33 South Boutique Backpackers Reviews

48 Trill Rd, Observatory, Cape Town, South Africa

Staff are all friendly, bbq is a fun idea but expensive. Internet was not always reliable. Everything was clean and the showers were good.

Watch out when you walk in the neighbourhooid at night, some homeless might approach you The bathroom is a little bit ridiculous where you might need to wipe the floor afterwards. I used the washer and dryer without knowing they are not for guest, and they got upset and charged me R55.

At approx 2 am in the night I was touched and woken up by a staff member with a erection. I got really scared and left the room to crash in the communal area (where I obviously didn't sleep as I was too traumatised). I was hoping to find someone at the desk but I didn't see anyone. At 5am someone got up from behind the desk. They help me pick up my stuff from the room I was in as I wanted to get the hell out of this place. The manager paid my stay somewhere else for the next night.

• 4th Oct 2015

Great hostel with great staff :) I can recommend to stay there for longer - tanks for having a great time there! I will come back, visiting Cape Town next time

• 2nd Sep 2015

I'm an American backpacker who's been all over Europe, the USA, and southern Africa, usually on a shoestring budget. 33 South is a cool little hostel all about chilling out in Observatory. The staff are locals who are knowledgeable about the history of Cape Town as a city but also Observatory as a neighborhood - they know all of the good nearby spots. The Sunday township tour is EXCELLENT. The only issues I had were, for a longer stay, it feels a bit small (common room gets busy).