4 Friends Hostel Reviews

28 Lipca 1943 r. 8A, Krakow, Poland

Probably the best customer service I've ever received in a hotel, let alone a hostel. The front desk girl, I think it was justina, helped us with EVERYTHING. She was so sweet, patient, pleasant and so attentive. She booked our Auschwitz tour. Called taxis for us, and really made our stay so amazing. I can't even elaborate how great she was and that's saying alot from me since I work in a huge company in the states and we strive for the best care and customer serve in our industry. Thank you!

• 23rd Aug 2015

Our main problem with this hostel is that its really out of the way. This is very unclear in the description however going back to read it it does say that the hostel is ten minutes from the center, but it means by bus and not by walking. If you want to experience the nightlife of krakow this hostel is not suitable as there are no night buses and the taxi back is quite expensive as its quite far away. However it seems great for families and day people because it is in such a quiet location.

• 23rd Aug 2015

thank you very much for the great fun !!!!!

Our room was over run with insects! And we had no electricity during the night and in the morning we told the staff and she said "I can't deal with this now" and just Walked out... The room was not what we expected from the website it was in the same area as the washing machines and staff storage.. Breakfast was poor meats and cheeses just out on plates even tho it was 37C outside We asked about a discount when we left and was given 10% but I think we should of been offered this.

• 14th Aug 2015

Nice, clean rooms and the staff is very kindly and helpful.

• 10th Aug 2015

Perfect if you are in Krakow and are not looking to party. The backyard area is quiet and relaxing. Most of the other guests are Polish people not tourists and they go to sleep and wake up early. Good breakfast. No lockers unfortunately, and the bus trip is the only inconvenience. Good luck figuring out how to get bus tickets, I was told to buy a ticket from the driver and they usually just ignore you, only once did they let me buy a ticket. Oh well I got to ride for free because of that system.

Good helpful staff, quite a cramped hostel but had heaps of outdoor space for watching and drinking. Really enjoyed our stay

Staff can make or break your hostel, 4friends hostel nailed it! Here they know everything about the area, they go above and beyond to make your stay a great experience. Rooms are cosy but our dorm and private had an ensuite. We loved it so much we booked extra nights! Wifi is fast, location 10 min drive. Small shop nearby with cold beers, close to swimming holes. No stove in kitchen but huge bbq makes it up for it! Easy to park, safe quiet area, good travellers. Thanks Augustine for everything!

We stayed in the 4 couples part (private rooms) - hard to believe it is a hostel! Loved our stay here and even extended our stay a night. Staff were brilliant and so helpful!!! Would definitely stay again.

• 5th Aug 2015

Best hostel we've been to so far. With the exception of our ridiculously rude roommates, the hostel was perfect. Free full breakfast. Wonderful staff. They allowed us to check in early and pay later as our bank accounts had been frozen. They also did our laundry for free. It's a little far from the city, but worth it.

Hostel was great. Very modern/new with a relaxed atmosphere. Not too close to the city, but easily accessible by bus (15/20min). Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I arrived late Sunday evening and there was nowhere open to buy food, so one of the staff members made me a sandwich!

Great place bit out of town but right on bus line, clean friendly staff, what more can one want. Can get good night sleep since not in town so a party hostel but still has nice courtyards can enjoy drinks ect..

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. They took our laundry and did it for us! The room and ensuite were comfortable and very clean. The buffet breakfast was great too. The only downside is that it is about a 15 minute bus ride out of the city centre but the buses are very frequent and if you want to go out then even in the early hours of the morning there's a bus every hour.

A nice place, a little out of the way though. Our room with two bunks was cramped,luckily there were only two of us in the room. The dining area was cramped with too many tables and chairs. The breakfast was great and the outdoor veranda was great for eating and the back patio had lots of nice seating for a relaxing evening.

Very helpful staff, great breakfast, nice room :)

The hostel is located outside the city in a village area so you must take a bus for 10-20 minutes to reach the city and the bus will not drive very often after 11 pm. Besides the average location, this hostel was a really nice place to stay in. The staff was really friendly and I felt completely safe all the time. Breakfast is included in the price. Maybe this was just about timing, but I did not feel this was a backpack-style hostel. It was most families and not young people.

I had a nice and pleasant stay in this place, the staff was kind and helpful, and breakfast was good. Perfect if you want to be away from (sometimes) noisy and too-much-party-and-too-many-tourists city centre. However, is well located (20 minutes approx. from city centre and main train station, close to most of things to do and visit in Kraków) and nearby are restaurants, shops, bakeries, and even stalls to buy fresh vegetables and fruits.

Really good hostel. Recommend

The accommodation at their basement is too squeezed everywhere, domatory, WC, bathroom

This hostel is clean and very comfortable. Breakfasts were awesome.... Cereal, cheese, ham, bread and more. There are supermarkets and shops close by and the bus stop is just around the corner. It's about a twenty min bus trip, it's an easy trip but it is a bit far out. I would stay here again.