7 Duendes Reviews

San Juan 189, Salta, Argentina

Good location, clean spacious rooms and nice hot showers. Communal space a bit rough around the edges and dated. Not a hostel to sit and chill out in the evening but a good value bed, shower and breakfast.

Home away from home! I have stayed in a lot of hostels and in different countries, and '7 Duendes' is one of the best. They take care of you 100% of the time. The place is clean, well located and safe. The staff is unbelievably helpful and kind. I could not say enough good things about the place and the lovely people who work there. If you go to Salta, you have to stay here. Also, if you are traveling on your own and a female, this is definitely the place to go.

• 17th Jul 2015

I enjoyed my 4 night stay in 7 Duendes. It is very easy to find and is conveniently located near the bus station and just a short walk to the city center. There are large storage lockers in each room that you can put all your stuff in and lock up. The rooms themselves are not locked, but it is safe. The bathrooms were always clean and the hot water in the showers was excellent. The hostel is not a party hostel, which I appreciated. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I would stay here again.

The blankets aren't washed between stays- sheets yet but blankets no, so they smelled funny. In some rooms, the heaters don't work which is a problem considering how cold it is at night. Also, the door is usually left unlocked allowing anyone to walk in, which would be fine if there were always someone at the front desk but there often isn't. Other than that, no complaints. Great staff, good location (have to be careful walking at night though) and not too far from the centro.

• 7th Jul 2015

Hostel was OK. No real complaints. Just that it was lacking in atmosphere and looked a little bit run down. It is clean though and not too far from the main square.

This hostel was ideal for what I needed - a short stay close to the bus station. It was quite empty so perhaps that was the reason for the lack of atmosphere. When I arrived I didnt see the reception desk in the common room near the door and was able to walk right through the hostel unchallenged which is bit concerning. Otherwise the kitchen area is big and fairly well equipped, beds are comfy and bathrooms are clean with hot water and the breakfast is basic but sufficient. I would stay again.

a really good hostel for a low budget. a few of the workers didn't speak English, but we're really patient with my Spanish. all staff we're willing to help as well and recommended things to do.

We stayed only one night (in transit from San Pedro, Chile to Cafayate, Argentina). It was very close to the bus station, the breakfast was great (those cereals were very appreciated after so much bread for breakfast!!) and the hostel was clean.

7 Duendes is close to the bus station which was great because I got in late. The staff is really friendly, and it is a great place to meet other travelers. The beds were comfortable, and there were a lot of bathrooms, so you never had to wait. It is a little walk to the center, which is why I ended up switching to a different hostel closer to the main plaza. The hostel is kind of dark at night and in the day doesn't get much natural light, which was a little sad, but otherwise it is decent!

7 Duendes is a basic hostel but has everything you need. If you are travelling on a budget we would recommend it. The staff speak very little English, which can be difficult if you have limited Spanish. Good location.

Staff very helpful and friendly. Clean. Didn't seem to object to travellers washing their clothes. Securing units for some lockers were loose, could be unscrewed. A door to dorm is ill fitted and made loud noise. Could be disturbing late at night for people near the dorm.

Comfortable beds and hot showers. Easy walk from bus station and 10mins walk from the center. Great supermarket on the next block. Lockers in 4 bed dorms are big enough for all luggage.

Good place! Good breakfast, nice helpful owners, only thing is a line for the few bathrooms in the morning

I really loved my stay at 7 Duendes. The staff was very sweet and always helpful. I loved the outdoor courtyard, which really set the atmosphere for a social environment without being a "party hostel". I would highly reccomend this place while you are in Salta! I even ended up extending my stay an extra night!

Awesome place! Really felt comfortable staying there.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Bulgaria

The people who are working there are great and there was quite a nice crowd when I was there, but honestly, the rooms are dark, a bit filthy and not inviting, the bathrooms were always full of hair...

The hostel bathrooms are cleaned several times a day including grids, but inevitably bathing hair all the time to accumulate in the same ... also the rooms are cleaned every day but we are not responsible if your roommates were not ordered ......

Great hostel! The staff is really welcoming and helpful, and there are a lot of common areas that make it easy to meet other travellers. I was in an out of Salta a few times over 2 weeks and they were kind enough to keep my backpack safe in the depository. The only thing that would need improvement is the wi-fi that is only working in at the reception and in the kitchen.

Friendly hostel, plenty of place to mix with other travellers.

Very nice hostel in Salta. A few blocks for the centre and a few minutes walk from the terminal. The place is clean and all the guys working here are really friendly. Their patio is a great place to chill, have a few beers and socialise.

I loved staying at this hostel! The staff are really friendly, the facilities are good, there's a plentiful breakfast and the big table in the kitchen makes it realky sociable and easy to meet people. I would reccommend the horseriding on the finca that they offer, it was great. My only small complaint is that there was no WiFi in the bedrooms. Otherwise it was great!