36 ROOMS Berlin Kreuzberg Reviews

Spreewaldplatz 8, Berlin Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany

The room was big enough and clean. The location is great (5 min to Görlitzer station). Only drawback is you can hear footsteps from your room clearly as the building is old. It is a perfect choice if you are on a budget.

One of the worst hostels I've ever stayed in, it was like a halfway house. Absolutely no security or atmosphere and the staff are awful. On my last day the cleaner mopped the stairs, didn't put out a sign and I fell down the stairs with my bags in hand. The churlish woman behind the desk merely laughed at me and asked me what I wanted her to do. An apology would've been nice for starters! My back and knees are badly bruised and I'm now limping. I'll be following this up with the hostel again.

Paying in cash is uncomfortable.

• 30th Dec 2015

A good hostel in general, I was not there at the best of time for the clean side (New Year) but the staff got a pretty good job. Nice area to party and to see some street art. Staff very knowledgeable so do not hesitate to ask them where the cool things are.

Stayed here at the end of December and thoroughly enjoyed our time, staff were very friendly, beds were comfy, wifi was also pretty good! Would stay again 😊 The reception area is great for chilling out and having a few beers with your new hostel pals. Only issue was that the kitchen opening hours were a bit odd - closed between 12 and 3pm then after 7.30pm.

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Scotland

Friendly staff much appreciated

Amazing hostel. Only let down was the kitchen only had one bowl and a few plates. Everything else was wonderful though!

Actually I didn't sleep at all we, also you had a lot noisy guest they couldn't keep quite even afte midnight. So it was awful days for me and all my room mates. I'm sorry to say that, but I think you really want to know how was my stay. However, I wish you the best. Thanks for askin me Best regards

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Syria

I liked it a lot. ppl where also nice, I actually had some conversations instead of ppl constantly staring at their smartphones and tablets. Location is really good. Think I slept for about 3 hours in 3 days (that had nothing to do with the hostel though)

I really enjoyed my stay here! The staff was excellent, and there was a very friendly atmosphere. It would be nice if the kitchen would stay open later (seriously, who eats dinner by 7pm?) and if there were an extra curtain between the shower area and the door to the bathroom.

If you are kind of explorer, and want to see real spirit of Berlin, u should come in this hostel. It is almost in the center of Kreuzberg, u have about 10 minutes of walking. The staff in hostel is very polite, u can drink coffee for 0,50 € and tea for free. There is always someone in living room, so u can meet people from all over the world. They have strict rules, but they usually don't stick with them hardly. If you like quiet places, maybe this is not the best place for you.

Good location close to train shops resturants bars. Clean and cozy. Has a kitchen which is good but it's only open at certain times.

• 13th Oct 2015

the wifi really sucks here .... its not really good to use a free hotspot when you can put in place a real wifi.

great location. super friendly. would stay again for sure.

I had a great stay at 36 rooms, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful even though I caused them a few problems by staying in the wrong room really drunkenly. only issues I had was the lockers were abit strange and needed a larger padlock or 2 than I had so bring a quite large padlock if you need a secure place to store your stuff.

Staff were crazy rude except for one guy, the location is in a cool area but also a pretty unsafe area, an abundance of drugs available from the streets and also the hostel. All in all id stay again because of the falafel shop below.

I paid for a single room to myself and the wifi did not reach the room, a single room to yourself is a premium room in a hostel and I expect that the wireless should be able to reach it, also there were 3 staff on at the time of check in but only one of the m was checking in a queue of 10 or more people, I was told to sit down and wait and people who walked in and queued were then served before me, overall decent, what it said on the tin for 35 a night

• 15th Sep 2015

Excellent all round,

I wasn't informed, before checking in our coming at the hotel, that there wouldn't be a lock on the locker.

• 14th Sep 2015
  • Belgium

The hostel is generally clean and in a good location - you can reach all important places by train within roughly 20 - 30 minutes and it is only to stops from party district kreuzberg. what bothered me a bit was that the wifi was unreliable and there was no wifi in our room on the fourth floor. Also it seems like they only bothered to put room numbers on a few rooms, so you have to search your room and constantly get people attempting to open your door thinking it's their room.