36 ROOMS Berlin Kreuzberg Reviews

Spreewaldplatz 8, Berlin Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany

Pretty cool place with a good atmosphere. Easy to socialise and make friends. Although the place was let down by the ridiculously short kitchen times, closing at 19:30 and their strict no outside alcohol in the hostel. All in all though a good location a short walk to the major clubs and river.

The vibe of the hostel is so great! It's a cool old building with wooden floors and appropriate furniture. However the cleanliness was poor. On the second floor there was no signs on the bathroom doors that separated the bus from the girls and even though I repeatedly asked reception to make new signs, they didn't. The kitchen of the hostel is tiny and they locked it up at 7.30 pm, which was way too soon, considering the people trying to use it and the size of the kitchen.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

I really enjoyed staying in Industriepalast Hostel. Last year when i was in Berlin i stayed there so i chose to stay for the second time. Hostel is extremely clean if i compare it to the other hostels i stayed in. I would definitely recommend there. But bad stuff happens at the same time, a few clothes of mine got stolen. :( take care of your stuff and use the lockers.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Turkey

Great location, everything else was mediocre

Decent amenities--lockers in rooms, decent breakfast, good wifi. The location is slightly out of the "downtown" part of Prague, but it's such a small place walking is no burden (about a 15 minute walk to the Old Square, 20 minutes to Charles Bridge)

Staff was not very friendly. In a decent neighborhood for young people who want to go out to bars or clubbing but super sketchy areas all around. Good if you just need a place to sleep, but facilities were older and the bathrooms had mold.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Front door doesn't actually lock and having to lock the dorm room when you left the room meant a lot of people forgot to do it. Location was great, in a really funky area of berlin. There wasn't really areas to meet a lot of people and the outdoor area where you could smoke didn't have many chairs. Kitchen hours are ridiculous. From 7-12 it is opened, closed from 12-3 and opened again until 7. Seems the main times one would cook it was closed. Too many people when it was open for a small area.

Nice place to stay in a characteristic area. Nearby a number of various restaurants and an S-Bahn station. Very friendly and helpful staff. Private bathrooms are sort of okay for the price, but still the shower drain was clogged and the shower head has seen better times. The hotel itselff is overall clean. Many young people from different countroes are staying there, which adds to a nice vibe. No complaints, a good place, especially considering money to value.

Great place. Rustic, Cozy, Minimal, exactly what you want.

• 10th Jul 2015

no towels for few days,no fan no ac,no fridge, no mirrow in the rooms. stuff not so helpfull shared kitchen close part of the time good location

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Israel

Good position,good price,recommendable

We had a really good stay in 36 Rooms but the kitchen opening hours (6am-12pm, 3pm-7.30pm) were awkward and annoying, and the showers were a bit grubby. However great people, great location and great atmosphere and would stay here again

I had such a great time in kreuzberg and none of it had to do with 36 Rooms. Starting with check-in which was cold, slow, and uninformative. My girl and I got a private room which means we stayed on the 5th floor--six steep flights of stairs to a stuffy room every time we wanted to grab something or change clothes. As many of the previous reviews mention, the WIFI is spotty to non-existent. In fact, I never once got the actually "36 Rooms" hotspot to work.

previous bed occupant did not collect their bed sheets upon leaving and by 7 pm nobody had inspected the room to discover this. upon informing the receptionist that all beds were taken, she explained but left me to change sheets. which is fine, but then I discovered there was no Internet coverage in the room. or on the hallway. only a hotpot covering the reception area, poorly. upon asking for my money back, the boss came and explained my reasons weren't good enough. lost money and time

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Romania

place lacked that hostel buzz

Great for your money, great atmosphere, great location. Kreuzberg is the best, cheap food and great partying, what more could you ask for? Make sure you lock your stuff, there was a break in while I was there. (Basically anyone can just buzz in). But I would definitely book here again!

There are only two showers, and they are quiet small. BUt they were always clean. But there were nice rooms and clean. I liked it and I can recommend it.

Stay was good, but I had money stolen while here, and the lockers did not lock.

My friend and I were a little hesitant about staying here after seeing a few negative reviews but I'm so glad that I stayed here. There was a nice vibe to the place and it was clean. We also met some really nice people. We stayed in an 8 bed mixed dorm for one night, we wish that we had stayed for longer.

• 11th Jun 2015

Kreuzberg is a neighborhood full of young people, bar and pubs, easy to reach by metro from the city centre but it can be a little scary and dangerous for a girl alone to walk during the night from the metro stop to the hostel. Big rooms, very clean, comfortable beds, tea for free and coffe for 50 cents in the morning. Note that it has 5 floors without elevator if you have an heavy luggage. I couldn't connect to the wifi from the rooms, only at the reception.