33 South Boutique Backpackers Reviews

48 Trill Rd, Observatory, Cape Town, South Africa

Great and friendly staff. Rooms, bathrooms and kitchen very well maintained and the heaters in the dorms are extra pleasant on a cold winter's night

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Zambia

I will not recommend this establishment to anybody. The location is unsafe, parking is on the street, and the pictures on their website are overrated. Directions to the establishment were pathetic.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

Great hostel! Very clean, well decorated, and AWESOME staff. Felt like a home away from home.

• 20th Jun 2015

I have a wonderful stay at 33 South Backpackers. I felt welcomed and there are a lot of activities proposed. The hostel is not downtown, but in a very nice place in the city where there is a lot of restaurants.

We enjoyed our stay very much! I have never experienced a hostel this clean and was therefore very pleased with it. The booking however had worked out wrong as there is a mistake in the system that allows you to book a single bed for 2 persons while paying for 2. This is why we did not notice the mistake until upon arrival when there was only one bed reserved for my friend and me... However this problem was solved nicely and we enjoyed the rest of our stay a lot!

• 24th Apr 2015

Great security and great staff ! Had really good moments with some of them ! However, in my 5 days stay, I NEVER had a warm shower... 5 days with cold water is a long time... As for the food, we've been stolen some of ours (goodbye Nutella :'( !) so be careful if you leave some food in the boxes next to the kitchen. Also, try to go early to the breakfast or all the muffins/banana bread will have been eaten already.

The bunk beds in some of the rooms need replacing due to old age or bad build quality. Power points for charging electrical items is also something that should be standard in a room. My room had nothing of the sort anywhere to be found. The hot water is not available at all hours and this can be highly annoying. I just ran the Two Oceans 56km Ultra Marathon and really needed a hot shower and I asked if management could do anything to change the rules for one day. Not very accomodating.