5 Terre Backpackers Reviews

Via San Michele 5, Corvara di Beverino, Cinque Terre, Italy

Amazing! My favorite hostel out of all the ones I have stayed in. The staff goes above and beyond to make a great environment for the guests. Francesco was beyond helpful and welcoming. Beautiful view of the mountains and great rooms.

• 13th Apr 2015

Where to begin?! Upon arriving late at night to the hostel, Francesco took all of my bags and showed me to my room. Bathrooms are spacious, look brand new, and the shower was nicer than some hotels I've been in. Francesco offered me a beer and said "welcome to the family". He cooks dinner & dessert every night and afterwards, everyone hangs out on the patio by the stars! They offer two shuttles in the morning and two at night to and from town which is fantastic. I can't wait to return one day!!!

fantastic hostel - if you're visiting Cinque Terre definitely stay here. Peaceful location, beautiful building and the warmest welcome you will receive anywhere. Home cooked dinners. comfy beds. everything is really clean. win 😃

This hostel was great and in a beautiful location. Everything seemed new and was always clean. The dinners were delicious and definitely worth the money. The only negative was that I did feel a bit strapped for time trying to make the shuttle back at night but it worked out alright for my stay.

5 Terre Backpackers was a wonderful place to stay. The two brothers go out of their way to make sure you are completely happy! The location was a bit of a pain because you have no option to see the villages at night & I would recommend not booking transportation early the day you plan to leave. Wifi is only available on the patio but the rest of the facilities are in beautiful. I also loved the 10 euro dinner every night! I definitely recommend this hostel, especially for solo travelers!

We came to Cinque Terre as a part of our Italy tour. This is undoubtedly one of the best places to visit and this hostel is one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Francesco runs the one man show at the hostel as owner, receptionist, cook etc. he is one of the most pleasant persons you will ever meet. The hostel itself was very clean, tidy and the location was superb. Hostel also offers a free shuttle service to Manarola, which is a definitely a plus.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • India

Francesco

ciao guys thanks a lot ;-)))

This is a unique and friendly hostel run with tender loving care by Francesco, the cheerful owner. It's in a very old house which, under Francesco's keen eye, has been totally upgraded in a fresh, contemporary style. It's located in a small village with great views about 20 minutes from Monterosso and is accessible on his morning and evening free shuttle. Francesco cooks an evening meal at a reasonable price and everyone eats together which creates a friendly atmosphere. Highly recommended

This hostel can't be rated properly! I already rated 100% hostels sometimes but because I never expected to stay in a hostel like this! Heaven for backpackers! I loved everything here, felt like home because the interior is so clean, lovely and comfy. Because Francesco is so awesome, he loves his Job, he cares about every single traveller. Because the location is so remote but so beautiful nature around. You never want to leave! Unique experience, don't miss it :)

Real friendly owners! Dinner is an extra payment, but if you're craving authentic Italian food, go for it! Whether it's worth it or not is up to you. There was 1 night where he showed us how to make pasta. Bathroom was really big, and the place was amazingly clean. Probable downside for some is that Wifi is only available in the common area, and not in rooms.

I had the most amazing time here. Everything was way better than what I expected. The owners Francesco and Antonio are wonderful people who ensured my stay was as comfortable as possible. It was like a home away from home! Would definitely want to return someday.

• 28th Mar 2015
  • India

You won't find a better hostel anywhere, Francesco and Antonio are two of the nicest guys you'll met. The meals and desserts they cooked for us each night (worth the extra €10) were amazing, Best ever Tiramisu!!. Really cannot fault anything and if we are ever back in Cinque Terre we will absolutely be returning to this hostel.

We loved staying here! It was such a fun experience. The hostel and the village it was in were quiet and beautiful.. definitely worth the shuttle ride out of Monterosso! We loved having dinner at the hostel and meeting other travellers too! Grazie!!

• 25th Mar 2015
  • astare

I usually base which hostels I book solely on recent reviews so I would be doing the world a disservice if I didn't leave a glowing review for 5 Terre Backpackers. I can't even exaggerate enough how fabulous of hosts Francesco and Antonio were. The ONLY reason it wasn't 10s across the board is because the hostel is quite far off the beaten path...but Antonio drives the guests to and from town every morning and evening. If you are going to Cinque Terre, do yourself a favor and book this hostel.

Francesco is the most astoundingly hospitable and kind gracious host I have ever had the pleasure to meet. I will certainly be returning to his hostel just to stay with him again. Definitely get the hot breakfast.

My favourite place that I have stayed in, it was more like a home than a hostel. Thanks again Francesco!

We absolutely loved Francesco's. I honestly cannot say enough good things about 5 terre backpackers. The location is incredible, do not worry about the 20 minute drive from Monterosso Francesco's shuttle picks you up and drops you off on time and is incredibly convo convienent. Cinque terre itself is beautiful but I always looked forward to heading back up to Francesco's little hostel where the views were just as stunning. Big family atmosphere. Good wine, good people, and GREAT FOOD STAY HERE!

• 27th Oct 2014

Best hostel experience I've ever had in 3 years of backpacking. Quiet and peaceful up in the hills. Comfy beds perfect for deep sleep. Modern, stylish, cosy, and very clean! Francisco goes out of his way to make sure you are 100% satisfied during your stay and creates a great family-like atmosphere among travelers. He's incredibly friendly, helpful, and the dinners he and his family cook are delicious! Great patio to hangout and chat with others. Laundry service available and comes back folded!

One of my absolute favourite hostels - it's clean, the food is amazing and the owner Francesco has done a great job of running the place!! I would highly recommend this place to anyone as Cinque Terre is stunning and you'll meet some great people here!!

Beds were comfy, food was delicious, and great atmosphere. On top of that, Francesco and his family are some of the nicest people I've ever met. Highly recommend!

ciao anthony......grazie mille!!!!