7 Duendes Reviews

San Juan 189, Salta, Argentina

This hostel was ideal for what I needed - a short stay close to the bus station. It was quite empty so perhaps that was the reason for the lack of atmosphere. When I arrived I didnt see the reception desk in the common room near the door and was able to walk right through the hostel unchallenged which is bit concerning. Otherwise the kitchen area is big and fairly well equipped, beds are comfy and bathrooms are clean with hot water and the breakfast is basic but sufficient. I would stay again.

a really good hostel for a low budget. a few of the workers didn't speak English, but we're really patient with my Spanish. all staff we're willing to help as well and recommended things to do.

We stayed only one night (in transit from San Pedro, Chile to Cafayate, Argentina). It was very close to the bus station, the breakfast was great (those cereals were very appreciated after so much bread for breakfast!!) and the hostel was clean.

7 Duendes is close to the bus station which was great because I got in late. The staff is really friendly, and it is a great place to meet other travelers. The beds were comfortable, and there were a lot of bathrooms, so you never had to wait. It is a little walk to the center, which is why I ended up switching to a different hostel closer to the main plaza. The hostel is kind of dark at night and in the day doesn't get much natural light, which was a little sad, but otherwise it is decent!

7 Duendes is a basic hostel but has everything you need. If you are travelling on a budget we would recommend it. The staff speak very little English, which can be difficult if you have limited Spanish. Good location.

Staff very helpful and friendly. Clean. Didn't seem to object to travellers washing their clothes. Securing units for some lockers were loose, could be unscrewed. A door to dorm is ill fitted and made loud noise. Could be disturbing late at night for people near the dorm.

Comfortable beds and hot showers. Easy walk from bus station and 10mins walk from the center. Great supermarket on the next block. Lockers in 4 bed dorms are big enough for all luggage.

Good place! Good breakfast, nice helpful owners, only thing is a line for the few bathrooms in the morning

I really loved my stay at 7 Duendes. The staff was very sweet and always helpful. I loved the outdoor courtyard, which really set the atmosphere for a social environment without being a "party hostel". I would highly reccomend this place while you are in Salta! I even ended up extending my stay an extra night!

Awesome place! Really felt comfortable staying there.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Bulgaria

The people who are working there are great and there was quite a nice crowd when I was there, but honestly, the rooms are dark, a bit filthy and not inviting, the bathrooms were always full of hair...

The hostel bathrooms are cleaned several times a day including grids, but inevitably bathing hair all the time to accumulate in the same ... also the rooms are cleaned every day but we are not responsible if your roommates were not ordered ......

Great hostel! The staff is really welcoming and helpful, and there are a lot of common areas that make it easy to meet other travellers. I was in an out of Salta a few times over 2 weeks and they were kind enough to keep my backpack safe in the depository. The only thing that would need improvement is the wi-fi that is only working in at the reception and in the kitchen.

Friendly hostel, plenty of place to mix with other travellers.

Very nice hostel in Salta. A few blocks for the centre and a few minutes walk from the terminal. The place is clean and all the guys working here are really friendly. Their patio is a great place to chill, have a few beers and socialise.

I loved staying at this hostel! The staff are really friendly, the facilities are good, there's a plentiful breakfast and the big table in the kitchen makes it realky sociable and easy to meet people. I would reccommend the horseriding on the finca that they offer, it was great. My only small complaint is that there was no WiFi in the bedrooms. Otherwise it was great!

Very nice hostel! Great location so close to the busstation and a short walk from the centrum place. Very clean. Nice garden. Sweet owner with his white shadow ;) (the dog) Although the kitchen was a bit small for the number of people, because many of us cooked; but than can change from group to group ofcourse! The Wifi is only working in the kitchen and in the other not so nice room in the front. But we will recommend!

Good for meeting people. Staff were not exactly helpful when I had some questions about the city/buses. They did not explain anything about the hostel either. I met some nice people, so I had a nice stay. Wifi is really not working well. Breakfast was not very good. Showers had hot water, bathrooms were ok. Beds were fine. Rooms were a bit small, but ok. There was a lot of space to sit outside and they had a tv room for watching movies, which was nice.

Cheap and walking distance from bus station and to the centre. Breakfast is pretty standard and not too glamorous - cornflakes, bread and jam - good showers i reckon. Nice staff, v chill.

The blankets had holes in them. The staff had no idea what to recomend us. The breakfast was very minimal and there was only one bathroom in the whole hostel. Overall it was very basic and I would not recomend to anyone. Location good

• 23rd Mar 2015

We have four bathrooms in the hostel, all of them with shower, hot water 24 hours, and if you need a towel, you get one for free. Our "minimal" breakfast, that is included in our minimal price, includes coffee, tea, mate, korn flakes, milk, bread, butter and jam all of it unlimited. Maybe there are old blankets, but if you ask the staff to change them, there is no problem. If anyone reads our average comments, they'll find out this is all malicious lies.

My stay at this hostel was lovely. The staff were nice, the hostel was clean! The location was just right (close to the bus station, supermarkets etc and only a short distance to local attractions. The rooms were cosy, they even had heating! Bathrooms and kitchen were always clean, breakfast was modest as to be expected. Tours could be easily organised through this hostel, just a pity about the rain!