40 Berkeley Hostel Reviews

40 Berkeley Street, MA, Boston, USA

My husband and I have never stayed in a hostel before but in an effort to save money and to try new things on our road trip we decided to stay here. The location and staff are excellent. Located in back bay we were able to walk to downtown and all the places we wanted to check out. There are some really great restaurants in the area as well. The only down sides were the lack of air conditioning...they do have fans but when it's 90+ deg outside the fans did not help much.

• 19th Jul 2015

Everything was squeaky clean the entire time, exactly what you would hope to get from a hostel at a slightly higher price. Definitely recommended.

Rooms were large, staff helpful. Facilities new and included a movie theatre with free popcorn. Residents were an interesting mix, seemed to be half backpackers half middle aged people who talked to themselves a lot. Rooms did not have air conditioning. Overall a decent place to stay. Walking distance to centre of town and metro stations.

Very basic room, but the price was good and the location was fantastic.

• 9th Jul 2015

I was VERY impressed with how nice and kind every person behind the service desk was!!! That made me immediately want to return!! Each person heloed me out with either getting directions, needed items such as soap or towels, or calling a cab. The impressive thing was the kindness each staff shared with me. I loved the womens' 6th floor modern and clean bathroom!!😊 I also loved how spacious 40 Berkely is! Patio, movie room, seated areas- even popcorn and ipads to use. You provide a great package

• 5th Jul 2015
  • American Samoa

The wifi in my room only worked one of the six nights I was there, which is unacceptable since the in-room wifi was one of the things that drew me to 40 Berkeley.

The hostel is in a great location so we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. I felt safe walking around at night. The rooms were minimal but it's all that was needed since it was only for sleeping. A/C would be nice but we lucked out with cooler nights.

Simple but clean and close to the city center.

• 24th Jun 2015

The room was not good, it need to be improved. The bathrooms were not all working and they did not repaired it. It is located in a good area; however, it is not a good price according to the services La habitación no era buena, necesita muchas mejoras. Los baños no estaban funcionando como debían y no fueron reparados. La ubicación es bastante buena. Sin embargo, la calidad con el precio no van de la mano

First impression was really bad, quite run-down place but actually provides everything you need to have a pleasant time in Boston. Furniture and bed was very low quality but the garden offers some relaxation and shade. Staff is friendly and the location is top.

40 Berkeley Hostel was a really nice hostel located within walking distance from Boston downton (but again, Boston downton is not very big) or also next to a T station . Entering the hostel you get an impression of dust in the lobby, and I was afraid at first I will have trouble with allergies but the room was rather clean and I didn't had any issue with it. The bathroom is clean and convenient. Functional wifi. One of the cheapest hostel apparently, althgh I wouldn't say it was cheap.

Our stay was awesome, great location, super nice and helpful staff. The room was big and clean. The neighbourghood was quiet and calm, really close to downtown. If I ever go bavk to Boston, I will stay there for sure. I recommend it to my friends.

Room & washroom was very dirty.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Bangladesh

Wanted to stay two nights in Boston, as cheap and as near to downtown as possible. 40Berkeley Hostel is comparatively cheap and near the centre. The lobby is nice, our room very simple, but clear.

• 1st Jun 2015

Nice building , great location

Really small bed, not for two people. Not clean bathroom. To much heat. Elevators in bad conditions. Slow attention in reception.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Chile

Very good location, tube station 5 min walk but city center also easy to walk to. Room was clean and spatious. The staff were really nice, friendly and helpful. Bathrooms were quite old but seemed to be very clean. Although there were quite a few homeless looking and old people in the building. It felt like staying in a homeless shelter or hospital.

As a college student who wanted to plan a getaway, I needed a place that wouldn't leave us completely broke to have fun around Boston. It was pretty cool staying here. We got a private room. It was very simple. No extra. I thought I would miss the hotel experience but the hostel experience is just as good! Only thing is, I wasnt too crazy about the communal bathrooms but they were clean and I knew what I was getting into when I booked the room lol. Staff was really cool as well. We had fun!

• 29th May 2015

The front desk staff is very nice. When she knew that I was the only guest in the 4-people room, she switched me a single room

It’s a huge hostel with several floors where they have a coffee machine, popcorn and a big living room with lots of books. The positive side is that the rooms and the bathrooms are clean. The negative side is that I had noises from the outside every morning because my room faced the street, so I used to wake up early. It’s a bit expensive for a hostel, but it’s always going to be less expensive than going to a hotel! Regarding the location, you have to walk a little bit to get to downtown.

« first « Prev 1 2 3