511 Lima Hostel Reviews

Avenida de la aviación 175, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

What really made the stay here great for me was the staff, Anita and Luis. They really couldn't have done any more for me. I had a problem with my bag being lost in transit and it didn't arrive from the airport for a couple of days. Anita helped me with this by making several phone calls to the airline, organising a room for an extra night, at a discounted price, (as there were no single rooms left) and even offered to lend me some clothes. I would definitely stay here again.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Like a boutique hotel but at hostel prices. Staff were really friendly and knowledgeable about the area. It's a 15 minute walk to the main areas in Lima but a nice walk and very safe. Definitely recommend a stay here!

The hostel was fine. Our room was very big, had a flat screen TV and a good shower. When we came to pick up our stuff the day we left, though, someone I guess put their daughter in our room to watch cartoons. She didn't flinch while we were packing up, instead asking "are you leaving now?" which I thought was inappropriate. It is a very short walk from the ocean. Breakfast is bread/jam/tea/coffe/juice, pretty standard.

very kind staff, great location and good breakfast :)

A very good option in Lima, close to the best restaurants and main spots in town. The property is gorgeous, seems to be brand new, full of artistic references and nice books. Staff could not be more kind and helpful. Gonzalo, Anita and Luis were always ready to provide tips on the city, detail directions and support with services in general. Clean, spacious rooms, super comfortable bed. Great breakfast. What else could one ask for?

Good location in a good neighborhood located about 10-15 minutes walking distance to the tourist area location on Miraflores. Facilities are good and clean but in my room there was not enough hot water. I had a private room with bathroom and the shower had a tiny electric water heater that really didnt heat much and the mornings got pretty cold in September.

Good place to stay, even if it's a couple of minutes to walk to Miraflores downtown. Great service when owner drover us to a friend's hostel since that one was booked out for our last night. Our room and beds were comfortable, breakfast was a large selection compared to other hostels in Peru!

We loved staying here and the staff are always smiling and will help you with anything. It's beautiful decorated and the owner Gonzola's was helpful with any questions. Will be staying here again :)

We loved staying here and it's great value for money. We love the staff and there very friendly and will help you with any questions about lima or Peru. Would defiantly recommend it to friends.

The staff was great and super helpful; location is about 15 min walk to the center; and the facility is eclectic which i loved. The only negative thing I would say is that the rooms don't have heat and the showers were temperamental. For a warm shower you had to catch at the right time.

This is a cool modern looking hostel with art everywhere it has a good breakfast, quiet environment, friendly staff. Located right in Miraflores it was an easy walk everywhere we wanted to go. Gonzalo was great, he hooked us up with maps and told us where to find surfing lessons. The breakfast was nice compared to some other hostels with eggs, fruit and toast plus coffee / tea. Would definitely recommend it was a great home base while exploring the city of Lima!

It´s been great having you, I´m really glad you had an awesome time here. Hope to see you again someday my friend. All the best!.

Staff weren't particularly helpful, they would answer questions when asked but didn't seem very bothered about going out of there way to help. They didn't really explain much on arrival, ie where and how to get the breakfast. The place was very cold as the doors seemed to be in a perminent state of openness dispite it being winter. The actual property it's self was quite nice and was in a quiet location.

• 30th Jul 2014

Sorry you had this experience with us. We are always taking all the negative comments as a positive thing. Thanks!.

Being a cautious female traveler, 511 Lima Hostel did feel safe to me. The room was a little humid and damp but I guess it is understandable because of the overcast rainy weather when I was there and its by the sea in Miraflores. It was a quiet stay overall in regards to the hostel although there were some construction across the street. Arrived in Lima at night so I thought it would be safer to arrange a ride from the hostel,turned out to be more expensive than average so I wouldn't recommend.

Solid hostel. Worth it. Good location in Miraflores, more towards the beach. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Hot water and free breakfast was greatly appreciated. Only area of improvement would be thicker blankets. In the middle of winter it got very cold at night. Most other hostels have thick duvets, but at 511 they were quiet thin.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Great hostel, that is more like a hotel (if you book their private room & bathroom. It was an easy walk to Jose Pardo and the waterfront. It seemed like a luxury stay after many days of hiking and camping!

• 20th Jul 2014

Very friendly staff! I only stayed here for about 14 hour before flying out to cusco- but the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hostel is 2 blocks from the miraflores beach- great place for walking, jogging, people watching, ect.

Cute place, staff was very helpful. Our ensuite bathroom was nice and clean, but shower was as not hot. Might have been because two others showered before I did. Everything in the hostel was clean except for the extra bathroom on the first floor. Only stayed one night, but would have stayed longer if there hadn't been a strong chemical smell in the morning. Probably from some construction or remodeling.