7 Duendes Base Hostel Reviews

San Juan 189, Salta, Argentina

About 10 minutes from both the Centro and bus terminal. Courtyard good feeling of well-manicured. Attentive staff. I can use the Wi-Fi in the dormitory. Warm shower. (Bread of multiple, serial, coffee, tea) breakfast

Pretty average hostel. Quite clean. Staff are nice. No atmosphere.

Really friendly staff, hot showers, warm rooms chilled out environment would recomend to stay here

• 8th Aug 2014

Had a great stay, warm shower good facilities. They had computers, TV and even a movie "room". Good vibes and friendly staff.m

Very nice hostel with friendly staff, good location and good facilities.

This hostel is very welcoming, well located and does all the jobs of a basic hostel. It is clean, but overall simple and basic. The staff speak very limited English but everyone can get by. The semi-garden setting is pleasant and we were not cold at night, and the location so close to the bus terminal is convenient. It is perfectly adequate and I would stay here again, but I do think an overall rating of 82% (At time of booking) was a little generous.

Very accomodating staff (on our way back thourgh the city we could drop bags there without staying the night). Enough bathrooms and of a standard level. Room with heating (winter in July), lockers, more blankets. Not too far from the bus terminal and the city center. Breakfast okay.

I only stayed very briefly as I was on a stop over in Salta on the way from Cafayate to Humuhuaca. However when I entered the room it smelt really bad and there isn't much space if you're in the bottom bunk - you have to be really careful of your head. The staff who greeted me was really helpful and friendly - he offered me breakfast to take away the next morning when I had my early start.

Helpful staff but not all speak English. Walking distance from bus st and to center sq with backpack :) cheap beer available at hostel. WiFi, showers all good. Breaky basic but works.

i spent little time at the hostel itself, but the owner was really helpful in me planning my next days road trip around the region. the location is a few blocks away from the main plaza and main pedestrian area with lost of restaurants, as well as the bus stop.

Perfectly acceptable hostel. Close to the bus station. Thin walls, not the best kitchen and needs an extra toilet and more power outlets in the rooms BUT a really nice outdoor area, friendly staff and solid lockers and beds in the dorms.

Basic hostel but the 4 bed rooms are comfy and clean. Showers are great kitchen is functional but sparse. Breakfast is really good. Would recommend staying here. There are lots of hostels in Salta, but only a few on hostel world. So make sure you search around.

Exceeded my expectations! Extremely friendly and helpful staff, comfortable dorm rooms, plenty of lockers, great common areas, would recommend for anyone to stay here.

• 1st Jun 2014

Wonderful hostel!! Good price, great location (only 6 blocks away from the main square) and helpful staff. Kitchen is big and has everything, the beds are comfortable, everything is clean and there are always fellow travellers to hang out with. The only bad thing is that the plug socket location in the rooms is really bad, but If you don't mind that it's the perfect place.

This hostel is fine to spend some days is Salta. It is well located in downtown and people in the reception are extremely kind. The hostel is not "attractive", it is very basic. Internet and showers are fine.

This hostel was great. Besides one girl at reception who forgot the two things we had asked her , the staff were all great. The place was very clean and the have a lovely garden space out the back. The breakfast was good and started at half 6 which is great and the wifi worked perfectly in our rooms. I would recommend more plugs in the room tho.

The older man that works here in the mornings is WONDERFUL. I assume he is the owner. He is super sweet and kind. Can't say the same for the rest of the staff. Most of the time there was no one at the desk and they didn't seem to care very much about the guests. Average breakfast. The whole place in kinda dingy.

There are no room keys so make sure all belongings are locked away in lockers. Atmosphere was fantastic, we booked in for one night

Pretty average hostel. I would come again just as a stopover point between the surrounding cities. The hot water and internat was a bit shotty when I was there. Really close to the bus station.

Pleasant, clean hostel. Good atmosphere and people when we were there. Nice outdoor chill out areas makes it easy to meet new people. Location 10 mins from centre but 35 mins from nightlife