37 Collingham Place Reviews

37 Collingham Place, London, England

Have you ever wanted to experience what London was like during the Blitz? Come to 37 Collingham place. Locks off doors, Water cold and barely functioning, absolutely no atmosphere and terrible decor. The only thing going for this place is that it was located right by Earl's court, meaning the ability to leave as quickly as possible by tube was there.

We arrived at this hotel and the employees took a few min to arrive. We checked in and were given a room at the top floor (level 5). And it wasn't a penthouse and there are no lifts. Given it was a room for 5 people, we all had a bunch of luggage so you can imagine the great workout we got carrying 50 lbs of luggage without any help from the staff. Once we arrived into the room, we realized it was pretty dirty, the refrigerator was broken, and nails were scattered through the doors/walls.

• 15th Dec 2013

If all members of staff were professional and considerate would be much better, otherwise ok...

The hostel/hotel was perfect for what we were after for a few of us staying for a Stag Weekend. While the room was a tad tired, the beds were clean and changed daily. The shower was pretty pants, but it was a small price to pay for a place to stay so close to a main tube station for the money paid. This is a good place to stay if you're only using the room to sleep in and not really spending any time in there.

• 22nd Nov 2013

Good location, with nice staff - some of the 'extras' can be broken - once the hot water wasn't working in shower, however usually it's good. I would go back...

No luggage storage, no Cable TV working, no wifi signal in room, add 3% more to pay by credit card, no toilet paper, defintly the value for money is very poor.

We stayed in a double private ensuite. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The bathroom was ok, the shower was very good but there wasn't many space to move inside the box. Just on the night it was a little bit noisy, so I wouldn't recomend for light sleepers. But the hostel is close to hyde park, and it's a 7 minutes walk to Gloucester Road tube Station, where you can get a tube to most of the places in London.

Well located. Didn't feel or look very clean. Bed clothes seemed clean though. Shabby throughout. Got a good night sleep. Well located and cheap.

• 11th Jun 2013

This is a simple but safe place to stay. It's not a hostel so don't expect the edgy character of hostel life, but for a cheap hotel it's one of the best I've stayed in. It's safe, basic but has private toilet and showers, kitchens in the room and is in an amazing location. I will certainly stay there again.

My friend and I booked a private room that would normally fit 5 people for £70 for the night. While I probably wouldn't reccomend squeezing 5 adults into this room it would have been more than adequate for a family with children, and was perfect for the 2 of us. En-suite bathroom, mini fridge, kitchenette, two double beds: in earls court?! You can't beat that for the price in such a nice area- believe me. The staff was friendly and while its not the ritz it's definitely quite a good bargain!

• 26th May 2013

The room was covered in mould. It's was incredibly noisy both with trains and with the staff in the morning. The shower also didn't work properly. The only good thing about this place is the location.

• 6th Nov 2012

Positive= Location and staff, Negative= The room for 4 people was on the basement floor, bad smell, dirty linen, quite old, broken furniture. I run out of words to continue describing the experience. The whole place needs WORKS, so I dont recomend this place, there are better hostels in London for the same price.

• 23rd Apr 2012
  • Spain

Much better in the area for slightly more - this old place had no breakfast, wifi and the window to our ground floor bedroom had no locks - do yourself a favour and steer clear

Absolutely horrible!!! The whole hostel is a scam! The “manager” had made a double booking and he blamed Hostelworld and us for the mistake. He also informed us that if we accuse him he will leave us to the streets in the night. After a long conversation he gave us a crappy room, which didn`t even have a properly working toilet. We later found out from Hostelworld that it was the hostels fault, and the manager was lying to us the whole time. Never, ever take a room from this hostel!

• 21st Mar 2012
  • Finland

The Hostel is in good place, in my opnion what is missing is the breakfast. My roon was number 4, this roon is very noisy, because is near from reception.

• 20th Feb 2012

Love the excellent location. Easily accessible to numerous restaurants and underground station. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Definitely worth the money. Glad I ditched a previous hotel booking (and lost $500 due to its reputation for bedbugs) and found 37 Collingham Place.

This is a new venture for the staff and they seem to be working to make a go of it. Any time we had a request, they worked to respond. Friendly.

• 17th Nov 2011

The state of the shower couldve been better but otherwise a pretty decent hotel with a smily staff. Didnt like the fact that the hotel did not offer hand soap tho. All the best for the future!

• 29th Oct 2011
  • Finland

Only positives are location and price. When we arrived I was told right away that their credit card machine had not arrived and I would have to pay cash up front. This immediately made me uneasy. The check in person was very off-putting and did not help to make me feel secure and safe. He even showed me his bookings with names of people in other rooms. The room itself was ok. The windows were very thin. Toilet seat was not secured. No soap. Fairly unclean in general.

• 20th Oct 2011

GOOD LOCATION AND NICE STUFF.

• 19th Oct 2011