404 Hostel Reviews

Neusser Strasse 404, Nippes, Cologne, Germany

Comfortable beds and the dorm had lots of space. Easy to get there, since it's about just 100m from the subway station, and a quiet place, so I managed to sleep very well. The only problem was that it was not very party-like, but then again, that might suit perfectly for other people. And one small detail was that even though the bathroom is enormous, the curtains to shower barely give room to fit one person, should put another one in there.

This was a great hostel! A little bit further from the city center but only about 15 minutes with subway. The closest subway stop is right down the street. In addition there is a grocery store near by if you feel the need to buy anything. I was in a six person room with a bathroom right in the room. This isn't a normal hostel so you are not going to have loud raging parties going on all night which was nice for me. Great hostel over all! Friendly staff and would visit again!

That was really cool) Dankeschön))

I enjoyed my one night stay. I liked the big bathroom and open spaces. The staff member was very helpful and friendly.

Full kitchen was great. Location was a little off beaten path, but close to two metro stations. Wireless didn't work well upstairs. Overall a great value for the money.

I had a great two nights stay here. The hostel was very cosy and felt more like a home than a hostel. The host was very friendly and provided me with a map and all the main attractions to see so I'm very grateful for that. Also, the hostel was very clean and comfortable and the lockers in the rooms are good for security. During the night it was quiet and I had a great nights sleep. Thank you very much for everything and I hope to visit Cologne again someday.

• 4th Aug 2015

That was very good. The station is nearly and hotel master is very kind.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Japan

Very friendly staff, hostel is a little far out but can access the city by the U-bahn, enjoyed our visit thoroughly.

Good place with reasonable price clean and quiet

A gracious host, but the hostel was much further from the city than previously understood. Had to take the U-Bahn each time. Also, the shower in our room was out of order the entirety of our three days there. We had to use the upstairs one, that was almost always occupied by the occupants meant to use it. Not an ideal situation for the price we were paying.

A shower leak had to be fixed during your stay. That's of course uncomfortable but has to be done. Enjoy your trip

The 404 is a nice little hostel, it's clean and comfortable with a decent little kitchen. The trunks for lockers are a nice touch. Reception hours are restrictive so be aware of the opening times.

This hostel feels like a home. Very quaint with friendly, helpful staff. I really enjoyed this hostel

Bad location, clean rooms, awkward atmosphere and unfriendly owner. I have never stayed in a hostel like this before and hopefully wont have to again. Not a great place to meet people, and the owner was unhelpful and quite rude at times. Would not recommend and will not stay again.

The hostel is very clean and I enjoyed my stay in there. I just think the staff is inconvenient. The owner cleaned my room when I was stil there, which I consider very rude, lack of privacy. Moreover, on my last day there he told me I could leave my suitcase there To enjoy my day in the city and go back there to take it later. However, when I arrived there I rang the bell insistently and he just didn't answer, a guest heard me and opened the door, when I entered I could hear the owner there!!

Sorry about the luggage issue. I dindn't hear the bell ringing. I have to think about a louder one. As you stayed in a dorm room and other people had checked out i have to prepare the beds for incoming guests. All guests get a readymade bed with fresh linen. I think you prefer a clean room on arrival too. The lack of privacy is always given in a dorm room no matter if it is another guest or me entering the room.

Hostel was really nice. It is a small house without any sign. There is just small note on the door from backyard. There is free parking during the night in front of the hostel but mostly it is full. Nearby there is a free parking place. You have to pay deposit 10euros for keys. Lockers are quite big. You can put small lugage in it. The only disadvantage is that it is far from city center (45min) by walk but you can take metro (staff explained us everything what we needed to know)

Good place; good guy. Tilo was cool and very helpful. He gave me a lot of info relevant to my interests which made doing what I wanted to do a LOT easier! Love all the guitars, etc...

all was perfectly fine

Small hostel in a house you easily overlook, including breakfast in a small kitchen, felt a bit like staying over by friends