2A Hostel Reviews

Saalestr. 76, Berlin, Germany

Not a good place to stay. It is far from the city center, not very cheap, and the shared rooms (8ppl) have only one bathroom. They also charge you for everything, not even the internet is free.

• 27th Dec 2015

Bad. The walk from the hostel to the main drag takes you through a gamut of drunks and junkies and other sketchy types. S Bahn trains run by the window till 1am or so. Free earplugs at the front desk. Good. The staff are very friendly, helpful and professional. It,s close to numerous cheap eats, transportation services, comfort, great breakfast deal, super security and the place is so well, continuously cleaned that I actually felt for glass in the front door because it wasn't visible. LOL.

It's clean & the shower is good. However because the bathroom is done as an ensuite, rather than seperate shower & toilet cubicles, sometimes there's a bit of a wait. It's not really close to anything of note, but it is next to a metro so it's easy to get around. The wifi thing as mentioned by everyone else is frustrating. & it's also not very strong, I couldn't upload any pictures online etc. Also no atmosphere in the bar. On a good note the lockers are big & the building is secure.

Very clean and new facilities. Staff was very welcoming and helpful. Couple cheap markets within a block. Recommend this hostel.

You definitely need to take the metro into the main part of the city unless you are up for quite a walk! I wish towels had been provided as well as linens, and that the wifi worked better. Other than that, my friend and I had a great stay!

I couldn't connect to the hostel WiFi. The staff said it was a problem with my phone's security settings, but I couldn't connect with my tablet either. Also, I've never encountered this problem before with my phone or my tablet. It didn't matter to me as I was out the whole day and was at the hostel only to sleep, and in any case, I had my mobile data, as I have a German SIM card. Other than the WiFi problem, the stay was very good. Extremely clean hostel, and very friendly staff.

Pros: Keys to rooms and locker all in one, clean room and bathroom, PCs available. Cons: WiFi codes that expire are pointless and make things difficult, Wifi was okay, wasn't great, Kitchen was dirty and did not have common items