36 ROOMS Berlin Kreuzberg Reviews

Spreewaldplatz 8, Berlin Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany

We had a really good stay in 36 Rooms but the kitchen opening hours (6am-12pm, 3pm-7.30pm) were awkward and annoying, and the showers were a bit grubby. However great people, great location and great atmosphere and would stay here again

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Northern Ireland

I had such a great time in kreuzberg and none of it had to do with 36 Rooms. Starting with check-in which was cold, slow, and uninformative. My girl and I got a private room which means we stayed on the 5th floor--six steep flights of stairs to a stuffy room every time we wanted to grab something or change clothes. As many of the previous reviews mention, the WIFI is spotty to non-existent. In fact, I never once got the actually "36 Rooms" hotspot to work.

previous bed occupant did not collect their bed sheets upon leaving and by 7 pm nobody had inspected the room to discover this. upon informing the receptionist that all beds were taken, she explained but left me to change sheets. which is fine, but then I discovered there was no Internet coverage in the room. or on the hallway. only a hotpot covering the reception area, poorly. upon asking for my money back, the boss came and explained my reasons weren't good enough. lost money and time

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Romania

place lacked that hostel buzz

Great for your money, great atmosphere, great location. Kreuzberg is the best, cheap food and great partying, what more could you ask for? Make sure you lock your stuff, there was a break in while I was there. (Basically anyone can just buzz in). But I would definitely book here again!

There are only two showers, and they are quiet small. BUt they were always clean. But there were nice rooms and clean. I liked it and I can recommend it.

Stay was good, but I had money stolen while here, and the lockers did not lock.

• 15th Jun 2015

My friend and I were a little hesitant about staying here after seeing a few negative reviews but I'm so glad that I stayed here. There was a nice vibe to the place and it was clean. We also met some really nice people. We stayed in an 8 bed mixed dorm for one night, we wish that we had stayed for longer.

• 11th Jun 2015

Kreuzberg is a neighborhood full of young people, bar and pubs, easy to reach by metro from the city centre but it can be a little scary and dangerous for a girl alone to walk during the night from the metro stop to the hostel. Big rooms, very clean, comfortable beds, tea for free and coffe for 50 cents in the morning. Note that it has 5 floors without elevator if you have an heavy luggage. I couldn't connect to the wifi from the rooms, only at the reception.

This is the worst hostel I have seen after be in nine other countries on this trip. Terrible location, I never felt safe. I checked out without ever actually staying a night and moved to a different hostel.

No internet connection, no lift,not so good neighbourhood, expensive for small rooms, you have to walk the stairs, not so really enough staff, for me location very close to my event. I booked the last moment otherwise would have chosen a more suitable hostel. Loud speaking members next rooms at night that wake you up .

the best location. next to the best clubs and a nice great park to relax. the beds were very nice for the cheap price you pay. nice staff and fast wifi. really recommend this place. especially if you want to go out a lot. you get a key and get in whenever you want. next to a lidl (supermarket) and metro station and a lot of little food restaurant. both cheap and expensive.

Bummed that wifi did not work in my room.

• 17th May 2015

DO NOT STAY HERE. After years of traveling the world, and staying in countless hostels, I have to say this was possibly the worst. The area is dodgy. The staff are so rude, so incompetent, in fact nasty people (especially the guy on reception) - they all look like heroin addicts. Bathrooms disgusting. Not cleaned for 2-3 days!?! Zero atmosphere. Wifi doesn't work in rooms (she even told me this at check-in), works intermittently in lobby. Dirty sheets. Noisy. Gross. Horrible.

A very good hostel overall. The staff were friendly and nice. The atmosphere was also good too. Would definitely come back and recommend this hostel to my friends.

Well located, rooms are good, the kitchen just has very few stuff and also you are able to use that in a very weird schedule, for few nights it is not bad.

Lovely Hostel surrounded by great little cafes and just a walk from the station! I really liked the vibe of the place and the staff were really helpful in suggesting where to go/ helping with trains and all of that. I would recommend for anyone visiting Berlin!

• 4th Apr 2015

Overall this could be a nice place but the wifi didn't work outside of the lobby area despite there being a connection for each floor. The staff weren't willing to investigate this. Some staff were very helpful, some appeared dead behind the eyes. No soap in the bathrooms, the key wouldn't work in the outside door and the kettle and taps were both broken in the kitchen. In our room, the ceiling light was so dim it made no difference because two bulbs were out.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Very nice hostel with good atmosphère well located in the cool area of kreuzberg.

it was a very pleasant experience...i will come back!

• 23rd Mar 2015