511 Lima Hostel Reviews

Avenida de la aviación 175, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Very friendly staff! I only stayed here for about 14 hour before flying out to cusco- but the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hostel is 2 blocks from the miraflores beach- great place for walking, jogging, people watching, ect.

Cute place, staff was very helpful. Our ensuite bathroom was nice and clean, but shower was as not hot. Might have been because two others showered before I did. Everything in the hostel was clean except for the extra bathroom on the first floor. Only stayed one night, but would have stayed longer if there hadn't been a strong chemical smell in the morning. Probably from some construction or remodeling.

Excellent stay, lovely staff, would defiantly stay again.

We had a great stay! The staff was extremely helpful and accomodating - my two friends and I actually paid for a dorm but since there was a private room available when we checked in the staff upgraded us to the private for free!

• 2nd Jun 2014

This was our favourite dorm hostel in Peru. It was clean and spacious and had great chill vibes. Kitchen was great, big common area was great, dorm was great and staff were super helpful. I would definitely recommend this hostel and would stay again!

This is pretty plush for a hostel and doesn't have much of an atmosphere. The internet is excellent though ans it is very close to Miraflores beach.

A good place near to Miraflores, the breakfast were poor compared with others hostels that are cheaper than this. It were clean and confortable.

This is a stylish break from the mega-hostel scene in peru. The owner could not be more helpful. Come here if you want some stellar restaurant recommendations

This is one of the nicest placest i ´ve been to , tastefully decorated , planty of common areas to chill with other travelers , and an unbeatable location a block away from the ocean all at a great price . As is everywhere in peru the staff is very friendly and accomadetaing ,and they served us a tasty breakfast . The only set back is not enough hot water in the showers and the bathroom for the dorms is ensuite which can be a bit delicate for you and other lodgers .

Great hostel! Felt like a home away from home. The staff were excellent! Very friendly and extremely knowladgable of Lima and of other cities too (they gave me some great tips for Cusco). Would stay here again and highly recommend it!

A new hostel that we found very helpful and friendly from arrival. Staff are super helpful with giving tips for sightseeing and ideas. Dorms were very clean with way ensuite availability. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this safe and friendly hostel, ideal located for all amenities needed for our 5 day visit.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Wales

Excellent hostel to stay in Miraflores. The owner and staff was very nice and informative. Will stay here again

This place is beyond stellar. The property is amazing as well as the staff. We were so lucky to have this as our first stop in Peru, we even decided to come back and stay for another few days after visiting cusco. This is most definitely the most comfortable I have ever been at a hostel, and would recommend it to everyone I know!! Don't miss out come stay here!

• 24th Apr 2014

This was one of the best places we stayed at in Peru. Super clean, nice room with new TV and king sized bed, cool decor, very friendly and helpful owners/staff, excellent location in Miraflores right near the waterfront. Common areas are very cozy and it feels like home. Also, the owner is very handsome.

• 17th Apr 2014

Vibes are great here, as is the breakfast. I've also never been better taken care of by staff - one night they were full and the hostel I had booked did not answer the door at 1:30AM, so the 511 staff gave me the couch, a pillow, a blanket, and breakfast the next day. Really wonderful!

This hostel was a disaster for me but I am sure once they have plumbing problems sorted and rooms organised it will be good. They were very good in moving us to another fantastic hotel barybar although a little further along coast was really nice and good coffee. So many hostels try to pass brown water as coffee. My advice is if going to provide do it well or not at all. The 511 staff were great and we went back and hired bikes from them. Receptions rooms excellent

I really don´t think we diserve you calling us a disaster. We run into some problems and we did everything for you to feel good. I don´t know why you say Casa de Barayvar is further away from the coast when actually is just by the coast. I´m sorry, but I think your comment is really unfair and it dosn´t need further more explanations from us. We will keep on improving. Thanks!

Nice hostel, bit difficult for the taxi to find though! (No sign outside). Nice part of Miraflores, close to the coastal/cliff top walkway. Had thought we'd booked an airport pickup which wasn't there but got a taxi easily enough. Shared bathrooms and no breakfast mean a slightly lower rating from us, but a perfectly fine hostel!

Within easy walking distance of Kennedy Park, Larcomar and Parque de Amor as well as the beach, you really can't go wrong. I had a private room and bathroom. The room was very clean and the staff incredibly helpful. I really enjoyed my stay here and would recommend to anyone.

Well decorated, quiet, clean hostel near the beach on the edge of Miraflores. Not a party hostel but still quite social and very comfortable. Owners were so helpful and friendly.

Located only 5 min walk from the beach and surf. Spacey dorms with good beds. Walls in the dorms for more privacy. Balkony. Owners very friendly and knowledgeable about the city. Bike rental. Nice common areas. Good breakfast. Kitchen a little small but manageable. Met many nice people here.