4 Friends Hostel Reviews

28 Lipca 1943 r. 8A, Krakow, Poland

Comfortable beds and a very kind staff

• 2nd Feb 2016
  • Spain

The location isn't much of a problem and it's quiet, has shops around and regular bus to the city center. The staff was ok and helpful. The place lack the warm atmosphere but is nice if you like to be left alone.

The best hostel in Kraków!! Nice room, clean room. Very nice and helpful staff. The breakfast was very very delicious.

• 27th Dec 2015

Everything was excellent. Breakfast was also delicious. the only thing that wasn't really convenient was the location. The hostel is a little far from the centre and the buses do not accept cash only credit cards.

Mattresses were lumpy, the "curtain" was a mosquito net that let in all light and made getting changed uncomfortable and the showerhead was old and broken. The hostel is far away from the train station and out in what seems like a dodgy part of town. You can hear the TV and people talking and climbing stairs at all hours. Breakfast was weird, but free. The staff were really nice and helpful by changing our booking last minute free of charge and gave us phone directions when we couldn't find it.

It's really out of the way but people with cars have no choice when it comes to parking. The public transport from there to the city is quite painful. Staff were ok. I would have rated them low on the scale if one hadn't helped me when I had a phone crisis. Breakfast was just weird. Free though so can't complain. Room had enquire which was nice. There is one working power point in the room. Aside from that, there wasn't really a vibe to speak of, but not a horrible place to sleep.

I was impressed The staff is okay The breakfast excellent and plenty to eat. The area is perfect calm with shops around if there is a problem it should be the hostel is not right in the middle of the city center therefore transport is assured Big well done

4 Friends Hostel is a GREAT value! Staff are excellent, and will help with any inquiries you have. A lot of effort is put into ensuring guests feel confident exploring Kraków and its surrounding area. Cleanliness could be enhanced, but it wasn't bad... Just a little dusty. The only drawback is really the location, although again, not bad. Cute neighbourhood near plenty of shops/bakery's, and the bus takes 15 minutes to get to Old Kraków. Would 100% stay here again!!!

This hostel is a 20-30 minute bus ride from city center and is a pain to get to. And then you have to pay the bus fare everyday because there is nothing nearby. The Wi-Fi didn't work in the room or in the common area and the room smelt like mold and was freezing. I ended up checking out early . found much beterbetter hostel in city center for about the same price.

Really great Staff :-) Huge and tasty breakfast :-) Recommended Highly!

This B&B was great for a stop over, great value for money. However it is a fair distance from the city and only surface clean. I would stay here again if I just needed somewhere to stop over in Kraków

4 Friends Hostel was ideal for our stopover in Kraków. Parking was exactly what we needed, travelling as a large group in three minibuses. The staff where very friendly & helpful. I would definitely being returning to this hostel again next year.

Great hostel for people who value peaceful neighbourhood. Plenty of parking for guests with vehicles, and for those without, the city is not far by public transport.

Probably the best customer service I've ever received in a hotel, let alone a hostel. The front desk girl, I think it was justina, helped us with EVERYTHING. She was so sweet, patient, pleasant and so attentive. She booked our Auschwitz tour. Called taxis for us, and really made our stay so amazing. I can't even elaborate how great she was and that's saying alot from me since I work in a huge company in the states and we strive for the best care and customer serve in our industry. Thank you!

• 23rd Aug 2015

Our main problem with this hostel is that its really out of the way. This is very unclear in the description however going back to read it it does say that the hostel is ten minutes from the center, but it means by bus and not by walking. If you want to experience the nightlife of krakow this hostel is not suitable as there are no night buses and the taxi back is quite expensive as its quite far away. However it seems great for families and day people because it is in such a quiet location.

• 23rd Aug 2015

thank you very much for the great fun !!!!!

Our room was over run with insects! And we had no electricity during the night and in the morning we told the staff and she said "I can't deal with this now" and just Walked out... The room was not what we expected from the website it was in the same area as the washing machines and staff storage.. Breakfast was poor meats and cheeses just out on plates even tho it was 37C outside We asked about a discount when we left and was given 10% but I think we should of been offered this.

• 14th Aug 2015

Nice, clean rooms and the staff is very kindly and helpful.

• 10th Aug 2015

Perfect if you are in Krakow and are not looking to party. The backyard area is quiet and relaxing. Most of the other guests are Polish people not tourists and they go to sleep and wake up early. Good breakfast. No lockers unfortunately, and the bus trip is the only inconvenience. Good luck figuring out how to get bus tickets, I was told to buy a ticket from the driver and they usually just ignore you, only once did they let me buy a ticket. Oh well I got to ride for free because of that system.

Good helpful staff, quite a cramped hostel but had heaps of outdoor space for watching and drinking. Really enjoyed our stay