4 Friends Reviews

Piazza del Ponticello, 1, Palermo, Italy

There is no air conditioning, just two fans that blow hot air around the room and it gets extremely hot I the rooms. The atmosphere is also very tense because the owner gets pretty aggravated at the most random things. The only plus is that she gives you a map with detailed info and cool spots to visit. Overall, I wouldn't stay here again.

Such a great friendly place where you immediately feel at home. I felt close to the other guests after only seconds!! Veronica was as helpful as possible and it was really lovely to hang out in the hostel as well as exoring Palermo. The only ONE thing is that the bed mattress covers were a little hard to sleep on. Overall HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Especially for younger people looking for likeminded travellers.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Veronica was a lovely host. We were mildly concerned due to some reviews saying "bi-polar" nature but found them to be untrue. When we first arrived she gave us the low-down of the entire area (and a map) including restaurants and landmarks as well as gave us day-trip ideas and travel advice. The place is well-maintained and she obviously cares about her job. Would stay again.

We had a really great time in Palermo. The hostel was perfect and Veronika is a very nice host! She tells you everything about Palermo and also other cities in Sicilia and you also get a map, where she shows you the best places to visit! If you have any questions, you can always ask her! :) The hostel has a nice atmosphere and we felt comfortable since we arrived. It's a perfect hostel if you want to visit and enjoy Sicilia!

Veronica was an amazing host. She not only gave me great tips for Palermo, but for Rome as well. The location is perfect, walking distance to everything and easy to find. Facilities are basic however it is a very comfortable and relaxed hostel that i would go to again.

Had an amazing time :-)

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

Easily the best hostel ever! Helped so much with everything. Definitely recommend.

The hostel was great because Veronica is great. Well taken care of house.

• 5th Jun 2015

Pretty close to the Train-Bus Station and in the middle of the city. Good tips were provided by the staff.

i really love this place, i felt like in home, is clean, close to everything veronica was the best host that i have ever! since the first day she was very helpful, she always take care to generate a great atmosphere so you can meet the other people that are staying there and hang out or if you want, make some meal to share with the other people who are there. it was a very good experience, thanks vero!!!

It was an amazing hostel, possibly my favorite I've been to, and Veronica was the best host i could've asked for. Definitely stay here if you have the chance to come to Palermo!

• 2nd Jun 2015

The hostel situates in the centre of the city but in a little chaos zone. At night it is noisy outside. The first night in my room there were some bad educated person returned very late at night and were continuing talking and joking in the room. In general, you cannot leave your luggage more than one hour after you check out, but you could ask Veronica's special permission. Kitchen need 1€ to use, but as the rate is very low, it is acceptable.

The woman who owned the place was the most unpolite person I've ever met at a hostel. Then we also weren' aloud to use the kitchen since we only stayed one night. We would not go there again.

• 27th May 2015
  • Sweden

After 3 days of wonderful hospitality, Veronica flipped a switch and suddenly made us and other guests feel extremely unwelcome. At first she encouraged us to use the kitchen (no mention of having to pay), play games, and hang out in the common room. She then yelled at us for doing these things and asked my friend and I to buy her more coffee, sugar, and oil. She is very flip floppy in things that she offers. Without this mistreatment, I would say it's a great hostel and would recommend it.

Ok for a short stay, it's in a sketchy area and a bit confusing to get to. The owner, Veronica, can be nice and welcoming but just as easily the opposite. For instance, she offered coffee but on my last day said the guests had to buy more coffee and oil. I also heard her say to new guests that they could not use the kitchen if staying only for one night. If you stay here, set clear boundaries. I'd recommend going somewhere where you know what you're paying for. This place is weird and basic.

Had a great time at 4 friends Veronica is amazing :) She really cares about the people staying with her. I was ill for one of the days I was there and she made me ginger tea and gave me cake! Can't really say fairer than that

• 23rd May 2015

the hostel was okay but the beds weren't particularly comfortable and I didnt really like turning up late at night. The host is fairly nice but came into the room and turned the light on at half eleven when I was trying to sleep which I didn't appreciate!

The girls is very nice and gives good advices! Very well located, near the train and everything! I would recommende it!

4 Friends is fantastic! It is honestly a great place for solo travelers to meet others, especially with Veronica's suggestions and advice on how to explore Palermo. Veronica makes you feel at home and is a wonderful hostess! She truly does so much to help make the most of your Palermo experience. This is a great hostel for a variety of reasons, but the unfortunate part is about security. The hostel itself is safe, but the crowds at night near the hostel are a bit worrisome.

I am from Greece and i have the opportunity to stay in the island of Sicily for two months..I have already visit Palermo twice and stayed in 4 friends hostel ..Me and my friends we had great time but for us it was easier walking the city since Veronica (the girl who takes care of Hostel) gave us a map with many places underlined!! !!!

• 23rd Apr 2015