5footway.inn Project Bugis Reviews

10 Aliwal Street, Singapore, Singapore

I had a solo room that felt like a closet in a hospital -- no natural light, all white walls and furnishings. The connected bathroom supplied working but low-quality shower and toilet. It felt like water was constantly running/dripping from above and the entire room was damp and somewhat smelly. Breakfast was unappetizing and staff was nice enough, but nothing special after hospitality I've seen in neighboring countries. One plus: could walk to main attractions.

• 18th Aug 2015

Me and my family have a pleasent stay at 5footway inn bugis hotel. Even my 6th years old son and nephew were having fun. Good location, good price, good internet connection, good staff, and very tasty "teh tarik" . I will stay again next time in this hotel.

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Indonesia

Careful.this place is beside two niteclubs.You will be listening to loud music until 4am.I complained that my 6 year old couldn't sleep (seriously even with earplugs in the base was intolerable)and the staff did nothing.theyre advise was to see it through until it stopped at 4 am.Incredulus One staff member was canvasing for positive tripadvisor reviews at breakfast.she was actually sitting with the people while they wrote on her tablet.She wan't interested in my problem from the night before.

Good overall and pretty decent value. Good use of a small space for the private room. Breakfast was fairly poor, but fine for a free one - but PLEASE stop using styrofoam plates and plastic cutlery! They feel awful to eat from and are the worst possible environmental choice: a small dishwasher (or even a sink for guests to handwash!) would be so much better overall. On that basis alone, I would probably not return. If this changes, I would love to be back.

The hostel is located next to a very noisy night club, very much in need of renovation, and during my stay tried to offer me dirty used towels... the beds are smelly, and the bathrooms filthy... with 2 out of order during my stay. Definetly would not recommend, as there are lots of very good hostels in the area..

• 17th Jul 2015

Rate should be provide at a cheaper for long stay like me

Overall, it is a nice hostel because: 1) Room is clean 2) Friendly receptionist 3) Just 5 min walk from Nicoll Highway Station 4) There is a nice food junction(Golden Mile) which u can find a lot of nice foods 5) They allow you to deposit your luggage even after you check out. I would recommend my friend to stay here. :)

their third floor was undergoing renovation. the lounge area is small, just three small table for the whole occupants and cramped. the beds were okay, comfy and clean. they do give you towel free to use. the room lacks hanging hooks. the bathroom still acceptable and plenty of them. what we disliked is that the night club was still banging until 4am and located right next to this hostel. cannot get a decent sleep. would never stay here again.

Great amenities -- unlimited drinks, internet, adapters, personal bedside electrical outlets and night lamps. Linen was fresh and clean! The free postcards upon checkout was a nice touch. Me and 2 friends stayed at a 4-bed shared room with a private bath. We still used the common baths outside since the room is shared anyway. Better though if styrofoam wasn't used for dining, and if a clothesline or space was provided to hang our towels/wet stuff, since the rooms were windowless.

More seating area for breakfast.

I stayed in single ensuite room for 5 days traveling here for work. Room was small (but i suppose you get what you pay for, and hey it's Singapore!) Room was well maintained Very near to MRT station. And walkable to many locations (Bugis, Lavender, and even Geylang if you are that adveneterous) Would recommend for good-for-value accommodation :)

• 20th May 2015
  • Malaysia

Dear guest, thank you very much for your comments and recommending us to other travellers. We are glad that you like the room and we hope you had a great time exploring the vicinity. It was a pleasure having you as a guest and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

The stay Was fantastic and the people were very friendly, warm and helpful. Tg stay was totally worth the money. Thank You so much.

• 16th May 2015
  • India

Dear guest, thank you for your kind review. We are glad that you had a fantastic stay and our staff were friendly, warm and helpful. Your compliment is our motivation and we will strive to maintain the standards for future guests. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Accessible but a bit too noisy at night.

• 16th May 2015
  • Thailand

Terribel place if you expect a renovated place (as they write on the website), the place looks much worse in reality than the pictures, disappointing experience, we ended up checking out the same day we came, since it was too horrible to stay there for the two nights we had reserved.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Denmark

Found ciggaret in my room, the room also dusty

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

Overall stay was satisfying. Staff at check in were friendly however for the next few days, staff were not friendly and rather rude. However, everything else was great as main attractions were nearby. MRT station was also nearby and just under 5 minutes away. If you are looking for a budget place, this would be a good option. Room although small, was cosy and beds were comfortable. Room smelt slightly musty as well. Other than that, toilets and hotel was clean.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Dear guest, thank you very much for your comments and recommending us to other travellers. We are glad that you like our room and location. We have carefully noted your feedback and we apologize for the discomfort that you had experienced during your stay. Please rest assured that we are taking appropriate measures to address the issues. We look forward to welcoming you again.

My stay at the 5Footway inn Project Bugis was excellent. It was a three days and two nights stay. The location is just nice, we don't have to walk far for the MRT stations. But there was a slight problem in getting a cab. Otherwise, Project Bugis is a hassle free hostel. But, the problem was with the bed condition, we booked a two single bed room with shared bathroom, I did not know that we need to climb up the stairs And I went there with my mum, and it was kind of a problem for her to climb up

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to write us a comment. We are glad that you like our location. We apologize for the discomfort that you had experienced during your stay as the beds offered did not meet your expectations. For your next visit, you may want to consider a double room in other 5footway.inn properties such as Project Boat Quay and Project Ann Siang, where climbing is not required. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

During our stay the hostel is undergoing renovation, which really isn't pleasant but understandable. We're staying over the weekends, at night we could hear noises from the pub next door "booming" through the wall. Other than that, overall the hostel is value for money and the location is convenient and easy to find. A recommendation for budget hostel.

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

We were put in a very loud room next to reception and were woken up constantly throughout the night. Music from reception, the main door being slammed, construction work all added to the noise level. We were later moved to another room which was quieter but still not great.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to write us a comment. We apologise for any inconvenience that you experienced due to the noise level. Please rest assured that we are taking appropriate measures to address the issue. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Great Stay!! Perfect for budget travellers.

Dear guest, thank you for your generous rating. It was a pleasure for us to have you as a guest. We look forward to hosting you again!