4 Star Hostel Piccadilly London Reviews

91 Jermyn Street, Westminster, London, London, England

The common lounge is nothing but a Russian restaurant turning into a club with very loud music at some point in the evening, so it might not be the most comfortable place to chill after one day of hard sightseeing. In addition, as there are no lockers in the rooms, the only way of keeping items safe is to leave them at the reception. However, it is only open from 11 am on, which leads to an evident safety problem when leaving early in the morning. Finally, some staff were extremely rude to me.

The only facilities is the use of internet and a computer available for this purpouse. The cleaness of the rooms is poor. The real good point is the hostels location, in the centre of London, but is not enough, if you think that the reception is available only in specifc time during the day and so on with other services.

• 22nd Jul 2014

The staff do the absolute bare minimum to help make your stay enjoyable. There is no fridge/mini kitchen area, water pressure in the showers is virtually non existent and this may sound petty but the door to my dorm room was squeaky enough to wake me up every time someone came in or out through the night - if u want a half descent sleep at night I do not recommend this hostel. I don't know where three or the four stars come from...

• 16th Jul 2014

Thanks for the comments. We are a budget style accommodation offering just a bed, hot showers, wifi and everything on your doorstep. We have kept it like this to keep cost low for guests to be able to visit London. The stars do not stand for any awards - It is just the name chosen for the hostel. We are sorry to hear overall that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. The Team

THIS SHACK/PIG STY IS DISGUSTING. Firstly, the lady at reception was so rude. She humiliated me and made me feel stupid when I asked her a question. She accused me of "not listening" to her earlier. They have tropical parrots, in the reception, locked up. The beds ARE NOT changed daily. IF EVER. One communal bathroom for 50 people, the showers have glass doors. Not private at all. There is nowhere to sit/eat/use wifi in the hostel. You must go down to the Russian Resteraunt for that. FILTH

• 2nd Jul 2014

Thank you for your comments - Our staff if anything went out of her way on your check In. You was very annoyed on arrival and was not happy at all because we was going to put you in a Mixed dorm which you had clearly booked. However after taking time to move around the dorms we managed to give you a bed in a all female dorm with all female facilities like toilets and showers at no extra cost. All beds are cleaned and changed for each guest. You can sit/eat/wifi near the main reception area.

All of the lockers had broken lock mechanisms, so couldn't use a padlock to shut them, and concierge didn't care when I asked why. Had to leave everything in the reception that only opened after 11am. Showers were horrid

• 10th May 2014
  • Wales

I've been there for few days it wasn't bad, good position easy to reach principal attraction .

The women's room is in the same floor that the men's one but you can't lock the door. We were two woman and we put a chair againgst the door and leaved the light on during the night , we didn't feel safe. The comunal showers and toilet were unisex and outside the room. I'm not sure which woman is going to have a shower in a place shared with men, protected only by a curtain. The security guard, nice man, said that he would take care after us, three floors down, though.

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Spain

The biggest problem with this hostel was that the sheet and duvet cover was dirty. Not just not freshly laundered; stained and dirty. Floor was clean. Given it has a nightclub in the basement it was quiet and access to the female only floor was via a key so it felt secure. the reception is in the basement, in the nightclub. It felt like it was all about profit with minimal service. I could not wait to leave. I've stayed in some odd hostels but this was nasty.

The staff at 4 Star Hostel was great. Service was always helpful and humorous. Two things for suggestion: the bathrooms and service desk hours. The reality of the bathroom situation is that there are too few. Realizing this is tied to space and structure, I understand it's complicated. Perhaps consider adding half baths or just more areas with proper lighting to get ready than are currently available. Secondly, not having anyone at the desk in the morning makes early checkout difficult.

• 23rd Nov 2013

We stayed in fifth floor. There is only on shared bathroom for 24 people. This is a biggest drawback of 4 Star Hostel Piccadilly London. In addition, we can only check out after 12:00pm; therefore, we needed to wait in the Hotel and missed our morning plan .

to improve on repairs at bathrooms and general cleanliness. better security. no key given to look door to room at all. no 24 hours access. limited reception hours. staff was pretty helpful though.

Toilets & showers quite unclean. Total lack of room for keeping valuables. There are a very small amount of flimsy lockers in the hallway, all of which are very small and many of which are broken at the latch, and are useless. I'm sure they could afford to add some decent lockers to the premises. The bedroom was extremely cramped, with a colleague describing the room as being more like a 'coffin ship'.

• 25th Oct 2013

At first sight it doesn't cause me a good impression, the reception is understairs in red light restaurant but it was just a bad impression, the place is respectable. The rooms for ladies are nice but the double-decker-bed they gave me was too close of the bathroom door - nothing for many reasons, I complained but they didn't mind although there were other free beds, I would stay there another time only because of the location (the best) and the bathrooms are very good and clean

• 22nd Oct 2013

Don't stay here.. it's horrible. Everything is filthy, the staff are rude, they wouldn't let me use the wheels on my 30kg suitcase, there's only one toilet so you always have to queue, and the whole atmosphere is just weird and creepy.

The name of the hostel does not correspond the quality level of the hostel (except the remarkable location it has!). I would have appreciated a reception that would be open earlier in the morning. My Bed and the small room (24 beds!) were clean but otherwise in corridor and shower areas the facilities are in a really unclean, shabby and musty condition. Locker are so small that you hardly can use them. There is not a place were to put your belongings in the room (drawer, hangers etc).

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • Finland

The location was amazing, and the price for said location is pretty good. The staff were welcoming, but my bedsheets had to be replaced and - whilst the hostel is secure, there is nowhere to store valuables when you go out. The curfew at 3AM is something to bear in mind, but I didn't have any problems with it. I'd probably give the place a 7/10. You could do a lot worse in London, trust me.

There was a curfew of 3:00am and whilst it's late enough, it would have been nice to have 24-hour access. I was out with friends that evening, but was conscious that if I didn't get back for 3:00am I would have been locked out.

• 5th Sep 2013

Please please get kettles in the kitchen. I don't mind that the fridge doesn't work and you can't appear to be able to use the cooker in the kitchen but I'd there were kettles I could at lease have a coffee or make a pot noodle. London is expensive to eat out in all the time.

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Northern Ireland

Nice stay in this place Thank you to the staff for their kindness

• 20th Jul 2013

The staff didn't seem to know what was going on and they had trouble assigning us the correct beds. We were advised to lock our luggage in the storage closet downstairs away from the rooms which was very inconvenient, as was the hours we could enter and exit the Hostel. I would not highly recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4