40 Berkeley Hostel Reviews

40 Berkeley Street, MA, Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Every staff member was great and very courteous. only problem was that the water fountain was broken so we were forced to buy water.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

Is just little expensive but I had good time

Great hostel! Very clean, and they will hold your stuff for the day for free. The location was great and only a 5 minute walk from the T. I would definitely recommend.

• 30th Mar 2014

The lobby staff were very nice people. Smiles and friendlyness :) But the hygiene was very poor. There was some sticky stuff on the floor in our room, the blanket had holes and didn't look clean and someone had actually smeared poop on the wall of one of the stalls in the toilets and nobody cleaned it for at least 4 days. The free breakfast was ok considering it was free. The bed itself however was probably the most comfortable bed we have slept in and we slept very well :)

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Iceland

Stayed for about a week. Overall it was a good experience. + Convenient location + Good food provided free of cost every morning. - The internet was frustrating and cumbersome. It'd expire your session frequently, forcing you to re-login, which caused plenty of aggravation. - Many things were broken, the worst being one of two showers for my entire floor. If I didn't wake up early enough, I'd have to stand around the bathroom waiting in line.

위치는 나쁘지않고 바로앞에 편의점이있다는점이 제일좋음. 아침식사도 나쁘진않지만 단점이라면 머무는 사람들이 많이시끄러움. 머무는 사람들이 시끄럽건 싸우건 직원들이 전혀 신경을안쓰다보니 시끄러워서 잠을 잘못잤음.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

The only issue I'd have to say, is I wish there were more towels ( like 2 per guest) and an extra pillow , But other than that everything was great.

recommended for someone looking for an unexpensive stay

Cuando llegué me sentí más en un ansianato. Aunque es barato y queda cerca del metro y de la estación de tren, no me gustaron los cuartos ni los desayunos, me sentía en una cantina de una cárcel. Aunque no tengo quejas definitivamente no disfruté la estadía. Recomiendo hostel international que además no queda lejos.

I stayed for 4 nights in 40 Berkeley and really enjoyed my stay. The staff were all friendly and helpful and it was in a great location. I was travelling alone and had a single room which was very clean and warm. My only complaint was the room was a bit too ward but opening a window solved that. The showers and toilets were spotless and I never had to wait when I wanted to use the facilities. The breakfast was totally amazing and kept me full until dinner time.

• 5th Feb 2014

Pretty bare-bones hostel, but for $40 a night for a private room in Boston, you can't beat it. The inclusive breakfast is a nice touch as well!

Clean and safe with sooooo many facilities!!

• 22nd Jan 2014
  • China

Great extras, like free popcorn and coffee

First things first- I think this place is partially a hostel and partially a half way house. You can tell there are long term tentants, most of them elderly and looking like welfare recipients. Nothing wrong with that, just a heads up. The only good thing about this hotel is free breakfast ( mediocre, but not bad) and the location ( south end back bay close to the t, lots of things within walking distance) Paper thin walls, weird smells, gray florescent lights in the rooms, mold in the showers

• 8th Jan 2014

I was very happy with everything. Breakfast in the morning was awesome. However, only issue I have is for those who have cars. There is no parking anywhere. You need to look for side roads and hope there is an open spot or else you will need to pay for one of those 24 hour parking lots. All the streets in front of the hostel seems to be reserved for residents of other buildings at night.

it is like a hotel with big and comfortable common area.The hostel is very considerate. There are movie room,free coffee and tea provided. And i appreciate the very cute decorate things in the lobby. Overall,i feel comfortable living here.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • Hong Kong

Auberge bien située, près du métro idéal pour bouger, quartier tranquil! Si vous réservez une chambre de 4 personnes je vous déconseille les lits superposés, chambre trop petite et isolation catastrophique! (Pendant une tempête de neige la température est glaciale dans la chambre!!^^) mis a part ça je vous conseille le 40 berkeley c'est parfait pour passer la nuit pendant un voyage!

• 31st Dec 2013

Très bon petit-déjeuner !

• 28th Dec 2013

The breakfast was amazing, much better than expected! However, the lock on our door was faulty and there was no PowerPoint in the room which was very inconvenient, despite there being a lamp and fan not plugged in. There were also not enough showers on our floor and bathrooms were being cleaned early in the morning (when people want to shower?). The room was also extremely hot and you couldn't adjust temperature. The location is good and the beds were clean and comfortable but we won't return.

Location is not very convenient. Breakfast was not good... :/ Sorry. Bathrooms are not clean. Staff was nice and tried to help - but they can't make up for everything. Too expensive, for what you get.

• 28th Dec 2013