5 Terre Backpackers Reviews

Via San Michele 5, Corvara di Beverino, Cinque Terre, Italy

If you're going to Cinque Terre this is the place to stay. I've stayed at a number of hostels and this takes the cake. The owners are incredibly nice, personal, and care so much. They offer home cooked meals every night and shuttle services right into Monterosso and back. Beautiful terrace with views of the mountains. I have never met so many beautiful people in such a small amount of time. Would have stayed much longer if there were beds available for me! Will be the highlight of my trip.

You can't go to Cinque Terre without staying at this hostel. The energy there is amazing and the owner is a real good guy. It is not directly in Cinque Terre, but it is a plus if you want to know more the people at your hostel. Really had a lot of fun there and I'd recommend Francesco's hostel to everyone!!

Thanks Francesco for such an amazing few days at your hostel. Hopefully we will be back one day!

Francesco is an amazing host, so friendly and very hospitable! The hostel is out of Monterosso (about a 20 min car trip) but the location is stunning and super relaxing. It's nice to be in a smaller hostel and all have dinner together - met some cool people and was nice to chill out after a big day hiking! Loved my time at 5 Terre Backpackers and have already recommended to people. Hope to be back again soon!

• 13th May 2015

This place is amazing! If you are going through cinque terre, you must stay here! Francisco and his family are incredible hosts and I would stay here again. It is a newer hostel and located perfectly in the mountains. I fell in love with the place the moment we drove up. :)

Like, the place is, you know, full of Americans.

If you are traveling to Cinque Terre, this hostel is a MUST. I seriously highly recommend it. I met some amazing people at this hostel and none of us wanted to leave. The hostel is a 20 min shuttle ride up into the mountains, which just adds to the experience. You also get to learn how to make homemade pesto and enjoy "family" meals with other backpackers. I miss this place dearly.

This hostel was the best hostel experience I've ever had. Although it's located far from Monterosso, it's nice getting to spend time in a totally different part of that area. It's in a beautiful spot and is so incredibly peaceful. Great atmosphere in general. The staff goes so far beyond their expectations to make sure guests are having a great time. I wouldn't miss staying here if you're coming to Cinque Terre! I want to go back already

I LOVE THIS PLACE and everything that goes with it! I love francesco and leo and their girlfriends and even their cats that make an appearance every now and then. This is definitely the best backpackers I have ever stayed at and no one should think twice about staying here. Francesco puts alot of effort into creating a "family" vibe and succeeds at this. There's so much I could say about this place but simply, it is one of a kind. Experience it yourself and you'll understand. Do it.

This place is great! Everything about my stay was perfect. Great host, guests and location. I can't recommend this place enough.

This hostel is the best that I have stayed at in Europe. The social area really made it easy to get to know people, as did Francesco's family dinners and the ride to and from Monterosso - honestly, I enjoyed those rides very much and the change of scenery every evening. The mountain view from the hostel is majestic. The beds are super comfortable and the countryside is nice and quiet. I hope you have the chance to try Francesco's tiramisu. He and the rest of the team were fantastic.

It is rather far away from the beach, about a 20 minute shuttle ride through winding roads that make it easy to get carsick. HOWEVER I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone. The "family" dinners are delicious and I met so many people so easily. Francesco is no doubt about it the nicest person on earth and will go out of his way to help you have the best time.

Francesco and Leo are SO NICE! Francesco is very accommodating and wants you to enjoy your stay (and he's totally cute). Great hostel with an unparalleled view of the Italian Riviera. It's a pain to drive in the shuttle for 30 minutes but I'd say it was worth it. Great atmosphere for solo travelers, great food, and again, great staff.

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Don't let the location deter you from booking, the shuttle service provided is more than adequate to see all that the Cinque Terre has to offer. The building you stay in is a converted Italian farmhouse ~300 years old. The inside has been renovated to provide modern accommodations. Francesco and the rest of the staff is great in helping out with whatever you need. Make sure to watch the sunset over the mountains, I will definitely be back.

My stay at 5 Terre Backpackers Inn was wonderful! The host was so friendly and did everything he could to make our stay enjoyable! The location was a bit far from Cinque Terre but if you planned it right, then the free shuttles that were provided would be fine. But once you arrive, the view at the hostel is phenomenal! It is almost like a resort! It is also a smaller hostel that gives a family type atmosphere, especially when you all eat dinner together. Definitely recommend staying there!

I loved my stay at 5 Terre Backpackers! The location is beautiful. I didn't mind taking the shuttle ride to and from Monterosso, it is very simple and the short ride is worth staying in such a beautiful hostel. Francesco was very welcoming, and it felt like he was sharing his home with me, rather than a large hotel type of hostel. As a solo female traveler safety is very important to me and I felt 100% comfortable and safe in this hostel. I'll definitely stay here again when I return!

It is really expensive to stay here for there to be no wifi and stranded in the middle of nowhere. Also the no outside alcohol and food rule clearly shows that the owner is concerned with making as much profit as possible.

I'm so sorry ..... I try to put passion into my work and you are able to feel that for me it's just businnes ..... believe it is not so !!!! however there is wi fi and also works well for being in the middle of nowhere ...;-) ciao francesco

This was the most amazing hostel I've ever stayed in, and I've traveled to quite a few places. Francesco is absolutely amazing! He makes everyone feel completely at home and he's so accommodating. We ate dinner together, we had great conversation, and he even showed us how to make pesto from scratch! I couldn't have asked for a better hostel experience. Thank you, Francesco! I hope to visit again soon. :)

Hands down, best hostel I have ever stayed at! Francisco was absolutely wonderful and his homemade dinners were divine. There is such a calming atmosphere to the hostel and the location is breathtaking. One of the highlights of my Europe trip!

This hostel was super cute !! I loved everything about it! It's a nice relaxing stay , waking up to the most beautiful sunrise and over looking a breath taking sunset. It's secluded away so its very peaceful. Francesco was an amazing host , he's super sweet and for 10€ a night he prepares for u a home cooked traditional Italian meal and delicious dessert! I woke up thinking I was at home I was so comfortable. Everyone eats together and its a great way to meet people ! Defiantly recommend !

View all Cinque Terre Hostels