404 Hostel Reviews

Neusser Strasse 404, Nippes, Cologne, Germany

I highly recommend this hostel – facilities are great (large rooms, lockers with padlocks provided, linen, equipped kitchen, free tea and coffee, wifi, powerful shower, books and board games, living room), and it is one of the cleanest hostels I have seen. It is small, and definitely not a party hostel, so for people on business trips like myself the atmosphere was perfect. If you are looking for a bar or disco, I would suggest one of the larger hostels instead, and also this is not a suitable

Clean and comfortable! I will definitely go back.

The hostal is more less good, i think its a little far to the center more less 40 minutos walk! The attention its no a really good because you need to arrive between 10 to 1 and after 5 to 10 so if you arrive between this hours its ok if not you will need to wait its no normal in the hostels!!!

Why did you book this hostel? Everything you criticize is mentioned on the description of the hostel.

Good place with a good kitchen. Good basic breakfast. Just be aware of reception opening hours. Public transport nearby.

I've read the previous messages about this hostel and I just don't get them. How people expect a five star hotel for 18 euros? And why is importan if the reception is friendly? A helpful man runs the place, for me that's enough. I found this hostel just great: Good comunication with the owner, really really clean, the breakfest is good too (Musly, bread, jam and nutella - free), train station about 3min, supermarket near by. I'll go again to Köln this year and for sure I'll come back.

This place is nice and cosy, definitely not social as it is so small, though it is comfortable. The 4 bed dorm had single beds without bunks, enough powerpoints, and a big locker for each bed. A small but well functioning kitchen, with a basic breakfast (but milk should really be kept in the fridge!!). A long walk into the city, but the metro is nearby and multiple supermarkets close to the hostel. The manager runs the whole place on his own and is definitely an odd kind of man.

Everything would be perfect except the character of the staff. When I couldn't catch what he said, he just told me "That is what I told you now." And he just left me... I would like to let him know that there are a lot of people who speaks English not so well in the world.

I'm sorry. You should not say yes to everything if you don't understand the language. You gave me the impression of good english skills. I showed you around in the hostel and asked you "...please read the hostel rules where you find the password for the internet." 10 seconds later you came to me and asked me for the password for the internet. I asked you again to read the hostel rules as i told you a few seconds ago. It was not a matter of understanding, but a matter of listening to.

The place even though not located in the central, is easy to access via the subway which is just a stone's throw away. In the evening between certain hour the reception is close (it reopened after 5pm if I remember correctly, so for those checking in please be aware of this). The room is very spacious and clean, beds are comfy, with a jaw dropping huge ensuite bathroom! Simple breakfast in the morning. Overall it was a good stay and we met quite a few interesting people from different background

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Solid hostel. Room was nice, shower/bathroom was nice. You get your own locked chest which is nice for security. It is a little far from center city, but it is right near a metro so that's not an issue. It was always clean too. Only issue was no showers past midnight and the wifi turned off between 1AM-7AM. I am usually a night owl so that was a little annoying.

Thank you for the review. In my honest opinion it's much more annoying to take a shower in the ensuite bathroom while other people like to sleep. It's louder than you think.

We booked a this hostel specifying we were going to arrive late (1 AM), and so we did, we arrived at that time. For our surprise the check-in office was closed! We waited (and knocked) for half hour, until we gived up and we started to find a hotel carrying all our luggage with us. Traverls, be careful with this, is not really easy to find a hotel (and that they let you do check-in at that time) in this city. Definitely ... 404 NOT FOUND!

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • rfirpo
  • Uruguay

The opening hours are clearly mentioned. No 24 hour reception, check in until 10pm. Why did you book into the hostel then? If you are not able to read the description ore your booking confirmation it's not the hostels fault. I'ts so annoying to deal with people like you. To write a review like this shows only your own inability.

The hostel was very nice all together :) The arrival instructions were very good, staff was very friendly and helpful. A small minus of the kitchen being so small. On the other hand kitchen was well equiped with fridge, gas stove, water cooker etc.

This place was very nice. Actually, it's a small private house. The room was spacious, with toilet and shower. It was well furniched, lokers avaliable. The kitchen was well equiped. The only problem for someone can be a reception that works only few certain hours a day. It's a bit far from the city center, but public transport is nearby.

The place is a little hard to find and is outside the city center but the neighborhood feels safe. The hostel seems to be partially apartment so it feels homey and has a nice kitchen. I was in the 6 bed mixed and the bathroom was big and clean. It is also not a huge hostel, so it's not exactly the best place to meet someone as there isn't a bar attached or anything like that. Overall, though, no complaints!

Thank you for the review. It makes no sense to have a bar, as the hostel has only 12 beds in total. Mostly people meet in the kitchen but also the common room downstairs is open for guests with games, guitars and book exchange.

Contrary to other reviews I've seen about this place and the neighborhood is a complete fallacy. This was by far one of the most spacious and cleanest hostels I've ever been in. It's a one man show at this hostel, which speaks to the owner's dedication. The city center is only 10 min. away by tram, which is very east to use. It felt like I was staying at a house instead of a hostel.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Thank you for the review. You are one of those who understand my mission;)

The owner was always around and that of course adds to the security thing. He was also a very nice guy to talk, gave me some really good tips about my trip. The hostel is 3/4 stations away from the Hauptbahnhof and was quite easy to find.

It's a really nice little hostel in Salzburg, not so far away from the center. Not a party hostal, but more a quiete place to stay and relax. The street where the hostal is situated is a little bit noisy, but even though I can recommend the hostal.

• 9th May 2014

Very nice staff. They suggested us all the top things to do not only in the city but in Germany. Breakfast was good and the hostel was very clean. We really enjoyed our stay!

I won't recommend this to anyone. The internet doesn't work right an is switched off between certain hours. There is no atmosphere. The owner was overly controlling and made u uncomfortable. And everyone else there said the same thing. The beds were comfy though

The Internet is off from 1am to 7am I don't know what you mean with overly controlling.

The guy who runs the place is extremely helpful and always available to help you out.

Just stayed 4 days in this hostel and definetly will go back there. Although stayed in with 6 other people in the room but atmosphere, staff and hostel conditions are very good.