4 Star Hostel Piccadilly London Reviews

91 Jermyn Street, Westminster, London, London, England

The common lounge is nothing but a Russian restaurant turning into a club with very loud music at some point in the evening, so it might not be the most comfortable place to chill after one day of hard sightseeing. In addition, as there are no lockers in the rooms, the only way of keeping items safe is to leave them at the reception. However, it is only open from 11 am on, which leads to an evident safety problem when leaving early in the morning. Finally, some staff were extremely rude to me.

The only facilities is the use of internet and a computer available for this purpouse. The cleaness of the rooms is poor. The real good point is the hostels location, in the centre of London, but is not enough, if you think that the reception is available only in specifc time during the day and so on with other services.

• 22nd Jul 2014

The staff do the absolute bare minimum to help make your stay enjoyable. There is no fridge/mini kitchen area, water pressure in the showers is virtually non existent and this may sound petty but the door to my dorm room was squeaky enough to wake me up every time someone came in or out through the night - if u want a half descent sleep at night I do not recommend this hostel. I don't know where three or the four stars come from...

• 16th Jul 2014

Thanks for the comments. We are a budget style accommodation offering just a bed, hot showers, wifi and everything on your doorstep. We have kept it like this to keep cost low for guests to be able to visit London. The stars do not stand for any awards - It is just the name chosen for the hostel. We are sorry to hear overall that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. The Team

THIS SHACK/PIG STY IS DISGUSTING. Firstly, the lady at reception was so rude. She humiliated me and made me feel stupid when I asked her a question. She accused me of "not listening" to her earlier. They have tropical parrots, in the reception, locked up. The beds ARE NOT changed daily. IF EVER. One communal bathroom for 50 people, the showers have glass doors. Not private at all. There is nowhere to sit/eat/use wifi in the hostel. You must go down to the Russian Resteraunt for that. FILTH

• 2nd Jul 2014

Thank you for your comments - Our staff if anything went out of her way on your check In. You was very annoyed on arrival and was not happy at all because we was going to put you in a Mixed dorm which you had clearly booked. However after taking time to move around the dorms we managed to give you a bed in a all female dorm with all female facilities like toilets and showers at no extra cost. All beds are cleaned and changed for each guest. You can sit/eat/wifi near the main reception area.

All of the lockers had broken lock mechanisms, so couldn't use a padlock to shut them, and concierge didn't care when I asked why. Had to leave everything in the reception that only opened after 11am. Showers were horrid

• 10th May 2014
  • Wales

I've been there for few days it wasn't bad, good position easy to reach principal attraction .