36 ROOMS Berlin Kreuzberg Reviews

Spreewaldplatz 8, Berlin Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany

The facilities are all quite old. The bunk bed is so low that we can't seat in the lower bed, only can lay down. Hostel is located in an area famous for hippie and young people, yet it doesn't give me a feel of safety on my first night there. During the day I feel safer though. If you want to stay here, please note it's not in the central Berlin, it's the suburb area. For people who are young and like partying, maybe it will be a good place.

The locations is too poor, is near a point of drug dealers, so be aware, the price that I paid was good enough, the showers and toilet was a little bit confused they signals of male and female was almost impossible to see.

Perfect for a party-oriented weekend trip or even a slightly longer stay. Great nightclubs situated within walking distance. Lidl is close aswell.

It was a pleasant stay, nothing to complain, clean rooms, nice staff, great location.

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Turkey

I stayed in one of the single rooms for 2 nights. The room was private, which is what I wanted for this trip; I barely bumped into anyone while exiting and entering the hostel and going to the toilet/showers. The room was clean and airy with the only noise coming from outside. If I had wanted more of a 'community' feel I probably would have stayed in a larger hostel as most of the people staying here already seemed to be in groups.

• 10th Nov 2014

I stayed in a 8 people room. The bathroom was a mess and the beds and mattresses are in really bad shape and dirty. The aspect of the hostel make you think like it is abandoned.

This hostel had a really awesome atmosphere in a stellar location. When I walked in there was a bunch of people chilling on the stairs and they all welcomed me in. I also left one of my bags in one of the washrooms that was open to the rest of the floor and I came back the next day and it was left untouched which was awesome. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, I would definitely come back next time I'm in Berlin.

This place has potential to be a really cool hostel. The location is close enough to a metro station to make it accessible but if you are uncomfortable with being approached by strangers to buy things then this area is not for you. It has a cool vibe inside and the staff were really nice, but the rooms and beds leave something to be desired. And the washrooms are below average in cleanliness in my opinion. For the price you can stay at a nicer hostel with better location and facilities.

Really cool old building ( though there is a lot of stairs and no elevator) off of Goerlitzer Park. 5 minutes from the u-bahn with really clean facilities. you can smoke in the stairwell, and we had a toke out our 4th story window, go to Goerlitzer park for smoke. Great experience here, would recommend!!

I have booked this hostel because of its good location and low price without previously checking any reviews. Then I read reviews and was horrified reading that this place has rude staff and dirty rooms. I wasn't bother to change so I checked in with my own pillow just in case. I have to say that my exparience was opposite. I had private double room. Room was simple but sunny with very comfortable double bed (not two single put together) with fresh clean sheets. Staff was nice and helpful.

• 27th Sep 2014

It was very dirty i had food on my blanket ...and blood Stains...!!! The toilet is very far ! And the kitchen is Beyond horrible .

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

Good place, easy to meet other backpackers, good location, loads of bars and places to eat and clean. The nearby station has a few bad characters, could be intimidating to some people, but i never felt unsafe. People smoked alot in the stairwell which meant you could smell a lot of smoke in the building, something i personally hate.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Bedding were very bad.

It was ok overall, facilitity rooms were a bit cold, there was not even paper or something at the sinks to dry your hands... At least the building is nice and the hostel is well situated, it's really ok if you don't have to high expectations.

Cool place to stay in a cool neighborhood.

quiet. private room really not worth the money. dirty sheets. good location.

• 8th Sep 2014

Hostel is centrally located in the heart of Kreuzberg, Berlin's hippest neighborhood. When we arrived, we were greeted by the staff and were allowed to leave our baggage before check-in time, no problem. I stayed there in a private room at first and then in a dorm bed, and for both experiences, everything was super clean and organized. Right next door to a great cafe and the park. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it for anyone looking to stay close to the cool shops, restaurants, etc.

Wifi needs improvement.

• 31st Aug 2014

Hostel was nice and clean and the staff on the first 2 days were friendly. Only complaint is we were told we could have a late check out when requested as the room wasn't booked for the next day, but that didn't happen and we had to rush to pack and leave without time to even have a shower!

• 11th Aug 2014

Stayed in a single room. Nice clean room, comfortable bed. No noise. Value for money. :-)

• 4th Aug 2014