40 Berkeley Hostel Reviews

40 Berkeley Street, MA, Boston, USA

Staff was very unfriendly. Booked a private room with bath but we got one without bath. AFTER CHECK-IN YOU DON'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SPEND THE NIGHT THERE. Would not recommend to stay there. Room was tiny and dirty so we couldn't spend the night there!!! Had to leave after we hand checked-in, WASTE OF MONEY! After I saw the room, I knew why they have the policy that they dont't give you your money back after check-in!!!

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

As always great location and price.

• 25th Jun 2014

Front desk staff was mostly rude. Location is excellent, walking distance from most main attractions. Breakfast was impressive. Rooms are ok (no a/c). Left my luggage at the front desk for a couple of hours and a cup I had inside got broken. When I told the staff they wouldn't even apologize.

Awesome breakfast, was great, quite a big place but well run

I stayed here for 3 nights in June. The good: Location, price (relative other places in Boston), buffet breakfast, free wifi, clean enough bathrooms The bad: My room on the 6th floor wasn't very clean and was very tired and worn out. Floors and walls had a lot of wear and tear, the blinds were broken and very dusty. The overall decor was a bit depressing. There's no air conditioning although that wasn't a particular problem for me.

• 21st Jun 2014