40 Berkeley Hostel Reviews

40 Berkeley Street, MA, Boston, USA

A very cool hostel in the very nice South End neighborhood. The location is great and the hostel is big. The hall and the lounge are a little bit to quiet but there are a lot of services. However, there was not a very good smell in the corridors and one of the two showers was broken. It's not the perfect place but it's more than average.

Staff were friendly and helpful. That made our stay more enjoyable.

Is located into the good area in Boston and have good transportation

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

Elevator broke down. Room was dusty. Towers where small. Internet slow. Price really high.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

Shared toilet need to be cleaned. In the morning I found the floor flood with water.

• 6th Oct 2014

But the rooms which are near or on Berkeley street are very too noisy during the night. There is to much traffic in the night. You must have some very good earplugs. What a shame !

we spend a night, 4 people. a friend of mine that was stolen were wallets at night in Boston, the staff made sure that my friend is firm bank account and for reassurance. Thank you to them!

• 22nd Sep 2014

They dont have kichen. This should be very clear in the website and not just ommited

the hostel is amazing, it's more like hotel not hostel. you should defenetly choose 40 berkeley.

only one shower was working on our floor

eThank you - my stay was excellent. One thing I would recommand is to set a time limit at night. how long guest can sit in the inside garden and be noisy. My room was facing N, while great to have a garden below, it was incredibly disturbing when on the last night buest were still yelling around after midnght. Thank you for your time I will book 40 Berkely again. Best Renee Hills

• 4th Sep 2014

The common area is great, we really appreciated the popcorn, pool table, book shelves and couches. The actual rooms themselves are just average, but that is to be expected. Bathrooms were relatively clean.

• 30th Aug 2014

The door to my dorm room was slightly unhinged so it had to be shoved into place to shut the door properly. There was a musty smell in the room.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Brunei

If you are looking for a cheap bed in Boston and close to the city center, here's your answer. Don't expect more. Some members of the staff are very helpful but those are hard to find.

Overall the hotel was not good for the money they charged. I got checked in in 3 minutes. And 2 min was to tell me all the money I needed to pay extra if I smoked or loose my keys. I found for myself there was a coffee machine but it was available only after breakfast time. No good in that.

Excellent location, nice building, staff helpful

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Inviting reception let down by staff with serious attitude. The much advertised breakfast was not provided. Rooms were ok, we stayed in two different rooms had broken blinds and was dirty. The other was ok but needed a face lift

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

This hostel was clean and comfortable. Being located in the South End was nic. It's a trendy area and easily accessible to all parts of Boston without being in the cbd. A pleasant stay for a good price.

I thought it was great for a hostel, but I've been in some pretty bad ones before. The boyfriend didn't care for it. I'd say the only problem is the lack of air conditioning. We were on the 5th floor, there was a breeze during the day but at night it was difficult to sleep, it was probably 88 degrees with a fan.

• 12th Aug 2014

It feels like a prison inside the room but the location is great for nightlife and transit.

« first « Prev 1 2 3