2A Hostel Reviews

Saalestr. 76, Berlin, Germany

Definitely great value for low cost! Rooms had individual lockers per person staying in them, and everything was kept very clean. Rooms also came with linens and shampoo. Location was right next to a tram station and it only took 20 minutes to get to the city, so location was prime!

The room was too hot and the subway station is very close, it is noisy but is not that you can't sleep. On the other hand, bathrooms are clean and comfortable and the staff is very friendly. Doors and lockers are electronic, so you dont need to carry your own lockpad, and lockers are big enough.

If u want to feel like a mc nugget cooking in microwave stay here

• 18th Jul 2014

very friendly staff and modern place ! highly recommended :)

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Decent hostel- close to transit, but not close to main spots. Wifi is terrible, and our shower had no hot water, but the people in our room were really nice.

The hostel has terrible WiFi. They have a bad system where you have to login every time and then or still doesn't work well. You also have to pay after your time runs out. It was also super hot because they didn't run the a.c.

• 7th Jul 2014

It was amazing value and a great place! Very clean with good facilities. Downsides are the location and the wifi barely works. I had to go sit in the stairway and even then it kept dropping out. The wifi is a deal breaker for me, so despite the awesomeness of the hostel I would've preferred somewhere with better wifi.

2a was a great hostel! The staf was very helpful. It was a little out of the way but with the metro right next door there were no issues getting around. The atmosphere was great as well. Many happy visitors were hanging out and makeing friends. 2a made my trip to Germany a great one!

• 6th Jul 2014

Easy to get to right next to the station. Staff were nice and helpful and a great base for exploring Berlin. Overall a good hostel and would definitely recommend.

The breakfast area was really nice and inexpensive (5 Euros). The hostel is located next to the S line (can be loud. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper!) and only a block from the U. Beds were comfortable and there is an outlet and reading lamp next to each bed. They also provide large lockers! My only real complaint was with the staff. Only one woman in the morning was helpful. Everyone else acted like I was inconviencing them, even when I was just trying to pay for breakfast

It was all good. Friendly and helpful staff. I wanted a place near the railway and it was certainly close so great for me. Maybe the trains would disturb some people but the sound of them is not very intrusive. Thank you Hostel for making my stay so enjoyable.

The staff here were absolutely incredible. They went above and beyond to help us out. Only downside was the neighbourhood was a little sketchy, so if your a lobe female maybe don't stay here

• 30th Jun 2014

I had problems with the WLAN on my cell phone

Free internet would be better. For me the time given was ok, but for some people might be a problem.

2A Hostel was a good value. Although not in the heart of downtown it is right next to the Metro making it easy to travel anywhere in the city. The key card lockers gave extra piece of mind for the safety of my belongings!

I really enjoyed my time there. It was really comfortable there and the staff was just great. Its very near to the Neukolln S and U bahns, which is kind of far from thw centre but it doesn't take more than 20 minutes to arrive there. My only complaint is about the WiFi, which is not THAT free. I mean, you only got 12 hours and, if need more, you must buy another 12 hours at the reception.

The hostel is next to the railway, it's so noisy and people shouted at mid night that you can't even get asleep at all. The roommates switched on the room light at mid night while they're back, it's horrible if you sleep on the upper deck. The staff is so helpful to search the bus to dresden for me.

This was at a great location, a great value for the price and the staff was very helpful. I will stay again when in Berlin next

• 7th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

It could be good to have a boxes in rooms with a key.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

Disappointment abounds, unfortunately. The hostel itself is very modern, well designed, kept very clean and offers top-notch security features. The rooms are nice with comfy beds and en-suite bathrooms. However, the rooms facing the train station are noisy all day long, making it hard to sleep even with earplugs. I didn't like the location at all; It's a rather seedy area with nothing of interest and it takes some 30 minutes to get to the main sights. Moreover, the hostel totally lacks a vibe.