36 ROOMS Berlin Kreuzberg Reviews

Spreewaldplatz 8, Berlin Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany

DO NOT STAY HERE. After years of traveling the world, and staying in countless hostels, I have to say this was possibly the worst. The area is dodgy. The staff are so rude, so incompetent, in fact nasty people (especially the guy on reception) - they all look like heroin addicts. Bathrooms disgusting. Not cleaned for 2-3 days!?! Zero atmosphere. Wifi doesn't work in rooms (she even told me this at check-in), works intermittently in lobby. Dirty sheets. Noisy. Gross. Horrible.

Well located, rooms are good, the kitchen just has very few stuff and also you are able to use that in a very weird schedule, for few nights it is not bad.

Lovely Hostel surrounded by great little cafes and just a walk from the station! I really liked the vibe of the place and the staff were really helpful in suggesting where to go/ helping with trains and all of that. I would recommend for anyone visiting Berlin!

• 4th Apr 2015

Overall this could be a nice place but the wifi didn't work outside of the lobby area despite there being a connection for each floor. The staff weren't willing to investigate this. Some staff were very helpful, some appeared dead behind the eyes. No soap in the bathrooms, the key wouldn't work in the outside door and the kettle and taps were both broken in the kitchen. In our room, the ceiling light was so dim it made no difference because two bulbs were out.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Very nice hostel with good atmosphère well located in the cool area of kreuzberg.

it was a very pleasant experience...i will come back!

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Spain

The best choice for 2015! :) Nothing to complain, but someone ate food we left in fridge :), but this is not the hostel thing :)

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Poland

First staff can't really speak German so they explained us everything in English. Rooms were terrible as well (it was 4 bed dorm). Beds looked liked 50 years old, the sheets were dirty and the smell of the room was just disgusting. There were no doubts that we won't stay in the room so we asked to give us the money back. The worst hostel experience of our lives!

It was very noisy in the hostel and I had difficulties sleeping while there was always something going on and people drinking until late in the morning. For good night sleep this is not the place to stay. The couple of guys at the reception desk were friendly and very helpful.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Finland

A very normal hostel. The wifi isn't very good in the rooms, but other than that I have no complaints.

The facilities are all quite old. The bunk bed is so low that we can't seat in the lower bed, only can lay down. Hostel is located in an area famous for hippie and young people, yet it doesn't give me a feel of safety on my first night there. During the day I feel safer though. If you want to stay here, please note it's not in the central Berlin, it's the suburb area. For people who are young and like partying, maybe it will be a good place.

The locations is too poor, is near a point of drug dealers, so be aware, the price that I paid was good enough, the showers and toilet was a little bit confused they signals of male and female was almost impossible to see.

Perfect for a party-oriented weekend trip or even a slightly longer stay. Great nightclubs situated within walking distance. Lidl is close aswell.

It was a pleasant stay, nothing to complain, clean rooms, nice staff, great location.

• 4th Dec 2014