40 Berkeley Hostel Reviews

40 Berkeley Street, MA, Boston, Massachusetts, USA

The lobby is so nice, spacious and beautiful with the movie theatre and study room. But the room is so bad. I stayed in a twin bedroom. they dont have an ensuite so you dony have your own bathroom which is very inconvenient. They dont have air con in the room and the room is very small too.

Very good location. This place might have basic beds and facilities, but the staff are extremely helpful and really make you feel as ease! They will help with anything!!

• 24th Jun 2013

No clim is the worst. I wouldn't spend a night there again during summer time.

Certainly one of the cheaper places to stay in Boston. I was hoping it was going to have a friendlier atmosphere amongst those who were staying there but everyone seemed to keep to themselves. Staff were very helpful and facilities were good. Location was brilliant nice relaxed streets in the immediate areas before you head into the main city. My only complaint is the breakfast which I started to miss as it was more enjoyable going to a local cafe and listening to decent music and paying extra

When I arrived in Boston, didn't know how to go to the hostel with any other transportation from the bus terminal. Though we had a sheet of paper with directions to a hostel, it only had how to get there by foot. And after when we checked in, we found a subway station nearby.. Hope you also include directions with transportation.

• 21st Jun 2013
  • South Korea

amazing breakfast!

• 18th Jun 2013
  • China

Bit of a weird atmosphere there - not your typical hostel vibe. But I would stay here again if I had to. Clean and good location.

Breakfast was amazing but shower facilities could be improved.

By facility wise and stay, it was very much comfortable, one thing we felt lacking was the rooms were not fitted with any wardrobe or place where you can keep your stuffs inside, not even a single hanger. Rest of things were too good. We liked our stay and enjoyed a lot. Thank you all

• 11th Jun 2013
  • India

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Great room with a view, quiet an amazing breakfast. I was expecting a typical cereal and toast complimentary breakfast but was so pleasantly surprised with eggs, bacon, sausage, hash brown and pancakes cafeteria style. Great staff and location, 15 minute walk to prudential center and Boston common so never had to use the t. I will definitely stay here again!

• 7th Jun 2013

This is an excellent place to stay. If I am ever visiting Boston again I will not be looking anywhere else. Pool table, movie room, popcorn and not to mention the chocolate chip cookies. I would recommend anybody to stay here.

• 3rd Jun 2013

Thanks for a great comfortable and safe few nights of accommodation! Easy to find and all staff were very helpful and pleasant to deal with!

Bedrooms were clean and spacey. Had one shared bathroom for each floor, but wasn't an issue sharing. Staff was average, not the best customer service for hospitality, but the location is walking distance to downtown Boston.

• 1st Jun 2013

In principle, this is a very decent hostel. It is just that on my floor one of the shared toilets was incredible soiled, and the hall was kind of dirty. Also, it was a hot night, but my room had no airco (there were two fans). With a bit more cleaning it would be better value for money, because is is expensive, even for Boston standards. A tad overpriced.

• 1st Jun 2013

Need more than one toilet and shower in the 3rd floor bathroom to the right of the elevator, need some extension cables for when people want to use the fan as it is a bit far away from the socket. Photos of rooms are deceiving as we did not expect bunk beds from the photos we had seen of the 4 standard bedroom. Breakfast was fab! best part of the hostel, was yummy and the young lad serving it in the mornings was a babe!

• 30th May 2013

Don't stay here. Is is so overpriced, especially for what you get. The rooms are poor, the bathrooms even worse. Not clean. We were freezing in our beds. This is also a place where elderly live, it is a bit creepy. The breakfast? Well, there is a café called Flour nearby, it will be your best friend... Awful experience. And expensive which makes it worse...

40 Berkeley was our only option for a private room during the specific dates and while our stay ended up being significantly cheaper than what it would have been at a hotel, we felt that it was overpriced. $56 per person/night is a lot to pay to sleep in a run down dorm with old, equally run down bathroom facilities. Breakfast is good though, as is the location.

Very funny! I loved the "movie room" with popcorn! :-) Thank you very much for all

No one told us the breakfast was until 9 during the week. The rooms are very small and not very comfortable for the price compare to hostel we have been in the usa. But the location is perfect , the garden is very nice. So there is some renovation to make, some learning for the staff about customer service (at the food service)and it's will be much better.

• 18th May 2013

Breakfast is included, you get eggs, bacon, pancakes, oatmeal and fruit. Stayed in a double on the 7th floor - amazing views over the Copley skyline. Room was clean, bathroom was fine as well. A bit pricey but probably the best value for money you can get in Boston.