404 Hostel Reviews

Neusser Strasse 404, Nippes, Cologne, Germany

We booked a this hostel specifying we were going to arrive late (1 AM), and so we did, we arrived at that time. For our surprise the check-in office was closed! We waited (and knocked) for half hour, until we gived up and we started to find a hotel carrying all our luggage with us. Traverls, be careful with this, is not really easy to find a hotel (and that they let you do check-in at that time) in this city. Definitely ... 404 NOT FOUND!

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • rfirpo
  • Uruguay

The opening hours are clearly mentioned. No 24 hour reception, check in until 10pm. Why did you book into the hostel then? If you are not able to read the description ore your booking confirmation it's not the hostels fault. I'ts so annoying to deal with people like you. To write a review like this shows only your own inability.

The hostel was very nice all together :) The arrival instructions were very good, staff was very friendly and helpful. A small minus of the kitchen being so small. On the other hand kitchen was well equiped with fridge, gas stove, water cooker etc.

This place was very nice. Actually, it's a small private house. The room was spacious, with toilet and shower. It was well furniched, lokers avaliable. The kitchen was well equiped. The only problem for someone can be a reception that works only few certain hours a day. It's a bit far from the city center, but public transport is nearby.

The place is a little hard to find and is outside the city center but the neighborhood feels safe. The hostel seems to be partially apartment so it feels homey and has a nice kitchen. I was in the 6 bed mixed and the bathroom was big and clean. It is also not a huge hostel, so it's not exactly the best place to meet someone as there isn't a bar attached or anything like that. Overall, though, no complaints!

Thank you for the review. It makes no sense to have a bar, as the hostel has only 12 beds in total. Mostly people meet in the kitchen but also the common room downstairs is open for guests with games, guitars and book exchange.

Contrary to other reviews I've seen about this place and the neighborhood is a complete fallacy. This was by far one of the most spacious and cleanest hostels I've ever been in. It's a one man show at this hostel, which speaks to the owner's dedication. The city center is only 10 min. away by tram, which is very east to use. It felt like I was staying at a house instead of a hostel.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Thank you for the review. You are one of those who understand my mission;)

The owner was always around and that of course adds to the security thing. He was also a very nice guy to talk, gave me some really good tips about my trip. The hostel is 3/4 stations away from the Hauptbahnhof and was quite easy to find.

It's a really nice little hostel in Salzburg, not so far away from the center. Not a party hostal, but more a quiete place to stay and relax. The street where the hostal is situated is a little bit noisy, but even though I can recommend the hostal.

• 9th May 2014

Very nice staff. They suggested us all the top things to do not only in the city but in Germany. Breakfast was good and the hostel was very clean. We really enjoyed our stay!

I won't recommend this to anyone. The internet doesn't work right an is switched off between certain hours. There is no atmosphere. The owner was overly controlling and made u uncomfortable. And everyone else there said the same thing. The beds were comfy though

The Internet is off from 1am to 7am I don't know what you mean with overly controlling.

The guy who runs the place is extremely helpful and always available to help you out.

Just stayed 4 days in this hostel and definetly will go back there. Although stayed in with 6 other people in the room but atmosphere, staff and hostel conditions are very good.

Best hostel i have ever been because i met some interesting friends there !!! It's really nice to have the kitchen that we can meet people, chat, eat there.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

you cannot pay by credit card :(

Clean and comfortable room, little away from city center but close to metro station. Basic breakfast is provided. The guy at the reception promised to return deposit in an envelope as I was leaving early morning, but couldn't find the envelope! Found out that he lives in a room behind reception and gave my deposit after taking his sweet time, by then it was too late and i missed my train!

it's a little far from the Koln city center, but it's very near subway station and train station, therefore it's not a big problem to go to city center. It's also near Audi, so very easy to buy something. The kitchen could be used to cook by ourself.