404 Hostel Reviews

Neusser Strasse 404, Nippes, Cologne, Germany

An interesting place. One of the smaller hostels we have stayed at. Close to the Metro so minutes to The Dom and old town. Owner is helpful in pointing out sights to see. Breakfast is included which is simple but still nice to have. Rooms are comfortable and bathroom very clean.

Clean, cheap, well organized, breakfast included. Really good option when your budget is low :)

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Czech Republic

It was ok but staff must be more pleasant and more kindly. Breakfast were ok and thats a plus.

• 25th Oct 2015
  • Slovenia

404 isn't fancy by any means, but it is clean and the owner is pleasant. I booked 1 bed in a 4 bed room and ended up sharing it with two men, which I did not care for. I would've liked the option to have the rooms be separated by gender as much as possible. Still, it's a neat little place and good for the money spent.

Such a beautiful hostel! Like a homey wood cabin, beds were SO comfortable and the bathroom was absolutely spotless. The receptionist was extremely helpful on what to do even in the rain and short time we were in Cologne. A very far walk from the central train station, although very easy to get there by metro, we just didn't know that prior to our arrival! Metro to and from hostel runs all night and we were able to stay out late and also get back early to the train station. DEFINITELY RECOMMEND!

Felt like more of a Bed & Breakfast which is great if you need a break from typical hostels. The room has a HUGE ensuite bathroom and a very nice kitchen and breakfast nook. Everything is immaculately clean. There are trunks next to each bed with a key/lock provided for storing luggage. The house is near an S-Bahn station to get easily into town. Not much of a place to meet people but wonderful to enjoy the feeling of a home in a beautiful city.

Nice cosy place to stay at! Breakfast was included which was an added bonus! Very clean and tidy! Would totally recommend this place!

• 11th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

This is not a hostel this is the old house of a grumpy man. There's so many rules and watch out if you brake one like "dont wash the dishes in the sink" the owner will have a real argue with you about it. The wi-fi does not work very well and also there´s specific times to use it, it's switch off during the night and early morning. I definitely not recommend this hostel, it´s bad located and there´s so many options in downtown quite new and friendly with a better quality/price.

It has a simple reason not to wash the dishes in the sink. There is a dishwasher which does the job for you. Less work for you less work for me and a clean kitchen all day. Of course i get angry when people don't listen or care about what i tell them. Wifi is off from 1am to 7am. .

The hostel is far from the city center if you want to go by foot, but it is close to a metro station, and it is only 4 stops from there to the center. Cozy room, huge and clean bathroom. I found the kitchen quite small when I got in, but it was never full of people. The owner was really nice and helpful and gave me valuable tips! The atmosphere was quiet, great for the purpose of my stay, but maybe not for people who like to party.

The hostel owner went out of his way to help us and give us advice so he was fantastic. One of us also had to arrive after check-in times because of an emergency but he was very understanding. It's a very tiny hostel but it had a chill and pleasant atmosphere. The rooms and bathroom were MASSIVE! The location wasn't entirely ideal but it was right next to a station and easy to find, as well as Cologne's public transport being convenient enough for the location to not matter much. No surprises.

Myself and 2 friends stayed here.great place very clean and very helpful man.will definitely recommend to my friends back in Ireland

• 5th Oct 2015

Nice big room with lots of space and comfy beds.. I found the top bunk hard to get onto so I swapped to the bottom, but not a problem for the person opposite me.. You have a chest to put your things in with a padlock you get at reception so no need to bring your own.. Kitchen facilities available and very clean (tea/coffee available all the time).. Bathroom is HUGE and clean but need a bigger shower curtain xD Oh and the host is lovely and gave the best local information you can get :-)

Awesome hostel&it is exactly what you expect it would be based on Hostel description.Looking at the ratings after my stay is perplexing. In my opinion this hostel should be at least 90% overall. Instead,ratings have been torpedoed by morons that cannot fathom rules/fail to read hostel descriptions. The location is awesome AND easy to get to, the Owner is helpful and asks about your plans&helps add to them, it's safe and Hostel rules are logical, clear and serve a purpose. Would stay here again.

One of my favorite hostels so far. It's located only 4 stops by underground from the center. The guy from the reception is extremely helpful and the place is very quiet and comfortable. You feel at home.

Comfortable beds and the dorm had lots of space. Easy to get there, since it's about just 100m from the subway station, and a quiet place, so I managed to sleep very well. The only problem was that it was not very party-like, but then again, that might suit perfectly for other people. And one small detail was that even though the bathroom is enormous, the curtains to shower barely give room to fit one person, should put another one in there.

This was a great hostel! A little bit further from the city center but only about 15 minutes with subway. The closest subway stop is right down the street. In addition there is a grocery store near by if you feel the need to buy anything. I was in a six person room with a bathroom right in the room. This isn't a normal hostel so you are not going to have loud raging parties going on all night which was nice for me. Great hostel over all! Friendly staff and would visit again!

That was really cool) Dankeschön))

I enjoyed my one night stay. I liked the big bathroom and open spaces. The staff member was very helpful and friendly.