40 Berkeley Hostel Reviews

40 Berkeley Street, MA, Boston, USA

Perfect when you just need a place to sleep!

• 28th Jan 2015

Big place with some permanent residents. Some of the staff were not as helpful as they could have been. Kitchen is just a microwave and a toaster. Free coffee and popcorn were welcome and pool table and reading area were welcome while we killed time in the blizzard! The WiFi was good. 10 mins from subway and 30 mins walk to town.

The rooms were less inviting than your average college dorm room. Very minimalist, not very comfortable. The door wouldn't open or shut completely without a lot of effort. The bathrooms were beautiful when we arrived but a complete mess in the morning. Overall, not the best experience in a hostel I've had, but I've definitely had worse. You really get what you pay for, I suppose. It's cheap because there isn't much to it at all. No full kitchen, but a good location so food isn't ever far away.

I just want to thank the staff for being friendly and accommodating of my own personal needs during my stay. Allowing me to store my luggage with your front desk staff prior to my official check in made my day a thousand times easier. Thanks a billion! Without the helpfulness of the staff, I don't think my business trip could have gone so smoothly (at the cheap and affordable rate that I paid!)

• 5th Jan 2015

Very basic accommodation. Our room felt like a jail sell. That being said it was cheap and in a good location for getting around the city.

• 26th Dec 2014

It is good, for the location. It only takes 8 mins to walk to the subway. My room is near the street, so it was loud in the midnight.

Free breakfast should be provided.

• 24th Dec 2014

We would only stay here again for the price.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

40Berkeley is located in a great area. We stayed in a private double with shared bathroom facilities and it seemed like they were cleaned every couple of hours. The view we had of downtown Boston was great and we were within walking distance of pretty much everything. The only bummers were that we found no way to control our heating situation, from what we could tell the heat was centrally controlled so it was often stifling and we had to crack a window.

we couldnt use wifi on the first day, so i couldnt search subways or way to get the place. literally ruined whole day. they offered the internet but it costs. also according to the website, they are supposed to provide free breakfast but they didnt since the kitchen is broken.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Japan

Our private double room was ok if a bit tired-looking, but way too hot even after we'd turned the heating off and opened the window. We could also hear a loud generator outside all night. Not ideal! Really think it's expensive for what it was.

1 2 Next » last »