40 Berkeley Hostel Reviews

40 Berkeley Street, MA, Boston, USA

First impression was really bad, quite run-down place but actually provides everything you need to have a pleasant time in Boston. Furniture and bed was very low quality but the garden offers some relaxation and shade. Staff is friendly and the location is top.

40 Berkeley Hostel was a really nice hostel located within walking distance from Boston downton (but again, Boston downton is not very big) or also next to a T station . Entering the hostel you get an impression of dust in the lobby, and I was afraid at first I will have trouble with allergies but the room was rather clean and I didn't had any issue with it. The bathroom is clean and convenient. Functional wifi. One of the cheapest hostel apparently, althgh I wouldn't say it was cheap.

Our stay was awesome, great location, super nice and helpful staff. The room was big and clean. The neighbourghood was quiet and calm, really close to downtown. If I ever go bavk to Boston, I will stay there for sure. I recommend it to my friends.

Room & washroom was very dirty.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Bangladesh

Wanted to stay two nights in Boston, as cheap and as near to downtown as possible. 40Berkeley Hostel is comparatively cheap and near the centre. The lobby is nice, our room very simple, but clear.

• 1st Jun 2015

Nice building , great location

Really small bed, not for two people. Not clean bathroom. To much heat. Elevators in bad conditions. Slow attention in reception.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Chile

Very good location, tube station 5 min walk but city center also easy to walk to. Room was clean and spatious. The staff were really nice, friendly and helpful. Bathrooms were quite old but seemed to be very clean. Although there were quite a few homeless looking and old people in the building. It felt like staying in a homeless shelter or hospital.

As a college student who wanted to plan a getaway, I needed a place that wouldn't leave us completely broke to have fun around Boston. It was pretty cool staying here. We got a private room. It was very simple. No extra. I thought I would miss the hotel experience but the hostel experience is just as good! Only thing is, I wasnt too crazy about the communal bathrooms but they were clean and I knew what I was getting into when I booked the room lol. Staff was really cool as well. We had fun!

• 29th May 2015