40 Berkeley Hostel Reviews

40 Berkeley Street, MA, Boston, USA

Perfect when you just need a place to sleep!

• 28th Jan 2015

The rooms were less inviting than your average college dorm room. Very minimalist, not very comfortable. The door wouldn't open or shut completely without a lot of effort. The bathrooms were beautiful when we arrived but a complete mess in the morning. Overall, not the best experience in a hostel I've had, but I've definitely had worse. You really get what you pay for, I suppose. It's cheap because there isn't much to it at all. No full kitchen, but a good location so food isn't ever far away.

I just want to thank the staff for being friendly and accommodating of my own personal needs during my stay. Allowing me to store my luggage with your front desk staff prior to my official check in made my day a thousand times easier. Thanks a billion! Without the helpfulness of the staff, I don't think my business trip could have gone so smoothly (at the cheap and affordable rate that I paid!)

• 5th Jan 2015

非常不错的一家青年旅舍,服务很好,价格也很合理!只是住的后两天wifi坏了,花了2天时间都没有修好...

Very basic accommodation. Our room felt like a jail sell. That being said it was cheap and in a good location for getting around the city.

• 26th Dec 2014

It is good, for the location. It only takes 8 mins to walk to the subway. My room is near the street, so it was loud in the midnight.

Manque de lumière chaleureuse dans les chambres. Chambre peu accueillante, sans rideau ni vrai stores. Mais auberge bien placée et répondant dans l'ensemble aux attentes d'un hostel.

• 26th Dec 2014

隔音很差 飲水機應該每層樓至少一個

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

Free breakfast should be provided.

• 24th Dec 2014

We would only stay here again for the price.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

40Berkeley is located in a great area. We stayed in a private double with shared bathroom facilities and it seemed like they were cleaned every couple of hours. The view we had of downtown Boston was great and we were within walking distance of pretty much everything. The only bummers were that we found no way to control our heating situation, from what we could tell the heat was centrally controlled so it was often stifling and we had to crack a window.

we couldnt use wifi on the first day, so i couldnt search subways or way to get the place. literally ruined whole day. they offered the internet but it costs. also according to the website, they are supposed to provide free breakfast but they didnt since the kitchen is broken.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Japan

Our private double room was ok if a bit tired-looking, but way too hot even after we'd turned the heating off and opened the window. We could also hear a loud generator outside all night. Not ideal! Really think it's expensive for what it was.

The place is clean and safe. There is no kitchen, no breakfast, just you can make yourself a coffe. It is very expensive for hostel standard, but cheap for Boston standard. Location is central and the stuff is friendly. There is a very nice lounge.

A very cool hostel in the very nice South End neighborhood. The location is great and the hostel is big. The hall and the lounge are a little bit to quiet but there are a lot of services. However, there was not a very good smell in the corridors and one of the two showers was broken. It's not the perfect place but it's more than average.

Staff were friendly and helpful. That made our stay more enjoyable.

Is located into the good area in Boston and have good transportation

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

Bien placé, les chambres sont vieilles et odorantes. Le rapport qualité/prix n'y est pas. Seuls points positifs : personnel agréable et la bonne localisation de l'auberge.

Elevator broke down. Room was dusty. Towers where small. Internet slow. Price really high.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

Shared toilet need to be cleaned. In the morning I found the floor flood with water.

• 6th Oct 2014