40 Berkeley Hostel Reviews

40 Berkeley Street, MA, Boston, USA

We enjoyed our stay. We had a private room with a double bed. Pillows were flat as pancakes but the room was nice overall. Bathroom was clean and wifi worked well. Breakfast was a good value. Located in a safe part of town not too far from everything. Thank you!

The non-renovated rooms in this place are putrid. It feels like a jail, we were put on rusty camping beds and the room obviously hadn't been cleaned in a while, there was dirt and dust and hair everywhere. Disgusting. To top it off, my husband's bed was infested with bed bugs. I presume that the renovated rooms are much nicer but do yourself a favour and just stay somewhere else.

My room was horrible, nothing like the picture. The floors were sticky, found hair on my bed window broken and the metal beds which created rust marks on the floor. Wasn't a nice atmosphere. However I seen my friends 4bed room(instead of 2). It was lovely, new carpets pretty clean, the things in the room matched. If I had their room I would absolutely recommend you stay. If you got my room it was the worst room I have been in. Staff were brillant and helpful. Location was great.

• 1st Jun 2014

The bathrooms were not being cleaned enough! Quite run down. Wifi did work. Room was adequate. Some dodgy looking people stay there though. Not everyone is a tourist. Some permanent people.

B/fast was great! Disappointed in the room and the beds. The room was stinky. For the beds, we're given 1 twin bed and a double decker bed. In my reservation, it should be a 3 twin beds and not a double deck bed. I complained but there was no room available according to the reception. I was billed for what is not right. The washroom has no tissue and paper towel. I have to comedown to the reception to ensure the basic needs are in the washroom.

• 26th May 2014

Great little hostel right in the middle of Boston, very near everything. The wifi wasn't really working on the 3rd floor and the food did not look appetizing, but the rooms and bathrooms were very clean and quiet and I felt very safe at all times. Really great for travelers!

• 21st May 2014

A nice, handy place to stay while I was in Boston. Just what I was looking for.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Facilities clean.

• 10th May 2014

It is so expensive. In addition, the facilities were bad. I would better choose the other hostel. But breakfasy was really good. I could acknowlege.

Perfectly ok rooms though a bit sparse and tatty. Staff were pleasant and bathrooms mostly clean.

Staff there are cold, unfriendly and unwilling to help.

• 21st Apr 2014