33 South Boutique Backpackers Reviews

48 Trill Rd, Observatory, Cape Town, South Africa

Great security and great staff ! Had really good moments with some of them ! However, in my 5 days stay, I NEVER had a warm shower... 5 days with cold water is a long time... As for the food, we've been stolen some of ours (goodbye Nutella :'( !) so be careful if you leave some food in the boxes next to the kitchen. Also, try to go early to the breakfast or all the muffins/banana bread will have been eaten already.

The bunk beds in some of the rooms need replacing due to old age or bad build quality. Power points for charging electrical items is also something that should be standard in a room. My room had nothing of the sort anywhere to be found. The hot water is not available at all hours and this can be highly annoying. I just ran the Two Oceans 56km Ultra Marathon and really needed a hot shower and I asked if management could do anything to change the rules for one day. Not very accomodating.

Lovely place with very friendly staff. Enjoyed my stat,will definately stay there again

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Zimbabwe

Had a great stay at 33 south. The staff are friendly and helpful and the facilities are neat and clean. Few bathrooms meant queueing on occasion. The thing we like best is the 24hr reception desk.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

Nice, staff and nice people.