40 Berkeley Hostel Reviews

40 Berkeley Street, MA, Boston, USA

we spend a night, 4 people. a friend of mine that was stolen were wallets at night in Boston, the staff made sure that my friend is firm bank account and for reassurance. Thank you to them!

• 22nd Sep 2014

the hostel is amazing, it's more like hotel not hostel. you should defenetly choose 40 berkeley.

only one shower was working on our floor

Me han cobrado el precio total al acabar la estancia, cuando ya pague el 12% por adelantado al hacer la reserva. En el hostel no tenian constancia del pago del adelanto, por lo que tuve que pagar el 100% al llegar alli, perdiendo la fianza. Al hacer la reserva con ustedes, me dijeron expresamente (en el correo que mandaron), que el adelanto era parte del pago total y que luego se descontaria del precio total, cosa que no sucedió. Agradecería que me devolviesen el importe que adelanté.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Spain

eThank you - my stay was excellent. One thing I would recommand is to set a time limit at night. how long guest can sit in the inside garden and be noisy. My room was facing N, while great to have a garden below, it was incredibly disturbing when on the last night buest were still yelling around after midnght. Thank you for your time I will book 40 Berkely again. Best Renee Hills

• 4th Sep 2014

c'est une catastrophe . Auberge des années 60 . Qualité de la literie 1920 . Qualité de la clim 1800. Ne jamaiss choisir cet établissement

The common area is great, we really appreciated the popcorn, pool table, book shelves and couches. The actual rooms themselves are just average, but that is to be expected. Bathrooms were relatively clean.

• 30th Aug 2014

The door to my dorm room was slightly unhinged so it had to be shoved into place to shut the door properly. There was a musty smell in the room.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Brunei

Wir haben sehr viel bezahlt und uns erwartete ein rampuniertes Bett, welches fast zu klein war für 2 Personen. Fenstergitter defekt, keine Klimaanlage, ein Deckenventilator mit defektem Lager (sehr Laut), Straßenlärm, Möbelar aus den 50ern (Schranktür kam uns entgegen)

Bien ubicado, limpio y cómodo. El personal fue amable y realizaron buenas recomendaciones.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Uruguay

学生宿舍式的酒店,建议多人同住

• 25th Aug 2014
  • China

If you are looking for a cheap bed in Boston and close to the city center, here's your answer. Don't expect more. Some members of the staff are very helpful but those are hard to find.

Overall the hotel was not good for the money they charged. I got checked in in 3 minutes. And 2 min was to tell me all the money I needed to pay extra if I smoked or loose my keys. I found for myself there was a coffee machine but it was available only after breakfast time. No good in that.

Excellent location, nice building, staff helpful

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Inviting reception let down by staff with serious attitude. The much advertised breakfast was not provided. Rooms were ok, we stayed in two different rooms had broken blinds and was dirty. The other was ok but needed a face lift

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

This hostel was clean and comfortable. Being located in the South End was nic. It's a trendy area and easily accessible to all parts of Boston without being in the cbd. A pleasant stay for a good price.

I thought it was great for a hostel, but I've been in some pretty bad ones before. The boyfriend didn't care for it. I'd say the only problem is the lack of air conditioning. We were on the 5th floor, there was a breeze during the day but at night it was difficult to sleep, it was probably 88 degrees with a fan.

• 12th Aug 2014

It feels like a prison inside the room but the location is great for nightlife and transit.

This is the nicest hostel I've stayed at in terms of facilities and staff. It's location is perfect and within a 20 minute walking distance of South Station, Boston Commons, Newbury Street, and Copley Plaza. I have no complaints about my stay other than the fact that the WIFI was AWFUL. I couldn't watch anything and pages took a very long time to load. Otherwise, I would definitely stay here again!

• 7th Aug 2014

De kamers waren niet sfeervol. Vieze en kapotte luxaflex. Herrie vanwege verkeer en bouwactiviteiten. Vooral geen airco. Niet koel te krijgen. Foto 's wAren wel erg mooi gekleurd. Geen ontbijt!

• 6th Aug 2014