33 South Boutique Backpackers Reviews

48 Trill Rd, Observatory, Cape Town, South Africa

Watch out when you walk in the neighbourhooid at night, some homeless might approach you The bathroom is a little bit ridiculous where you might need to wipe the floor afterwards. I used the washer and dryer without knowing they are not for guest, and they got upset and charged me R55.

At approx 2 am in the night I was touched and woken up by a staff member with a erection. I got really scared and left the room to crash in the communal area (where I obviously didn't sleep as I was too traumatised). I was hoping to find someone at the desk but I didn't see anyone. At 5am someone got up from behind the desk. They help me pick up my stuff from the room I was in as I wanted to get the hell out of this place. The manager paid my stay somewhere else for the next night.

• 4th Oct 2015

Great hostel with great staff :) I can recommend to stay there for longer - tanks for having a great time there! I will come back, visiting Cape Town next time

• 2nd Sep 2015

I'm an American backpacker who's been all over Europe, the USA, and southern Africa, usually on a shoestring budget. 33 South is a cool little hostel all about chilling out in Observatory. The staff are locals who are knowledgeable about the history of Cape Town as a city but also Observatory as a neighborhood - they know all of the good nearby spots. The Sunday township tour is EXCELLENT. The only issues I had were, for a longer stay, it feels a bit small (common room gets busy).

Great and friendly staff. Rooms, bathrooms and kitchen very well maintained and the heaters in the dorms are extra pleasant on a cold winter's night

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Zambia

It's really difficult to get hot water to shower.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

I will not recommend this establishment to anybody. The location is unsafe, parking is on the street, and the pictures on their website are overrated. Directions to the establishment were pathetic.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

Great hostel! Very clean, well decorated, and AWESOME staff. Felt like a home away from home.

• 20th Jun 2015