404 Hostel Reviews

Neusser Strasse 404, Nippes, Cologne, Germany

it's a little far from the Koln city center, but it's very near subway station and train station, therefore it's not a big problem to go to city center. It's also near Audi, so very easy to buy something. The kitchen could be used to cook by ourself.

A bit "far" from the city center (though it is only 4 subway stops from the cathedral), but it is located in a nice and quiet neighbourhood. Clean and homey atmosphere, you feel comfortable and welcomed. Will come here again if I have the change to go back to Cologne.

I really liked 404 hostel. It was warm and clean, and the kitchen was well equipped. The owner was friendly to me and also helpful when I asked him questions about Koln. There is a Aldi very close. The only negative thing is that it's not very central but that's ok because there is a Metro station very close. I would recommend 404, and I would definitely stay there again! :)

Stayed here in January. It's a nice and clean hostel. Good kitchen and very basic breakfast. It's right by a grocery store and further down the street are tons of shops and restaurants. It's not too far from the sights and is a short walk to the metro station to make traveling around the city easy. The wifi is pretty good except they turn it off at 1am pretty much on the dot and don't turn it back on until morning.

The rooms are ok, but the owner is always around making us felling uncomfortable. Also, he charges 3 euros for the extra blanket, when the room should be warm enough for only 1 blanket.

• 30th Dec 2013

Misregarding hostel rules does not make the owner happy. Smoking in the room, kitchen mess, taking sheets from other beds which you haven't paid causing extra work and costs, you brought visitors which is not allowed for security reasons I only go into the rooms for everyday cleaning or checking people in. The room is always warm enough. At night minimum 18 C during the day minimum 21 C. Sheets have double blankets in wintertime. I was happy when you left.

The owner is very friendly and the hostel is very clean. There is a kitchen where you can prepare meals and such. I would come back there!

• 30th Dec 2013

Nice hostel with comfortable beds and a well equipped kitchen, a bit out of town unfortunately but close to the metro and a large aldi supermarket.

Its not in the center but its easy to reach. The room is super cozy with huge bathroom, sofa and comfortable bed. The kitchen is very neat as well. You shouldn't expect a partying atmosphere, but if you're looking for quiteness, good living quality and some small chats with the other travellers, this is definitely the right place.

we stay only one night in cologne. this hostel is clean. it is near the underground station and about 5 stops from central station.

The hostel was nice and tidy, the beds were really comfortable. It felt like home staying there. We had even a sofa in the room! The owner of the hostel gave us a map and recommended us what we can visit in the city.

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Bulgaria

It is a quite good hostel. I will definitely stay there, if I go to Cologne again.

Upon first walking up to this little house I was skeptical. The area didn't look the nicest and the house on the outside looked run down, but I was reminded to never judge a book by its cover because inside is a whole different story! It's cute, clean, comfortable, with extremely friendly staff. The gentleman went out of his way to ensure we had all the information about metro and the city. I cannot say enough good things about this place! Breakfast, internet, everything you need to see cologne!

A good hostel. Like a home, because it's a 2 floors house, and the hospitable boss. Everything is clean. Ensuite room with a huge washing room inside, because it was/is a real home of somebody. Well, location is not in the downtown but near a railway station too.

Staff is very co-operative. Limited space in the gangways but lounge on the1st floor is spacious. Location is great for someone who wants to commute from hbf.