinking and eating .. Maybe it just an bad experience overall it would take 30 mints to get to the hostel from Main train station

Awesome hostel! Really clean and the rooms and all modern. Only problem that with no air con it was BOILING in the rooms, woke up drenched. Location is great right next to transport to get you around!

This hostell was very nice. It was clean, well kept and with nice common areas. The rooms where good with a very nice bathroom. The wifi was okey, but you have to get one-hour tickets and that was a little annoying. The room was terrible warm, but I think this is only a problem when its really warm outside. I would definetly stay there again!

Stayed in a private room, more like a hotel than a hostel with staff changing towels every day. Lovely clean rooms. Not the best location but the hostel is extremely close to a train station. Also very close to a large supermarket which is handy however the guest kitchen has neither an oven, toaster or microwave.

Location is ok, not in city centre but right next to overground station and can get into centre via two trains in about 20 minutes. In the baking heat getting off your feet was actually quite nice. Good lockers in the rooms. Overall would recommend

Internet is aawwwfffuuullll! Wierd games with limited hours that expire and inconvenient browser login systems with high risk of losing all hours becuase you fell asleep and forgot to log out. And it's really really slow (think dialup). For this reason I've put facilities as 'Very Poor' - simply no excuse for poor internet noawadays, not in Europe!

• 1st Aug 2015

Really clean for being a hostel. Also I slept so well in the beds, very comfortable. I didn't like the neighborhood because there is nothing to see and not so nice eating places around it. But it's so close to the U- and S-bahn that it's very convenient to get somewhere else fast. I recommend this place. I had a good sleep!

Pros: -was very clean, almost felt like there was never a time where the hostel wasn't in the process of being cleaned -very good security, and spacious in room lockers -staff helpful and polite -cheep beer! Cons: -Wifi usage was a bit annoying (having to log in and out all of the time) - Neukölln is a cool place in Berlin but this was on the outskirts, which is also a long way from the city -for some reason the kitchen had everything save a microwave, go figure -not greatest atmosphere

The kitchen was constantly dirty and there was no soap to clean the dishes, even after we requested some from some the staff! Also the wifi was a pain because only the first 12 h were free. The breakfast was pretty good but one morning the boiled eggs weren't exactly boiled and I cracked into a half gooey mess. The location was also a little far. I wouldn't recommend for solo traveler because it was hard to meet other people and the hostel seemed to mostly cater to school groups.

The street that its on is a bit creepy and very dirty, i didn't like walking alone when it was dark. The train was very convient for me tonise and i liked that. It was kind of far from the centre but with the train it wasn't too bad.

Room was too hot but there was a fan we could use. The building is very modern and is situated right next to the metro station. Would stay here again.

The hostel was clean and the facilities were nice. Location was also nice in trendy Neukölln and easy access to both U-Bahn and S-Bahn. There was a lot of noise coming from the S-Bahn station at every hour and also the trains are noisy, which might be uncomfortable for some people.