40 Berkeley Hostel Reviews

40 Berkeley Street, MA, Boston, USA

It is so expensive. In addition, the facilities were bad. I would better choose the other hostel. But breakfasy was really good. I could acknowlege.

Perfectly ok rooms though a bit sparse and tatty. Staff were pleasant and bathrooms mostly clean.

Staff there are cold, unfriendly and unwilling to help.

• 21st Apr 2014
  • China

Friendlier staff would be a help, i presented to them that I accidentally booked a private room for 4 as a solo traveler, they put me into a room single room and still charged me for $75 even on the website it was under 40. No real activities to get out and meet people show you round Boston etc more of a hotel than hostel.

Stayed in a basic 3-bed room. Very basic with limited space. Beds simple but comfortable. Was clean and quiet. Breakfast in the morning was simple but there was a good selection.

Every staff member was great and very courteous. only problem was that the water fountain was broken so we were forced to buy water.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

Is just little expensive but I had good time

Great hostel! Very clean, and they will hold your stuff for the day for free. The location was great and only a 5 minute walk from the T. I would definitely recommend.

• 30th Mar 2014

The lobby staff were very nice people. Smiles and friendlyness :) But the hygiene was very poor. There was some sticky stuff on the floor in our room, the blanket had holes and didn't look clean and someone had actually smeared poop on the wall of one of the stalls in the toilets and nobody cleaned it for at least 4 days. The free breakfast was ok considering it was free. The bed itself however was probably the most comfortable bed we have slept in and we slept very well :)

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Iceland

Stayed for about a week. Overall it was a good experience. + Convenient location + Good food provided free of cost every morning. - The internet was frustrating and cumbersome. It'd expire your session frequently, forcing you to re-login, which caused plenty of aggravation. - Many things were broken, the worst being one of two showers for my entire floor. If I didn't wake up early enough, I'd have to stand around the bathroom waiting in line.

The only issue I'd have to say, is I wish there were more towels ( like 2 per guest) and an extra pillow , But other than that everything was great.

recommended for someone looking for an unexpensive stay

I stayed for 4 nights in 40 Berkeley and really enjoyed my stay. The staff were all friendly and helpful and it was in a great location. I was travelling alone and had a single room which was very clean and warm. My only complaint was the room was a bit too ward but opening a window solved that. The showers and toilets were spotless and I never had to wait when I wanted to use the facilities. The breakfast was totally amazing and kept me full until dinner time.

• 5th Feb 2014

Pretty bare-bones hostel, but for $40 a night for a private room in Boston, you can't beat it. The inclusive breakfast is a nice touch as well!

1 2 Next » last »